ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 167
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 08:39 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by cdcox:
FMB! and Inmen58 get the humanity awards for this week. Thanks to both of you.
Agreed. :-)

In 2013 I bought a new house and decided I didn't want any pets. I'm away too much and didn't think it would be fair to leave them home alone.

A year later, our crew was working next to some of those huge tanks you see at refineries. There were weeds everywhere and not really inhabitable by much more than bugs and maybe mice.

We kept hearing a faint squeak nearby. After a few minutes, this starved kitten crawled out of a gas pipe and came over begging for a bite of my co-workers lunch. The kitten was ribs and fur, had caked up eyes, and constantly sneezed. It was a sad sight. We guessed it to be 5-6 weeks old.

We went back to work and got to talking. Winter was a few weeks away and that kitten wasn't going to live. Especially, since the nearest house was over a mile away. We all agreed, we either let it starve/freeze to death or one of us put it down.

I lost out and grabbed the mini-sledge to put it down. I walked around trying to find it in the deep weeds. I finally found it and it looked like it was struggling to walk. I really felt sad for this kitten. I walked up to it, raised up the hammer....and poof....it got a burst of energy. It climbed up my pant leg, up the front of my shirt and sat on my shoulder. It stared me in the eye and said, "You're my human now. Take me home".

I climbed in the truck and none of my co-workers said a word for twenty miles. Finally, the biggest guy on the crew thanked me for taking it home. Since it lived in a gas pipe, I named her Piper.

She sneezed and farted for the first month I had her. Now, she's healthy, plays fetch, and wants to be in whatever room I'm in or hang out in the garage with me.
Attached: 13989692_10208369450011636_79053124_n.jpg (118.2 KB) piper.jpg (73.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:42 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by rockymtnchief:

In 2013 I bought a new house and decided I didn't want any pets. I'm away too much and didn't think it would be fair to leave them home alone.

A year later, our crew was working next to some of those huge tanks you see at refineries. There were weeds everywhere and not really inhabitable by much more than bugs and maybe mice.

We kept hearing a faint squeak nearby. After a few minutes, this starved kitten crawled out of a gas pipe and came over begging for a bite of my co-workers lunch. The kitten was ribs and fur, had caked up eyes, and constantly sneezed. It was a sad sight. We guessed it to be 5-6 weeks old.

We went back to work and got to talking. Winter was a few weeks away and that kitten wasn't going to live. Especially, since the nearest house was over a mile away. We all agreed, we either let it starve/freeze to death or one of us put it down.

I lost out and grabbed the mini-sledge to put it down. I walked around trying to find it in the deep weeds. I finally found it and it looked like it was struggling to walk. I really felt sad for this kitten. I walked up to it, raised up the hammer....and poof....it got a burst of energy. It climbed up my pant leg, up the front of my shirt and sat on my shoulder. It stared me in the eye and said, "You're my human now. Take me home".

I climbed in the truck and none of my co-workers said a word for twenty miles. Finally, the biggest guy on the crew thanked me for taking it home. Since it lived in a gas pipe, I named her Piper.

She sneezed and farted for the first month I had her. Now, she's healthy, plays fetch, and wants to be in whatever room I'm in or hang out in the garage with me.
That's an awesome story, man. I was afraid where it was going when you mentioned the mini-sledge. She doesn't look starving now!

Rep to you.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 09:08 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
That's an awesome story, man. I was afraid where it was going when you mentioned the mini-sledge. She doesn't look starving now!

Rep to you.
:-) Yeah, she's far from starved. She's very active (running and climbing), but she's spoiled with cat treats and salmon. She won't eat or beg for anything except salmon, peaches and salsa.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:12 AM 06-02-2017

That's fucking awesome, man.

My middle daughter (the oldest twin) wants a cat so fucking bad. We have three dogs right now. I told her that when the oldest dog is done (she's 13)....that she can have her cat.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:18 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
That's ****ing awesome, man.

My middle daughter (the oldest twin) wants a cat so ****ing bad. We have three dogs right now. I told her that when the oldest dog is done (she's 13)....that she can have her cat.
Cats are awesome. We have three and the giant dog. Do it again, 2 is the limit for cats, but I love kitties.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:22 AM 06-02-2017
Cats are awesome. We have three and the giant dog. Do it again, 2 is the limit for cats, but I love kitties.
She's the only one that wants a cat. My oldest and youngest both love dogs (along with my wife)....which is why we have three fucking dogs. She'll end up getting her cat though. It's pretty much a guarantee. I want to wait until she's a little bit older though so she can take care of it herself.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:28 AM 06-02-2017

Best news I've heard today...

Keep 'um coming folks...
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:28 AM 06-02-2017
She's the only one that wants a cat. My oldest and youngest both love dogs (along with my wife)....which is why we have three ****ing dogs. She'll end up getting her cat though. It's pretty much a guarantee. I want to wait until she's a little bit older though so she can take care of it herself.
It's entirely possible that cat will adopt someone else in the family. :-)

When my last cat died, we got two kittens. My wife picked out Murtaugh (black and white long hair) and I picked out Riggs (short haired tabby). Murtaugh adopted me, Riggs adopted her. The third, Marnie, will attach herself to whomever will pet her.

Still, cats are awesome. I like them better than dogs. Generally, though, pets rule.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:31 AM 06-02-2017
It's entirely possible that cat will adopt someone else in the family. :-)

When my last cat died, we got two kittens. My wife picked out Murtaugh (black and white long hair) and I picked out Riggs (short haired tabby). Murtaugh adopted me, Riggs adopted her. The third, Marnie, will attach herself to whomever will pet her.

Still, cats are awesome. I like them better than dogs. Generally, though, pets rule.
I told her that what I would do was take her by herself to pick out the cat. That way she got to hold all of them and see which one wanted to be with her. She wants the cat to sleep with her and follow her around everywhere.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 09:47 AM 06-02-2017
That's fucking awesome, man.

My middle daughter (the oldest twin) wants a cat so fucking bad. We have three dogs right now. I told her that when the oldest dog is done (she's 13)....that she can have her cat.
I definitely didn't want a cat. I contemplated getting another dog, but decided against it. Then Piper came along and I wouldn't change a thing. I'm pretty happy things turned out how they did.

Good luck with your future feline.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:22 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
FMBs situation is a bit more disheartening than mine. I found these little guys abandoned at a park on Monday. They were so malnourished and with the Cali heat they probably wouldn't have made this far. They literally felt like bones. They'll be going to a good home tomorrow.

Crazy cat lady starter kit.

Great job, Inmem.
[Reply]
In58men 05:50 PM 06-10-2017
We finally got to pick up our little guy. Welcome Bowser to Chiefs Planet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:54 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
We finally got to pick up our little guy. Welcome Bowser to Chiefs Planet

Nice looking pup. I thought this would be better for your needs though.

[Reply]
In58men 06:23 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Nice looking pup. I thought this would be better for your needs though.
It was between Bowser or Smokey.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:08 PM 06-10-2017
I'm so sad right now. A friend found this little guy in a storm drain right outside of work this afternoon. He wasn't moving and was crying. I took him to my vet, who believed he had been hit in the head, and was barely holding on for life. He suggested we put him to sleep. I stayed with him and cried like he'd been my pet for 10 years. I named him Monroe, because he shouldn't die with no name. RIP, little guy.

The world needs more people like you.

[Reply]
Page 105 of 167
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155 > Last »
Up