ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 221
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:55 PM 03-09-2019
I relocated and transferred to osowatamy but now got to find me new fishing spots. I moved to Fort Scott.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:29 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I relocated and transferred to osowatamy but now got to find me new fishing spots. I moved to Fort Scott.
Scouting out new spots is one of my favorite things about fishing, just love finding those little used places that others don't even consider

I get soooooo bored going to the same places all the time

Been watching a ton of youtube guerrilla fishermen lately, they'll go to these weird places hidden in plain sight like a drainage pond behind Walmart that got flooded by a nearby creek a few years ago and got stocked that way

Or some tiny little ditch that holds water year round, and they'll come out of places like that having absolutely slayed them... I'm excited about getting creative like that this year
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:17 PM 03-09-2019
Before and After...last bag of this gag - stuffed w/crab...mmm...mmm
Attached: grouper jpeg.jpg (86.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:23 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Before and After...last bag of this gag - stuffed w/crab...mmm...mmm
Outstanding, what is it?
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:08 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Outstanding, what is it?
Gag Grouper. Caught last summer in the gulf out of apalachicola FL. We ended up with 100 lbs of fish to split between 6. My son won the pot with most caught on his 1st trip w/us.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 09:18 AM 03-10-2019
I'm heading out to 11 Mile Canyon this morning for some fly fishing.

[Reply]
stumppy 09:44 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:

Lucky bastard. :-)
I could just melt into that picture.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:45 AM 03-10-2019

Damn that’s sexy!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:28 PM 03-10-2019
That's too close to Bronco country. You could get an STD in that water!
[Reply]
colt459 02:42 PM 03-10-2019

That’s my old stomping grounds! Miss it so much. I use to work at the boyscout camp there. Hope you get some nice trout!
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 08:35 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by colt459:
That’s my old stomping grounds! Miss it so much. I use to work at the boyscout camp there. Hope you get some nice trout!
It was a good day. Not many fish, but the one I got in was a 20 inch rainbow. Caught him about a 1/2 mile up from the dam.

I'll sometimes fish the area that butts right against the Boy Scouts property. Some good little pools in there.

No picture of the fish, because i was up to my belly in the water, but this should do.

[Reply]
dlphg9 12:31 AM 03-11-2019
God damn that looks miserable lol. I never wanna see snow again.
[Reply]
Festus 03:38 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Damn nice. I've caught a lot of Northern but none that big. Was lucky enough to spend a spring, summer, and fall living in upstate Vermont with Lake Champlain as my backyard. Also spent a week in Ontario on Lac Seul catching the hell out of Northern and Walleye. JFC that walleye shore lunch was the best I ever had.
I'll defer to the experts , but I think that is a muskie or a hybrid?
[Reply]
stumppy 04:41 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Festus:
I'll defer to the experts , but I think that is a muskie or a hybrid?
Looking at it again, yea, I think you're right. Looks a bit too big bodied to be a Northern.
[Reply]
Festus 04:46 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Looking at it again, yea, I think you're right. Looks a bit too big bodied to be a Northern.
I was looking at the markings. I believe northerns to be more spots on the side. Muskies have more stripes like the picture shows. It's been a long time since I was fishing in Canada and back then I had never heard of tiger muskies, which I think are a northern/muskie cross?
[Reply]
Page 158 of 221
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208 > Last »
Up