ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 221
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:22 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
In for another storm brewing I can't leave cuz don't want risk getting stuck on muddy road and get hit by the storm.

This is going be fun & or really suck.
Hhr you said? Can't you flip down the rear seats? Or take those fuckers out and put them in the tent lol
[Reply]
loochy 12:35 PM 05-31-2018
So...

...does anyone else enjoy watching Darcizzle Offshore?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
stumppy 12:38 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
So...

...does anyone else enjoy watching Darcizzle Offshore?
Posted via Mobile Device
After checking it out you bet your ass I'll be watching her...uh...I mean the show.
[Reply]
loochy 12:44 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:
After checking it out you bet your ass I'll be watching her...uh...I mean the show.
Yeah, her channel is very...interesting.

Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:36 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Almost every fish I caught this weekend was within 2-3 feet of shore, they were apparently hiding in the shade of riprap... what was your topwater lure?
Don't know where your fishing, but Bass are late spawning here, so they are typically near the shore during spawn.
I fish with a fly rod and tie Frog patterns using deer hair. I goop them up with some floatant. Let this hit the water, then follow it by a tug so the bass fly dives under water then rises when it rest. I try to have the fly make a "Splooge" Noise on the dive, this seems to grab the Bass attention.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:50 AM 06-01-2018
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Don't know where your fishing, but Bass are late spawning here, so they are typically near the shore during spawn.
I fish with a fly rod and tie Frog patterns using deer hair. I goop them up with some floatant. Let this hit the water, then follow it by a tug so the bass fly dives under water then rises when it rest. I try to have the fly make a "Splooge" Noise on the dive, this seems to grab the Bass attention.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:10 PM 06-03-2018
Taking my kayak on the road New Mexico bound for some trout fishing.
[Reply]
loochy 08:56 PM 06-03-2018
Taking my kayak on the road New Mexico bound for some trout fishing.
Ooh where? Eagle Nest? Costilla? Small mountain lakes?
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:01 PM 06-03-2018
Ooh where? Eagle Nest? Costilla? Small mountain lakes?
Taos NM are you close by?
[Reply]
loochy 04:58 AM 06-04-2018
Taos NM are you close by?
My dad is from there so im very familiar with the area. I ask because there aren't a ton of kayak-ish waters around there aside from what I listed in my previous post.
[Reply]
OrvalCes 07:37 AM 06-04-2018
Out of curiosity, what brand and model of kayak do you guys have?
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:30 AM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by OrvalCes:
Out of curiosity, what brand and model of kayak do you guys have?
6 foot Adventure 102 by Future Beach

I love the darn thing best investment I ever made and cost $169 on sale at Dunham's Sports.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:33 AM 06-04-2018
My dad is from there so im very familiar with the area. I ask because there aren't a ton of kayak-ish waters around there aside from what I listed in my previous post.
I didn't know the area was so mountainous but its awesomeness. Il find a place my lady friend traveling RN is down here and knows some places. God I love her.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:41 AM 06-05-2018
Guess so much for Kayaking for this guy o.n this trip. Holy shit that was more than I bargained for. I underestimated the river and the rocks were assholes. So my kayak is against rocks and the current was too much for me to get in out that time

I was a human pinball in a pinball machine but at least I had fun but I conceded to the river and has to walk 3sh miles to the destination where my friend was waiting to pick me up.

Holy Shitballs that was nuts. Now I need a new kayak to do it again.
[Reply]
loochy 09:48 AM 06-05-2018
Guess so much for Kayaking for this guy o.n this trip. Holy shit that was more than I bargained for. I underestimated the river and the rocks were assholes. So my kayak is against rocks and the current was too much for me to get in out that time

I was a human pinball in a pinball machine but at least I had fun but I conceded to the river and has to walk 3sh miles to the destination where my friend was waiting to pick me up.

Holy Shitballs that was nuts. Now I need a new kayak to do it again.
:-), did you put it in Rio Grande? That river is much too treacherous in the "Box" for casual kayaking and they're still getting high water from snow melt. If you head way up north to the "Wild and Scenic Rivers" area near the Colorado border the water is smoother, but at this time of year that might be difficult too.

That's like inflatable rubber raft water, not kayak...
[Reply]
Page 149 of 221
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199 > Last »
Up