Page 11 of 18
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Saints WR Michael Thomas is very sensitive
staylor26 06:29 PM 05-18-2020

All Parker did was answer the question
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:24 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Brees' entire point was about respecting the pain soldiers experienced seeing the flag and anthem presentation being disregarded. Your position is that the soldiers shouldn't be pained and should be gratified instead because protest is occurring. First off, that is policing the emotions of the soldiers in a manner your seem loathe to do to . . . other aggrieved entities. Second, if protest at solemn occasions is patriotism, then the purposes of the protest or the nature of the solemn occasion should not matter, . . . again according to your logic.
Kneeling, in no way, disrespects the flag or the anthem. Even you understand that.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:25 PM 06-03-2020

@drewbrees SMH. You represent New Orleans Louisiana. Don’t ever forget that! #Bottomofthemap

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) June 3, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 09:34 PM 06-03-2020
Nah, just done with you. My take is on this forum. In the esteemed words of your attention raisers, . . . educate yourself.
Lol at dodging the most simple, straightforward question. Shows your true colors - pure smarmy bad faith. When you know you can't win - bail.

I'll give you one more chance - why is kneeling disrespecting the flag and/or the troops - but "home of the CHIEFS" is not?

Should be super easy to poke holes in my argument, no?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:34 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Kneeling, in no way, disrespects the flag or the anthem. Even you understand that.
I had a debate with him back when the kneeling was going on. To Babs, the flag represents the police force lol

Imagine feeling that way.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:39 PM 06-03-2020

Not kneeling - still vilified.

Originally Posted by :
Smith and Carlos were largely ostracized by the US sporting establishment and they were subject to criticism. Time magazine on October 25, 1968, wrote: "'Faster, Higher, Stronger' is the motto of the Olympic Games. 'Angrier, nastier, uglier' better describes the scene in Mexico City last week."[18][19] Back home, both Smith and Carlos were subject to abuse and they and their families received death threats.[20] Brent Musburger, a writer for the Chicago American before rising to prominence at CBS Sports and ESPN, described Smith and Carlos as "a couple of black-skinned storm troopers" who were "ignoble," "juvenile," and "unimaginative."[21]
But hey, just takes 40 years for the public to come around.

Originally Posted by :
Smith and Carlos received an Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the 2008 ESPY Awards honoring their action.[27]

[Reply]
staylor26 09:44 PM 06-03-2020
This is a very reasonable response.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:49 PM 06-03-2020
But wearing a Castro shirt and pig socks was disrespectful and flat out hypocritical.

He’s a phony. His method of protest made no sense and distracted from his message. He never had anything of value to say. No real solutions.

Loser.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:50 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I had a debate with him back when the kneeling was going on. To Babs, the flag represents the police force lol

I can't imagine he's actually that stupid.

On a related note, it's interesting to see him post in the lounge. I think he spends most of his time on the DC side.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:51 PM 06-03-2020
Yeah he doesn't really like to engage on equal footing.

I think he's just waiting for this thread to get moved to DC where the toothless zombies like jaa can swarm and gum it to death.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:51 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But wearing a Castro shirt and pig socks was disrespectful and flat out hypocritical.

He’s a phony. He method of protest made no sense and distracted from his message. He never had anything of value to say. No real solutions.

Loser.
Yeah, I'm not going to defend either of those. But, that's him. A lot of players knelt without those things and were clearly not being disrespectful to the flag or anthem.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:52 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Are you mistaken, or are you lying? I have an educated guess.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:53 PM 06-03-2020
Yeah, I'm not going to defend either of those. But, that's him. A lot of players knelt without those things and were clearly not being disrespectful to the flag or anthem.
I have absolutely no problem with the kneeling.

Just think it didn’t make much sense and distracted from the issue which he also failed to ever really address or provide solutions too.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:55 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah he doesn't really like to engage on equal footing.

I think he's just waiting for this thread to get moved to DC where the toothless zombies like jaa can swarm and gum it to death.
This from the guy who welched on a pledge to leave, then went around the internet recruiting minions to brigade the forum.

All you want is war. If someone says something reasonable, you reinterpret it for something inflammatory or confrontational.

You personify so much that is wrong with the world.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:58 PM 06-03-2020
This from the guy who welched on a pledge to leave, then went around the internet recruiting minions to brigade the forum.

All you want is war. If someone says something reasonable, you reinterpret it for something inflammatory or confrontational.

You personify so much that is wrong with the world.
Dollars to donuts he supports ANTIFA if not an actual member.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:59 PM 06-03-2020
Kneeling, in no way, disrespects the flag or the anthem.
You go Karl Marx!!:-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 18
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up