ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 181
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:26 PM 05-21-2018
It's completely about the football program and the need to improve that before we lose our place among the major conferences. The thing is a damn embarrassment and it's beyond me why nothing has been done about it before now.
[Reply]
Coach 07:03 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's completely about the football program and the need to improve that before we lose our place among the major conferences. The thing is a damn embarrassment and it's beyond me why nothing has been done about it before now.
I was surprised that KU didn't go for the athletics upgrades quickly when Mangino was still coaching for KU. That would had worked out well for them, because the team was winning, tickets were a hot commodity, and I believe had they done it during 2007-2009 seasons, the stadium wouldn't be in disrepair.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:38 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It went beyond the major sports, KU's Volleyball program and Girl's B-Ball program had been rebuilt from the ground up, and to my knowledge, Zenger either directly led to those coaches leaving or let them jump ship. Both programs are now in complete disarray.

Dude was just in over his head from the beginning.
as long as any AD is hands off his program beyond fundraising l don’t see why Self would have a problem with any AD. There is no AD that would be stupid enough to come in and make changes to Self’s basketball or doing anything to make Self even mildly uncomfortable.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:57 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
I was surprised that KU didn't go for the athletics upgrades quickly when Mangino was still coaching for KU. That would had worked out well for them, because the team was winning, tickets were a hot commodity, and I believe had they done it during 2007-2009 seasons, the stadium wouldn't be in disrepair.
They tried. It fell apart after the Mangino situation.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/j...on-club-flops/
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:01 PM 05-21-2018
Lew Perkins sold off all your athletics equipment.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:39 PM 05-21-2018
Yeah, looks like it's really just football related. While Zenger was bad at his job, the timing of the move isn't going to do a dumpster fire any favors.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:56 PM 05-21-2018
Didn't KU have a chance at getting Harbaugh but hired Gil instead?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:31 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yeah, looks like it's really just football related. While Zenger was bad at his job, the timing of the move isn't going to do a dumpster fire any favors.
Yes it will, it will allow them to fire their shit head coach and hopefully find a young guy like Iowa State did. KU should be better then Iowa State when it comes to football. A 6-6 team sometimes winning 8-9 games is plenty doable at KU
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:49 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Didn't KU have a chance at getting Harbaugh but hired Gil instead?
Not realistically, no.
[Reply]
sedated 07:50 AM 05-22-2018
KC radio d-bag with agenda: "If you didn't live in the KC area, you'd have to think this is all about the FBI investigation, right? That's the perception nationally. It's going to be very tough for KU to hire an experienced AD with the FBI knocking on their door"

National guy: "This is long overdue with how much of a joke that football program has become. KU's AD hired Weis and Beatty (mispronounced). The guy should have been gone years ago, after just 1 of those hires, much less both."
[Reply]
Coogs 07:57 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It went beyond the major sports, KU's Volleyball program and Girl's B-Ball program had been rebuilt from the ground up, and to my knowledge, Zenger either directly led to those coaches leaving or let them jump ship. Both programs are now in complete disarray.

Dude was just in over his head from the beginning.
Bechard left the volleyball team?
[Reply]
Lzen 10:13 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
This is spot on. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 10:18 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Yes it will, it will allow them to fire their shit head coach and hopefully find a young guy like Iowa State did. KU should be better then Iowa State when it comes to football. A 6-6 team sometimes winning 8-9 games is plenty doable at KU
Yep. Beaty had better show big improvement this season or he's gone.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:19 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
KC radio d-bag with agenda: "If you didn't live in the KC area, you'd have to think this is all about the FBI investigation, right? That's the perception nationally. It's going to be very tough for KU to hire an experienced AD with the FBI knocking on their door"

National guy: "This is long overdue with how much of a joke that football program has become. KU's AD hired Weis and Beatty (mispronounced). The guy should have been gone years ago, after just 1 of those hires, much less both."
Assuming you mean KK? We can always count on that guy. :-)
[Reply]
Messier 10:45 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:

He’s such a dill weed. He’s laser focused on KU. Gets all his theories from his millionaire KSU alumni golfing buddies. Acting all disgusted by the cheerleading story when he is someone of very questionable morals.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 181
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up