ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1477 of 3903
« First < 47797713771427146714731474147514761477 147814791480148114871527157719772477 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:12 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
43 people got COVID in a retirement home, 39 of them were placed on hydroxychlorquine, since then none have died and the majority has fully recovered.

Considering what we have seen in other retirement communities, this would look promising right?
It was 56, not 43.

What was the dosage and frequency?
What underlying comorbidities did the group have?
How severe was their illness?
What other treatments were offered?
What happened to the other 17 patients?
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:12 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I

I saw some here last year for the first time in my life I think they are defecting. I think the nest is near cottage eggs any good?
We have quite a few around here.

I’m not sure about Canadian laws but I wouldn’t fuck with their eggs or nests in the us. We lost a nest after a storm and the conservation dept closed the area off and removed all signs of it
[Reply]
Monticore 11:13 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Systemic corticosteroids have a lot of side effects, especially if taken for more than one week.

Adrenal suppression, agitation, insomnia, increased hunger, increased blood sugar, immune suppression, among others.
I felt great and had enough energy to clean my house 12 hrs a day lol, thankfully I wasn't on them very long because I could not sleep.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:13 AM 04-17-2020
It was 56, not 43.

What was the dosage and frequency?
What underlying comorbidities did the group have?
How severe was their illness?
What other treatments were offered?
What happened to the other 17 patients?
Great questions answer them and get back to me.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:13 AM 04-17-2020
Systemic corticosteroids have a lot of side effects, especially if taken for more than one week.

Adrenal suppression, agitation, insomnia, increased hunger, increased blood sugar, immune suppression, among others.
I knew about 4 of them, but not the others, thanks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:13 AM 04-17-2020
Really, how so? When I have taken it, it has worked great, with no long term after effects. When I have taken it, it has been for a wicked case of bronchitis.
I had to take it for 8 months straight and on Christmas Eve 1992, ended up in the hospital in which they pumped Benedryl and Prednisone directly into my veins because my body was covered in hives and I could barely move.

Once it went away (which happened a few months after I moved to Los Angeles - go figure!), I just didn't feel like myself. I felt weak and dizzy and lost a lot of muscle mass.

It took a few years to get back to normal, so I've avoided it since.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:14 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's death by a million paper cuts.... people who have to point out if something is political (and many times are wrong, or it's so subtle that it doesn't really matter), those who inadvertently post something that could be taken in a political light (such as a non-political statement from a politician, then see the first group of people), people who are obsessed with politics but their comments are so thinly-veiled it's more eye-roll inducing than anything (then see the first group of people again).

I really think it's the discussion about those groups of people that are killing the thread far more than the actual posts... I've seen very few blatantly political posts this week, and even then only a couple discussions that were DC-like.

It's the theory of "if everyone would ignore BlackBob, he'd just go away", because the alternative is to kick out at least a couple of the most active people in this thread...... not that I'm against Daface's idea, though.

Glad you're finally well on the road to recovery.
This thread is more suited towards reading instead of posting.

Better to listen to everyone else speak before even attempting to form an opinion. It's an opportunity to be educated.

The problem really isn't so much the people, rather that politics in general has infiltrated to much of our daily lives and is ever increasingly present. JMO

Separating the two shouldn't be hard, yet here we are.

And dittos for OTWP
[Reply]
TLO 11:15 AM 04-17-2020
It's not 347 out of the total population that age, it's 347 out of the total population that age infected with COVID, and you know it.

I'd be interested to know how many people that age died of flu on average each season.
I'd like to know how many people were infected in that age range too.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:15 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I felt great and had enough energy to clean my house 12 hrs a day lol, thankfully I wasn't on them very long because I could not sleep.
I have to take dexamethasone for four days after each chemo infusion. I'm ravenous and my sleep is awful. I hate taking it.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:15 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, the Chevron down the street from me is at $3.39 a gallon

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Yeah you guys get horsed on gas prices over there.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:15 AM 04-17-2020

Yeah, the agitation thing really hit me hard. I'd get dizzy and really agitated, so much so that I'd need to go outside in the 20 degree weather, without a coat or jacket, to try to walk it off.

I know that it can be a miracle drug for some but wow, the side effects were brutal.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:16 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
That's inherently political, and you know it.
Only because you want it to be, and you know it.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:16 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I had to take it for 8 months straight and on Christmas Eve 1992, ended up in the hospital in which they pumped Benedryl and Prednisone directly into my veins because my body was covered in hives and I could barely move.

Once it went away (which happened a few months after I moved to Los Angeles - go figure!), I just didn't feel like myself. I felt weak and dizzy and lost a lot of muscle mass.

It took a few years to get back to normal, so I've avoided it since.
Did they wean you off slowly?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:17 AM 04-17-2020

Yeah, we'll never see low gas prices but in all seriousness, $3.39 is much better than it was just a few weeks ago when it was $4.79.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:18 AM 04-17-2020
$1.50 here
[Reply]
Page 1477 of 3903
« First < 47797713771427146714731474147514761477 147814791480148114871527157719772477 > Last »
Up