ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 610 of 791
« First < 110510560600606607608609610 611612613614620660710 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:46 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
The AFC is down right now, too. It’s us and the Pats, and soon the Colts. We just need to be one play better than last season.
Ruh?

I'd give more credence to the Browns coming up, and I don't give that much credence.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:52 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Ruh?

I'd give more credence to the Browns coming up, and I don't give that much credence.
Ah yeah, overlooked them. But my point is the same.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:56 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I mean clearly I want to set us up for long term success. But I don’t want to miss this immediate window, either.
I’m willing to give Veach some time, here. I could easily see him pullng a trade for some immediate defensive help, or aggresively moving up. If there are no other additions at all come August, yeah, I’d give more credence to your point.

Still wait and see for me.

Also, if you wanna talk about pussyfooting, the Colts had fort knox in cap spce and barely did anything. Funchess and an aging Houston? Big meh.
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 08:59 PM 03-21-2019
Ruh?

I'd still give the Colts a better chance of facing the Raiders in AFCCG than the Browns. Time will tell tho.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:00 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
I'd still give the Colts a better chance of facing the Raiders in AFCCG than the Browns. Time will tell tho.
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Mulliganman 09:03 PM 03-21-2019
Oh you poor soul...
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:04 PM 03-21-2019
Ruh?

Yep.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:08 PM 03-21-2019
That's so cute. Go back to the kiddie table and we'll bring you some pumpkin pie, sweetie!
[Reply]
-King- 10:22 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
I'd rather roll that cap over than end up with more mistake contracts.
We don't have to give players long big contracts. It's not like the Rams did.
[Reply]
-King- 10:25 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Exactly. I'd rather set up to compete for the next 15 years than go all in for the next year or two and stunt our growth.
There's no such thing as "setting up to win for the next 15 years". How do you even do that?

How about we take advantage of a all pro QB on a rookie deal and try to put as much talent around him for as long as we have that advantage.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:26 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
There's no such thing as "setting up to win for the next 15 years". How do you even do that?

How about we take advantage of a all pro QB on a rookie deal and try to put as much talent around him for as long as we have that advantage.
Yip
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:

Yep.

I said it several times around the trade deadline when people kept saying "we gotta build a dynasty, don't mortgage the future" before the Chiefs had even WON A PLAYOFF GAME.

Talk about cart before the horse...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:32 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

I said it several times around the trade deadline when people kept saying "we gotta build a dynasty, don't mortgage the future" before the Chiefs had even WON A PLAYOFF GAME.

Talk about cart before the horse...

what you do is-you don't put yourself in cap hell, you build smart, you turnover the roster from the bottom up, you draft well, you sign a couple of expensive guys but mostly you look for good $/performance ratio players. You build a solid team around Mahomes.

You don't mortgage '20 and '21 for a one year window.

A decent defense and Mahomes goes 15-1 and wins a SB. You don't need to sign a bunch of big name-super expensive guys to field a decent defense.

Just relax. We'll be fine. We'll be better than fine.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:26 AM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
what you do is-you don't put yourself in cap hell, you build smart, you turnover the roster from the bottom up, you draft well, you sign a couple of expensive guys but mostly you look for good $/performance ratio players. You build a solid team around Mahomes.

You don't mortgage '20 and '21 for a one year window.

A decent defense and Mahomes goes 15-1 and wins a SB. You don't need to sign a bunch of big name-super expensive guys to field a decent defense.

Just relax. We'll be fine. We'll be better than fine.
Yes, yes we will.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 06:38 AM 03-22-2019
I really don’t see the chiefs moving up in the draft.

I don’t think they have enough picks to fill all the holes. They need to draft starters on around 4-5 picks just on defense alone. Plus, another 4-5 picks on offense. Not drafting backups, or sit for a year, but starters. There is just too many.

CB, S, LB’s, DL

C, OL, WR, RB, TE

They have to plan either a lot of FA’s after June 1, or a trade or two for next year picks to help with the draft.
[Reply]
Page 610 of 791
« First < 110510560600606607608609610 611612613614620660710 > Last »
Up