ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1377 of 3903
« First < 37787712771327136713731374137513761377 137813791380138113871427147718772377 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 11:52 AM 04-14-2020
https://mobile.twitter.com/KlausKblo...44033272938496
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:56 AM 04-14-2020
LIGHT EM UP FELLAS!
[Reply]
Mecca 11:57 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
https://mobile.twitter.com/KlausKblo...44033272938496
Welp I guess smokem if you gotem, for the first time in life a smoker can say it helped them.
[Reply]
loochy 11:58 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

And there was nothing documented by any legitimate source that said it was working to reduce viral duplication.

It was just an agenda.

Put it together (these studies are not at all new, BTW):

https://www.ncbi.:-).nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4182877/

https://www.ncbi.:-).nih.gov/pubmed/21079686

These are why I was hopeful, not because of anything Trump said. And I can't understand the people that are rooting against it because of anything Trump said. The science is (and has been) there that it should make a difference in these types of viruses.

Edit: I don't know why CP is automatically putting those little middle finger things in the middle of the links. I did not do that.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:58 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
LIGHT EM UP FELLAS!
I wish I could find the "bad Idea Jeans" snl skit to embed right about now.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:00 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
LIGHT EM UP FELLAS!
It fucking hurts to walk up a flight of steps, can't imagine sucking on a cancer stick.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:03 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I don't. I want an effective vaccine to be released as quickly as possible. But at the same time I am going to realistic about it.
You're probably going to have to wait years for a vaccine. Therapies are the way out for our country, sorry to say.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:03 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
I was under the impression that Hydroxy was best if administered early, why wait until they are hospitalized? The whole point of the treatment is to prevent hospitalization and overwhelming the system.

The french study clearly indicated early ingestion, I think...I'm no expert though.

I would not draw any conclusions from a study that was open-label, non-randomized, did not meet power, had a significant proportion of the patients presenting as asymptomatic, lost almost 25 percent of the intervention patients to follow-up, used a test with a known high false negative rate, and had a grand total of 42 patients.

There is absolutely nothing you could glean from that study.

Originally Posted by loochy:
It would make sense, as part of it's mechanism of action is to act as an ionophore to allow zinc to enter the cell and disrupt the virus' reproduction
There are numerous potential theories for the MOA of hydroxychloroquine. It could be that it helps because it acts as an ionophore; it could be that it helps due to immunomodulatory effects; it could be that the raising of intracellular pH affects glycosylation and viral entry; it could also be that none of these are effective.

The one thing we know for sure is that there isn't yet enough data to make any kind of definitive judgment on its efficacy or lack thereof.

However, if one has followed the course of the epidemic and is also cognizant of how it has been prescribed and used, you can probably trend toward it having a minimal impact on patients, if any.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:04 PM 04-14-2020
So maybe a "well, that sucks" would be better than an "I told you so"?
I never once said I told you so. I was merely being humorous about ppl acting like this was a miracle drug when if you did some actual research you'd know odds of that being true were slim to none.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:07 PM 04-14-2020

These are why I was hopeful, not because of anything Trump said. And I can't understand the people that are rooting against it because of anything Trump said. The science is (and has been) there that it should make a difference in these types of viruses.

Edit: I don't know why CP is automatically putting those little middle finger things in the middle of the links. I did not do that.
1) N-L-M makes the middle finger emoji

2) In vitro is not in vivo.

If you guys learn anything from this mess, please learn that. In vitro is not in vivo. There are numerous agents that can kill this and any other virus in vitro. It does not mean it works in human studies. There is a reason why for every 5000 small molecules tried one is FDA approved.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:08 PM 04-14-2020

I think if people hear there is a "cure" they might not be as likely comply with social distancing , nobody is rooting against it but jumping the gun can also be damaging.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:09 PM 04-14-2020
Prepping for covid...

[Reply]
Monticore 12:09 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
1) N-L-M makes the middle finger emoji

2) In vitro is not in vivo.

If you guys learn anything from this mess, please learn that. In vitro is not in vivo. There are numerous agents that can kill this and any other virus in vitro. It does not mean it works in human studies. There is a reason why for every 5000 small molecules tried one is FDA approved.
Some even get pulled years later after being approved.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:11 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
The leadership in our school is outstanding. They will call the kid and parents when work doesn't get turned in.

The local cell and internet provider stepped up to the plate and installed free internet in every kid's house that doesn't have it for FREE.

Gotta love small communities that have their shit together.

In contrast, the large cities around us have a very good plan installed, but the students and parents aren't stepping up the plate. It's just a huge contrast in culture and accountability.
Our school district(2nd largest in Florida) gave the kids free broadband and a tablet.

Originally Posted by stumppy:
Same deal here. 3 kids doing their work, 1 lying through her teeth about having it all done.
So far the teachers have been really good about staying in touch.
My wife is a teacher. They are using Microsoft teams. I showed her how she can track how much her kids are not just online but what they worked on, how busy they were etc. Its just a setting you turn on. No tech skills needed. Simple interface to view the data.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:13 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Our school district(2nd largest in Florida) gave the kids free broadband and a tablet.

My wife is a teacher. They are using Microsoft teams. I showed her how she can track how much her kids are not just online but what they worked on, how busy they were etc. Its just a setting you turn on. No tech skills needed. Simple interface to view the data.
If the kids find out , you are getting a flaming bag of turds on your doorstep. #snitchesgetstiches
[Reply]
Page 1377 of 3903
« First < 37787712771327136713731374137513761377 137813791380138113871427147718772377 > Last »
Up