ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 221
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:21 AM 04-10-2019
Out here fishing not catching but I'm happy be out here though last time I caught a couple nice size tasty channel cats but I've yet get a nibble but the night is nice.

I did have a day in Missouri with my GF and drove out across Truman lake & I've decided I want go kayak fishing it. Anyone know much about Truman lake in Misou? What's fishing license gonna run me for out of state?
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:22 AM 04-10-2019
I've caught billions and billions of fish but not one fucking one tonight. :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 04:53 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Out here fishing not catching but I'm happy be out here though last time I caught a couple nice size tasty channel cats but I've yet get a nibble but the night is nice.

I did have a day in Missouri with my GF and drove out across Truman lake & I've decided I want go kayak fishing it. Anyone know much about Truman lake in Misou? What's fishing license gonna run me for out of state?
https://mdc.mo.gov/
[Reply]
chinaski 05:45 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Hi friends. Finding myself between jobs I've decided that after I spend the morning managing my contacts and reaching out for work, I'm going to spend the rest of my day doing something I enjoy.

So... I just got my very first California fishing license and looking to gear up with new salt water and fresh water rigs. Not looking to break the bank, but willing to spend above the entry level to get a good value and equipment I can trust.

My fishing experience is intermediate. I plan to fish northern California lakes for bass and maybe trout, crappie. Whatever else is in these lakes.

Also going to buy a surfcasting rig to hang at the beach some twilight evenings.

Figure I'm willing to learn the finesse of using a spincast for the fresh water. What brands should I look into for reel and rod? Places to buy? I am not going to rely on Amazon reviews of anything. I learned my lesson there the hard way with the tinniest-sounding 5-star bookshelf speakers $150 can buy.

taking advice...
I'm not too well versed in Salt fishing from piers and the beach, but when I've done charters, I've used a borrowed Penn Senator and Ugly Stick Rods.

For freshwater bass, I use primarily baitcasting reals, my two favorites are Shimano Calcutta's in the 100 size...Rods in the Medium to Medium Heavy Range...I have a smattering of Fenwick and Bass Pro Rods. I also use a Daiwa Pixy reel with a medium action rod for finesse stuff as I am not a real proficient user of spinning gear.

Trout fishing you will want a light action or ultra light action Spinning Rod. My trout rod is a Fenwick along with a mid range Shimano reel. I usually bait fish for Trout, but occasionally will throw a Mepps, Phoebe or Kastmaster.

I like Fenwick rods, Loomis is a bit rich for me.
[Reply]
loochy 07:46 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Trout fishing you will want a light action or ultra light action Spinning Rod. My trout rod is a Fenwick along with a mid range Shimano reel. I usually bait fish for Trout, but occasionally will throw a Mepps, Phoebe or Kastmaster.
Wait, you don't use an Ugly Stik with 30 lb test to throw 6 oz egg sinkers and 3/0 treble hooks with power bait? From observing behaviors of others, that seems to be the best way to take 45 ugly hatchery trout out of a tiny stream for dinner.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:32 AM 04-10-2019
I've caught billions and billions of fish but not one ****ing one tonight. :-)
Billions? 1-888-OVER-BAG :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:52 PM 04-10-2019

I live close to the dam on truman. What you want to know?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:45 PM 04-10-2019
I caught two Walleye Monday which was the first Walleye I've ever caught. I put minnows on two rods to troll behind the boat and got one that way and caught the other on a rooster tail jig. They made a great meal for last night.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:06 PM 04-10-2019
FISHING PERMITS MISSOURI
BUY PERMITS NOW >>

Filter Permits by Species

Species Specific Permit
You may need at least one general fishing permit as well.

Trout Permit
Notes:
This permit is required to possess trout, except in trout parks where you must purchase a daily trout fishing tag.

A Trout Permit is required for all winter fishing in trout parks and for all fishing year-round in Lake Taneycomo upstream from U.S. Highway 65 bridge.

You must also have a fishing permit or qualify for an exemption.

Resident:
$7.00

Nonresident:
$7.00

Youth (0-15):
$3.50
Valid During These Seasons
General Fishing Permits
You will need at least one of these permits to go fishing in Missouri, unless you qualify for an exemption.

Daily Fishing Permit
Limits:
Limits vary by species, season, and fishing area.

Notes:
For fish, frogs, mussels, clams, turtles, crayfish and live bait. May be purchased by residents and nonresidents for multiple days.

Resident:
$7.00

Nonresident:
$7.00

Allowed Methods
Fishing Permit
Limits:

Notes:
For fish, frogs, mussels, clams, turtles, crayfish, and live bait.

Resident:
$12.00

Nonresident:
$42.00

Allowed Methods

------

FUCK YOU KANSAS $30 fucking dollars for residents FUCK YOU!
[Reply]
loochy 07:42 AM 04-11-2019
FISHING PERMITS MISSOURI
BUY PERMITS NOW >>

Filter Permits by Species

Species Specific Permit
You may need at least one general fishing permit as well.

Trout Permit
Notes:
This permit is required to possess trout, except in trout parks where you must purchase a daily trout fishing tag.

A Trout Permit is required for all winter fishing in trout parks and for all fishing year-round in Lake Taneycomo upstream from U.S. Highway 65 bridge.

You must also have a fishing permit or qualify for an exemption.

Resident:
$7.00

Nonresident:
$7.00

Youth (0-15):
$3.50
General Fishing Permits
You will need at least one of these permits to go fishing in Missouri, unless you qualify for an exemption.

Daily Fishing Permit
Limits:

Notes:
For fish, frogs, mussels, clams, turtles, crayfish and live bait. May be purchased by residents and nonresidents for multiple days.

Resident:
$7.00

Nonresident:
$7.00

Allowed Methods
Fishing Permit
Limits:

Notes:
For fish, frogs, mussels, clams, turtles, crayfish, and live bait.

Resident:
$12.00

Nonresident:
$42.00

Allowed Methods

------

FUCK YOU KANSAS $30 fucking dollars for residents FUCK YOU!
:-) It's only once a year...you can do it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:24 PM 04-19-2019
Is it Crappie time yet?

I'm itchin to go but have been stuck remodeling a rental. end of next week I'm going whether I'm done or not.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:09 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Is it Crappie time yet?

I'm itchin to go but have been stuck remodeling a rental. end of next week I'm going whether I'm done or not.
I hope so. I'm heading to Truman next week. I think its close to the spawn, but not quite there.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:58 AM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I hope so. I'm heading to Truman next week. I think its close to the spawn, but not quite there.
Close
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:37 AM 04-20-2019
https://imgur.com/a/XMQxEZa
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:38 AM 04-20-2019
Everyone looking for my spot this morning
[Reply]
Page 163 of 221
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213 > Last »
Up