ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith announces retirement
-King- 09:57 AM 04-19-2021
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Elizabeth Smith (@lizbsmith11)

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:09 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I disagree..SF with 5 OC's in like five years made him overcautious.

Reid & Mahomes have nothing but respect for the guy.

Good enough for me.
Exactly.
[Reply]
eDave 09:18 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I disagree..SF with 5 OC's in like five years made him overcautious.

Reid & Mahomes have nothing but respect for the guy.

Good enough for me.
Boom.
[Reply]
sedated 09:18 PM 04-19-2021
In the list of KC QBs, Trent Green is undoubtedly above Alex Smith.

But Smith seems like a nice dude. Boring as shit - he said his favorite Thanksgiving food was turkey - and his play reflected it.

But gotta be a tough MF'r to go through everything he did.
[Reply]
eDave 09:20 PM 04-19-2021
Turkey is the wrong answer? Hogwash.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:00 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Eric Bienemy isnt under contract because Axle Smiff is gonna be our coordinator!-Shaggyshane-probably
I would love for Alex to be Quality Control for a year then be QB coach under Kafka next year.

Not gonna happen...but I wouldn't hate it.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:03 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
In the list of KC QBs, Trent Green is undoubtedly above Alex Smith.

But Smith seems like a nice dude. Boring as shit - he said his favorite Thanksgiving food was turkey - and his play reflected it.

But gotta be a tough MF'r to go through everything he did.
It wasn't Trent's fault, but he never won a single playoff game, with one of the best offenses and probably the single best offensive line ever.

At least Alex won a playoff game. We hadn't done that since 1993.

For that alone, he deserves our respect.

Godspeed.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 11:57 PM 04-19-2021
Trent Green also had Will Shields and Willie Roaf blocking for him.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:54 AM 04-20-2021
Smith has better stats as a Chief then Green. Smith got the Chiefs back to being relevant after being sick for years under Cassell, Huard, Croyle and the cast of shitty QBs. We owe Smith so much! Thank you Alex for being awesome at what you do!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:13 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
At some point for a long-time fan, 10-win seasons cease to be very meaningful.
Meaningless as they may have been, they were still infinitely more enjoyable than the 2-14 & 4-12 seasons.

I was never an Alex Smith fan. I didn't want to trade for him, and there were many times that his play on the field pissed me off. But, deep down, a part of me was happy that I wasn't watching Casshole, or Huard, or Tyler FN Palko.

What Alex Smith did in his last season with the Chiefs made me wonder what he could have been if Reid had been his head coach his entire career. In SF he was forced to go through a new head coaches, new offensive coordinators, and new offensive schemes almost every year of his career.

But, I am thankful for how he mentored Mahomes, and after last year, he absolutely has my respect. His perseverance and determination through his injury made me an Alex Smith fan, which was nearly as unlikely as his return to the NFL field.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bo James 03:34 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
So, Where does Alex Smith rank when it comes to KC Chiefs Qbs? Does it go
1.Mahomes
2.Dawson
3.Montana
4.Here is where I’m stuck so I’m going to go with Trent Green and Alex Smith tied for 4th. Did I leave anybody out?
Steve DeBerg. That broken finger and play action pass.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:03 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bo James:
The DeBerg years were fun. SD really had fun playing for the CHIEFS. Good memories.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:36 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Meaningless as they may have been, they were still infinitely more enjoyable than the 2-14 & 4-12 seasons.
Where is this crap coming from? I NEVER said I preferred 4-12 seasons, ever. Never even insinuated it. 4-12 seasons suck but at least you know there's no hope. All of those 10 win seasons and all they do is get your hopes up and then let you down. Fuck that.

To quote a wise man, "if you ain't first, you're last".

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I was never an Alex Smith fan. I didn't want to trade for him, and there were many times that his play on the field pissed me off. But, deep down, a part of me was happy that I wasn't watching Casshole, or Huard, or Tyler FN Palko.

What Alex Smith did in his last season with the Chiefs made me wonder what he could have been if Reid had been his head coach his entire career. In SF he was forced to go through a new head coaches, new offensive coordinators, and new offensive schemes almost every year of his career.

But, I am thankful for how he mentored Mahomes, and after last year, he absolutely has my respect. His perseverance and determination through his injury made me an Alex Smith fan, which was nearly as unlikely as his return to the NFL field.
I agree with all of this and I will add to it:

It isn't Alex Smith's fault he was the last in a long line of cast offs. I can't blame HIM for that. I blame the Chiefs, going all the way back to Steve DeBerg and Marty. It isn't Alex Smith's fault that the Chiefs had been taking on other people's unwanted QB's for 30+ years. But even though it wasn't his fault, he WAS the continuation of 3 decades of failure at the QB position and it was impossible to separate him from the situation. It was nauseating from the day they traded for him and his play on the field only made it worse because you could see how close they were if only he would let go and just play the damn game.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 05:38 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bo James:
Thank you. Was he wearing a splint around his hand during that play? I think I remember the play.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:15 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
Thank you. Was he wearing a splint around his hand during that play? I think I remember the play.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:22 AM 04-20-2021
Have fun playing with your kids.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up