ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 221
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:19 AM 03-30-2019
Night fishing is my thing. Although i'd rather still be out there I did good catching two catfish that we will grill up for supper. It was raining and drizzling got soaked but had a good time and ready to get back out there tomorrow night but i want to get my kayak out there too Im just hoping it's not too nasty out supposed to freaking sleet or hail or fucking snow :-)

Feels good to catch fish work has been a bitch and I need to fish to cope with everything.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:45 AM 03-30-2019
Here's a great video on locating fish. One of the best I've seen. You can skip his intro to 3:00 to get to the important stuff but the intro is quite funny.

[Reply]
Easy 6 08:05 AM 03-30-2019
A cold front full of rain is blowing through here this weekend, no fishy fish for me :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:06 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
A cold front full of rain is blowing through here this weekend, no fishy fish for me :-)
Here too. We need the water to warm up a little still
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:17 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Here too. We need the water to warm up a little still
Yep, the temps have been cooler than average for this time of year

Gotta get the water over 50 for the real action to start
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:27 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yep, the temps have been cooler than average for this time of year

Gotta get the water over 50 for the real action to start
My FIL says 56 is the sweet spot.

But they caught a couple limits on the dock Thursday before the front rolled through
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:27 AM 03-30-2019
Bass were hitting hard in farm pond but BG's still slooooooowwww
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:27 AM 03-30-2019
snowing.....sucks
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:07 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
My FIL says 56 is the sweet spot.

But they caught a couple limits on the dock Thursday before the front rolled through

Was on Lake Meredith last week and water temp was 50-52. Found some 54 up in the shallows about 8 feet of water.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:27 PM 03-30-2019
Tried to get out yesterday, made about 7 casts before the northern wind and rain chaised me off.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:28 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
snowing.....sucks
Guess old man winter isn't done teabagging his crusty balls sack on us.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:14 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
snowing.....sucks
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Guess old man winter isn't done teabagging his crusty balls sack on us.
Doing the same thing here, what the hell?

Melts as soon as it hits the ground but still... :-)
[Reply]
TinyEvel 03:57 PM 04-02-2019
Hi friends. Finding myself between jobs I've decided that after I spend the morning managing my contacts and reaching out for work, I'm going to spend the rest of my day doing something I enjoy.

So... I just got my very first California fishing license and looking to gear up with new salt water and fresh water rigs. Not looking to break the bank, but willing to spend above the entry level to get a good value and equipment I can trust.

My fishing experience is intermediate. I plan to fish northern California lakes for bass and maybe trout, crappie. Whatever else is in these lakes.

Also going to buy a surfcasting rig to hang at the beach some twilight evenings.

Figure I'm willing to learn the finesse of using a spincast for the fresh water. What brands should I look into for reel and rod? Places to buy? I am not going to rely on Amazon reviews of anything. I learned my lesson there the hard way with the tinniest-sounding 5-star bookshelf speakers $150 can buy.

taking advice...
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:20 PM 04-02-2019
Wish I could help TE, but my most expensive rig is a $50 job... and literally no saltwater experience

Wish you much luck in your endeavor though, can't imagine how great fishing from some lonely beach must be... I'm sure someone who can help will be along soon
[Reply]
stumppy 04:56 PM 04-02-2019
This Pflueger is a nice combo for an ultra lite, and well worth the price IMO.

Both of my ultra lites are Pfluegers and are pretty good quality. Been using them for years.

Pflueger Trion Fishing Reel and Rod Combo $39.95

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[Reply]
Page 162 of 221
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212 > Last »
Up