ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 235 of 341
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285335 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:40 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I wish you could move to an area where there are more like-minded people, Fraz. I couldn't stand living where you do. Fuck that shit.
Ditto... love to visit the cities, always glad to get back home
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:30 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
If Biden wins and they get the house and the senate, it will get as bad, or worse than Sandy hook. It's best to hedge your bets, while you still can.

With that said, it's not close to that, yet. Yesterdays event, along with all the online rhetoric about riots etc, could change that very quickly.
I’ve stopped trying to decide what’s going to happen. In February if you’d told me 2020 happened I’d have probably laughed you out of the building.

Objectively I’d like to think all the first time gun buyers would NOT vote for the guy that said he’s coming after your guns, but I’d hate to bet.

And accordingly I’d think with all their base now buying guns, I’d think they’d pivot on their agenda. Lord knows they’ll say whatever. But I’d hate to bet.

Thus ends my DC talk.

All that being said, I’m trying to get some ammo bought and bought a gun I want that’s likely to be outlawed if they get their way.

It won’t be enough if shit really gets real buts I’m doing it.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:55 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
We will find out in about 3 months. I'm not worried, but I took my own advice after Sandy Hook settled down . I also live in BFE Kansas instead of Shitcago, so I understand where your angst and my calmness comes from.

I wish you could move to an area where there are more like-minded people, Fraz. I couldn't stand living where you do. Fuck that shit.
I'm not in Chicago; I abandoned that shithole years ago. I'm over 30 miles from downtown, and at least a couple of miles from any area that would be an immediate target of local agitators. Should have plenty of warning if/when shit starts heading in my direction.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:02 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
ATTN: I've never been in this store, but know a couple guys that have, so it really exists.

I know nothing about this manufacturer, but from the description it feels like a local start-up trying to cash in on the pandemic. But apparently they have this rifle on the shelf. Since most AR manufacturers get most of their barrels, small parts from one of about 3 parts makers, it shouldn't really make a difference. But I doubt you'll find any AR for this price, so it might be time to take one for the team:

https://www.ammoaz.com/rifles/semi-a...-rifle-3225778
Umm, as a n00b, I feel like this is a deal I can't NOT do?

[Reply]
Frazod 05:12 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Umm, as a n00b, I feel like this is a deal I can't NOT do?

Do it.

And start looking for ammo now.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:13 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Do it.

And start looking for ammo now.
I think I fucking well might.....
[Reply]
Frazod 05:14 PM 09-19-2020
I think I fucking well might.....
Stop thinking. Start doing.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:24 PM 09-19-2020
Pew Pew Tactical is a fan of Radical, for what that's worth -

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/revie...irearms-upper/
[Reply]
Bowser 05:27 PM 09-19-2020
Another n00b question - since it's out of state with no real opportunity for me to go pick it up from AZ, do I just pick a local gun shop for them to ship it to, then notify that shop something is on the way for me to pick up? How does that work, exactly?

And yes, I'm in on on buying this rifle.
[Reply]
Bwana 05:29 PM 09-19-2020
I think I ****ing well might.....

Yeah get on that before they sell out and they WILL sell out.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:31 PM 09-19-2020
This. All day long.

I managed to land a bit of 10mm ammo from my favorite 10mm ammo maker a couple of weeks ago. They showed two boxes left of a particular HP that I have bought before and immediately added them to my cart. Picked up two boxes of hard cast “ bear defense” (even with quotation marks I still feel the need to be more specific and say that those are not the actual words of the manufacture) rounds while I had the opportunity. A bit heavy for normal KC days but, I live in an area that is at best questionable (which sucks because it is a great historical area).

Any way, the point was (as much as I hate to encourage the demand), you see an opportunity jump on it. One of these days there will be no rebound.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:31 PM 09-19-2020
Another n00b question - since it's out of state with no real opportunity for me to go pick it up from AZ, do I just pick a local gun shop for them to ship it to, then notify that shop something is on the way for me to pick up? How does that work, exactly?

Check on local FFLs, then check with the seller to see which of the local FFLs they ship to.
[Reply]
Bwana 05:37 PM 09-19-2020

Yeah you have to ship it to someone with an FFL. Keep in mind, not all gun shops will accept guns on a deal like that, for example, the local Cabela's wont do it, so have it all set up in advance. The seller will also need of copy of the FFL license on the other end before shipping. You FFL shop will also charge you a fee to receive it and do the paperwork and that varies greatly. It pays to make a few calls in your area.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:39 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
This. All day long.

I managed to land a bit of 10mm ammo from my favorite 10mm ammo maker a couple of weeks ago. They showed two boxes left of a particular HP that I have bought before and immediately added them to my cart. Picked up two boxes of hard cast “ bear defense” (even with quotation marks I still feel the need to be more specific and say that those are not the actual words of the manufacture) rounds while I had the opportunity. A bit heavy for normal KC days but, I live in an area that is at best questionable (which sucks because it is a great historical area).

Any way, the point was (as much as I hate to encourage the demand), you see an opportunity jump on it. One of these days there will be no rebound.
One of my friends up here has never owned a gun before. He's conservative, and he agrees with my stance on things pretty much 100%. He always agrees that he SHOULD get a gun, but he just talks about doing it, and talks about doing it, and talks about doing it some more, and never actually does it. Of course, in Illinois you have to get a FOID first; now the backlog is so long that it takes months to get one. And he hasn't even done that. Now it's probably too late.

There's only so much you can do.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:48 PM 09-19-2020
Check on local FFLs, then check with the seller to see which of the local FFLs they ship to.
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah you have to ship it to someone with an FFL. Keep in mind, not all gun shops will accept guns on a deal like that, for example, the local Cabela's wont do it, so have it all set up in advance. The seller will also need of copy of the FFL license on the other end before shipping. You FFL shop will also charge you a fee to receive it and do the paperwork and that varies greatly. It pays to make a few calls in your area.
Thanks. All the local shops around me are closed now, of course, but Cabela's does it, but also of course they're in KS while I'm in MO, so I'm thinking that doesn't help me at all.

Nobody picked up when I called out to Bass Pro, but maybe I'll try them and see if it goes through on ammoaz's end?
[Reply]
Page 235 of 341
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285335 > Last »
Up