ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1078 of 3903
« First < 785789781028106810741075107610771078 107910801081108210881128117815782078 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 12:02 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
This is a post I made in DC about H1N1 vs Covid-19. Selfishly I'm going to repost it for visibility, as we are talking about how it's not widespread yet. The interesting thing is how under-reported deaths and cases were of H1N1 by WHO and the CDC
The initial report was 20k deaths by the WHO, now we think it was 200k plus.
USA reported 4k deaths in the first 6 months of the virus.

That's not even comparable.*
The first H1N1 case was April 15th. Keep in mind that this disease was first found in the USA, not another country.*

By June 19th ( 2 months later), there were cases in 50 states
Towards the end of June we had 1 million US cases estimated.*

In October H1N1 resurged, and the CDC issued a report estimating 4000 people had died by that point in the USA

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/estimate...October_17.htm

Report showing 4k deaths.*

WHO stated the pandemic ended August of that next year (16 months total),*

The WHO official tally was 19k deaths across the country, but more recent analysis estimates it was 200k or more

https://journals.plos.org/plosmedici...l.pmed.1001558
Initial CDC data suggested 4k swine flu deaths in the USA in 6 months.

Much later they estimated that it was significantly more deadly.
[Reply]
Donger 12:02 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I would disagree because it is going down the same hatch once the inside of compromised.

stalemate?
I was fine with this:

I agree it can prevent , when used properly.
[Reply]
AustinChief 12:02 PM 04-03-2020
You said that the death rate for people under 40 was the same as the flu (you didn't specify that you were referring to a bad flu season) which isn't true.
That was a TOTALLY DIFFERENT POST FROM TWO FUCKING DAYS AGO. That is not what Hamas was replying to. AT ALL. How many times does this need to be pointed out.

And yes the death rate for those <40 (according to that report) is damn close to .1%, like I said it may be as high as .12% but I'd have to check since it isn't broken down like that. <60 is .145% so it stands to reason that it is pretty close to .1% for <40.

Then you changed the age to 50 and specified "bad flu" which still isn't true, and isn't what the article said.
I didn't "change" anything. It was a completely separate post 2 days later. I used the age of 50 in my new post because that fit more of the workforce and I sad BAD FLU to adjust for the increased fatality percentages, but fuck it, the report estimated <60 at .145%, we can just roll with that. So are you saying no bad flu season can ever hit .145%? That my post is fantasy land?
[Reply]
Monticore 12:03 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It killed 500,000+ worldwide, but didn’t require “social distancing” apparently.
hypotethical

if you have virus with CFR of 0 , but if the R0 is 4 and the hospitalization is 80% across all ages and people leave the hospital but require home oxygen for life in 35% of the cases.

would you look at the CFR of 0% and say we good.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:05 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I was fine with this:

I agree it can prevent , when used properly.
You mean I got to have the last word, man I should have taken it when I had the chance .:-)
[Reply]
SupDock 12:06 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
That was a TOTALLY DIFFERENT POST FROM TWO FUCKING DAYS AGO. That is not what Hamas was replying to. AT ALL. How many times does this need to be pointed out.

And yes the death rate for those <40 (according to that report) is damn close to .1%, like I said it may be as high as .12% but I'd have to check since it isn't broken down like that. <60 is .145% so it stands to reason that it is pretty close to .1% for <40.

I didn't "change" anything. It was a completely separate post 2 days later. I used the age of 50 in my new post because that fit more of the workforce and I sad BAD FLU to adjust for the increased fatality percentages, but fuck it, the report estimated <60 at .145%, we can just roll with that. So are you saying no bad flu season can ever hit .145%? That my post is fantasy land?
At this point, I don't know what the fuck you are saying at all.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:06 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Right. We equaled that in March, and April looks to be dramatically higher.
Even if COVID-19 is more contagious/deadly than the Swine Flu pandemic is it more severe enough to justify the dramatically different approach in mitigation strategy between the two pandemics?

Other than isolated school closings and a few summer camp closings, there was minimal societal impact with the Swine Flu pandemic, compared to the total shutdown of society/economy with COVID-19.

Seems like there should be a middle ground mitigation strategy.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:11 PM 04-03-2020
Even if COVID-19 is more contagious/deadly than the Swine Flu pandemic is it more severe enough to justify the dramatically different approach in mitigation strategy between the two pandemics?

Other than isolated school closings and a few summer camp closings, there was minimal societal impact with the Swine Flu pandemic, compared to the total shutdown of society/economy with COVID-19.

All I know is that the people who study these things for a living tell us that doing nothing will result in millions of people dead (and I don't care at all about what numbers random guys on the internet with a calculator say). The countries that tried to go without restrictions at first quickly reversed their strategy, which is also telling.
[Reply]
Donger 12:13 PM 04-03-2020

Do you understand the difference between a CFR of 0.02% and 2%?
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:14 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
What the hell is going on in here?
EVERYBODY IS KUNG FOO FIGHTING

Dedudedededede
[Reply]
BWillie 12:16 PM 04-03-2020
If you were wondering why there were so many people NOT in critical care a week ago. You should have your answer. Critical patients and amt of deaths obviously will lag. Just a week ago there was about 1,200 in critical. Now, almost 6,000.

I think it's hard to fathom an outcome where at least 100,000 Americans DONT die from Covid-19.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:17 PM 04-03-2020
I spent nearly an hour waiting in line outside to enter a local grocery store this morning because of the county's new mandate that all grocery stores must reduce their normal capacity by 50% (to encourage social distancing).

So this created a long line of people outside practicing less social distancing than if they were already inside of the store (where there are social distancing markers/indicators).

Not to mention the "normal" store capacity is created by the fire marshal with the premise of promoting safe distances.

And also two elderly people and a person with diabetes who were waiting in the long line required medical attention from the heat/sun exposure. Ironically the same category of people most at risk from Coronarivus, are also at risk from the supposed social distancing measures to curtail the virus' spread.

A supposed "cure" being worse than the public health threat... Exhibit A.
Publix around here is only letting customers 65+ and or with disabilities in the stores 7:00-8:00 am on Tuesdays and Wensdays.
[Reply]
Donger 12:18 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If you were wondering why there were so many people NOT in critical care a week ago. You should have your answer. Critical patients and amt of deaths obviously will lag. Just a week ago there was about 1,200 in critical. Now, almost 6,000.

I think it's hard to fathom an outcome where at least 100,000 Americans DONT die from Covid-19.
I'm still hopeful that we won't get to that figure.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:19 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
EVERYBODY IS KUNG FOO FIGHTING

Dedudedededede
Those arguments started fast as lightning!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:20 PM 04-03-2020
Beware, urgent warning!!

[Reply]
Page 1078 of 3903
« First < 785789781028106810741075107610771078 107910801081108210881128117815782078 > Last »
Up