ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 460 of 791
« First < 360410450456457458459460 461462463464470510560 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:03 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's unfortunate.

Williams is low-key good. He'll be a nice fit for them opposite of Brown.

Not sure who Carr's gonna blame at this point...
Yup. Good signing by the Raiders.

I honestly thought he was a perfect match for the Colts, but they went Funchess.

IMO, this guy is better than Funchess.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:04 PM 03-13-2019
Tanoh shouldn’t even be starting. There is a reason why he hasn’t seen the field
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:04 PM 03-13-2019
I don’t think Carr is ever gonna be really good, but if Gruden can keep that ship on line, their offense could be formidable
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:05 PM 03-13-2019
If the Raiders draft a marquee RB and TE, or even re-sign Cook, all of a sudden they're loaded up on offense.

And if i'm Gruden, i dump Carr for Murray.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:05 PM 03-13-2019
Ya’ll wanna talk about sitting on your ass? Everyone was raving about the Colts and their 100M in cap space and they haven’t done shit
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:05 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If the Raiders draft a marquee RB and TE, or even re-sign Cook, all of a sudden they're loaded up on offense.

AZ will grab Murray
[Reply]
booger 12:05 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If we pay Ramsey where is this money coming from? Mahomes or Hill gonna take a hometown discount?
It’s gonna be a trick like how the krafts launder money through Kraft cheese and macaroni corporation to Brady for the second part of his contract to avoid the super high cap charge. Same thing with Mahomes KC and Hunt family ketchup. I swear some of you guys just don’t pay close enough attention
[Reply]
SupDock 03-13-2019, 12:05 PM
This message has been deleted by SupDock. Reason: Repost
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:06 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
Ya’ll wanna talk about sitting on your ass? Everyone was raving about the Colts and their 100M in cap space and they haven’t done shit
But it was reported they weren’t really gonna do anything in Free Agency. We need a damn defense
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:06 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We better find a DB.
How much do you want to pay Bryce Callahan?

Or are you looking to keep Fuller inside full-time?

Because Ward's a boundary corner; that's how he's built, that's his style. And I personally think Fuller is wasted as a full-time NCB, though I understand putting him there in nickel formations.

So do you want to try to save a few bucks but overpay relative to the position (Callahan) and get a guy who can kick Fuller out wide on a full-time basis? Or do you want to take a risk on someone like Darby, put Darby and Fuller out wide in your base and then kick Fuller inside with Ward taking the boundary in Nickel?

The upshot on the Darby risk is that if it goes sideways, you still have plan B of Fuller/Ward out wide with Matthieu manning the slot in Nickel packages if needed. It's not ideal, but it's viable if Darby can't shake the injury rust off immediately.

I dunno - I believe in Ward and I think we have 3 picks early enough that at least one of them should end up a DB that can stick. I don't see nearly the immediate need at CB that I do on the defensive line or even at linebacker. We still don't know who the SLB or even the MLB are gonna be. Shit, even the weakside is a bit of a wild-guess at this point. I suspect it will be Hitchens with DoD taking the gig in sub-packages and Hitchens moving inside.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:06 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
It looks like we’re accumulating as many picks as possible so we can get multiple positions on rookie contracts for the future

Hope we’re going to use picks for a trade though. It would be nice.
I'm sure that's part of it.

That's why the Ford trade sucked. We need the compensation to be picks THIS year. A pick NEXT year is fall less enticing to a team that's looking to trade a rookie contract player.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:07 PM 03-13-2019
The highest paid CB is at 15m per.

I’d gladly give up the Peters and Ford seconds for Ramsey and give him a 10% bump over the largest CB deal in history to get him on this defense.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:09 PM 03-13-2019

That's why the Ford trade sucked. We need the compensation to be picks THIS year. A pick NEXT year is fall less enticing to a team that's looking to trade a rookie contract player.
I don’t think Ramsey will take less than $20M per.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:10 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I dunno - I believe in Ward and I think we have 3 picks early enough that at least one of them should end up a DB that can stick. I don't see nearly the immediate need at CB that I do on the defensive line.
I agree with you on Ward, and i also agree that we can see a pick used on a DB. But fuck man, look at that front 7. It's brutally bad.

I believe the Chiefs will invest heavily in the front 7 during the draft, and likely look to land a blue chip DE to play opposite Speaks.

We needed Ford's trade compensation to consist of 2nd/3rd round picks THIS year. Then we could flip a combination of picks to score a corner, and still have draft ammo to get a blue chip DE.

Now we have to choose one or the other.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:10 PM 03-13-2019

Yeah there's a chance that would implode in spectacular fashion on them.

And there's a chance they'd immediately be terrifyingly effective.

I'd far prefer they shoot for the middle and take someone like Allen while committing to Carr. Sure, the Murray thing might lead them further into the shitter, but they're already near rock bottom so who cares? Meanwhile if Murray hits, it could put them within shouting distance of us going forward and that's no bueno.

I hope Gruden doesn't have the balls to take that risk.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:11 PM 03-13-2019

The pick we got for Ford has to be packaged with a pick this year for any team to get value from losing that player. Veach messed up there because as it sits, we have nothing to show for trading Ford this year except for what we saved by not franchising him.
[Reply]
Page 460 of 791
« First < 360410450456457458459460 461462463464470510560 > Last »
Up