ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 188 of 341
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198238288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:08 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
just went to the range with my new PPQ M2 and all i can say is WOW.

Glad you like it! I'm a Springfield and SIG guy myself, but I still have my PPK that I bought years and years ago.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:16 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
What makes Modlight better?

Olights seem to be on the cheaper side, nothing over $199 on their site. You say these are better than any Streamlight models?

Materials used, quality control before they are sent out, customer service. Modlight isn’t a very old company and they have come on strong and forced Streamlight, Sure Fire and the others that have been around for a while to step up and produce better lights.

They have made the market sell brighter, whiter lights, shaper edges to the light not blurred like old lights.

Olight has a model called Mini Viking/Viking Mini that is a damn good light and I would take it over any StreamLight. I have had too many StreamLights and Sure Fire lights shit on me during missions and won’t ever use them on my personal weapons.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:44 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
Materials used, quality control before they are sent out, customer service. Modlight isn’t a very old company and they have come on strong and forced Streamlight, Sure Fire and the others that have been around for a while to step up and produce better lights.

They have made the market sell brighter, whiter lights, shaper edges to the light not blurred like old lights.

Olight has a model called Mini Viking/Viking Mini that is a damn good light and I would take it over any StreamLight. I have had too many StreamLights and Sure Fire lights shit on me during missions and won’t ever use them on my personal weapons.
Thanks.
*Edit*
Modlite doesn’t look to be made for handguns.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:21 PM 05-19-2020
Talked to a friend of mine today - and he tells me that the Army is going start testing new night vision goggles - ENVG-III.

Jesus, In my day, if you had even a starlight scope (as shitty as they were) you were damned lucky.

Warfare just ain't what it used to be.......That's why (I think) I have never been a HUGE believer of lights on pistols or rifles. The second you turn that light on - you have exposed your position. Aim for the light!!!

I have one on my SIG only to insure that I make the first round count in the event of a break-in. Other than that? Meh...
[Reply]
ljmhawk 08:55 PM 05-19-2020
i’m ready to get back to the range and hone in my ppq m2.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:02 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
i’m ready to get back to the range and hone in my ppq m2.
I want to put a round (or 10) through the new (to me) AR.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:41 PM 05-21-2020
Red dot vs. green dot? I'm looking at a holosun507C that comes in both red and green. Mounting it on an optics ready HK VP9.

Any opinions on red vs. green, holosun vs. other brands?
[Reply]
Frazod 04:32 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Red dot vs. green dot? I'm looking at a holosun507C that comes in both red and green. Mounting it on an optics ready HK VP9.

Any opinions on red vs. green, holosun vs. other brands?
I currently have three optics that produce illuminated dots on various rifles - an EOTech 512, a Trijicon MRO and a Leopold scope. All are red. At one point I had one that would do either red or green; IIRC I settled on the red setting.

I personally don't think the color makes all that much difference, but rather the brightness setting. Shooting outside on a sunny day you'll need to dial down the brightness or the glow obscures the target.

But of course I'll defer to expertise of people who have used these optics in real life situations. Also, I don't have any pistols with optic mounts at this point.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:24 PM 05-21-2020
Same here....scopes on my rifles (Leupold), EOtech 512 on my ARs Except the AR10 - that one has a leupold - (I understand that the military "apparently" had some problems with the 512, but mine has been flawless) and a Vortex VMX-3T sight magnifier behind the 512 - Old man eyes....

Don't really care what color they are (mine are red). 6 of one, half dozen of the other. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 06:30 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I currently have three optics at product illuminated dots on various rifles - an EOTech 512, a Trijicon MRO and a Leopold scope. All are red. At one point I had one that would do either red or green; IIRC I settled on the red setting.

I personally don't think the color makes all that much difference, but rather the brightness setting. Shooting outside on a sunny day you'll need to dial down the brightness or the glow obscures the target.

But of course I'll defer to expertise of people who have used these optics in real life situations. Also, I don't have any pistols with optic mounts at this point.
The military did research and found that the human eye "picks out" green faster than red.

It was a tiny difference. Train with your shit, it's way more important than color.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:04 PM 05-21-2020
Thanks to all three of you for the input.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:13 PM 05-24-2020
Tell me about holsters. I have a Berretta PX4 Storm and a sub compact .380 I'm looking to get holstered up. I can go about anywhere and get some standard setup, but what do you guys recommend?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:25 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Tell me about holsters. I have a Berretta PX4 Storm and a sub compact .380 I'm looking to get holstered up. I can go about anywhere and get some standard setup, but what do you guys recommend?
I exclusively use Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB holsters for concealed carry now after trying a couple of other brands. It is a molded Kydex holster with a metal belt clip, as opposed to a plastic clip. Plastic clips suck balls. If you carry every day, a plastic clip WILL break. It's just a matter of time. You don't want that happening when you're out somewhere.

I don't like holsters that a belt loops through because they're a pain in the ass to take on and off for daily carry, and I don't care for leather because it's easier to reholster your pistol using Kydex.

Also, make sure you have a sturdy belt. A flimsy cheapo belt you get at Walmart won't cut it.

The Garrett holster is about $85. Pricey but worth it. I've used them for years now and never had an issue.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:37 PM 05-24-2020
Depends on usage. I know lots of LEOs. The pistols of the ones that use Kydex are scratched and roughed up. It is wearing off the outer coating. I went with leather because of that reason. I have an OWB that is made for my pistol. I bought a duty belt that works better with my holster. Like Frazod said your standard average belt just isn't good enough.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:58 PM 05-24-2020
Kirkpatrick leather

Galco Gun Leather

I also gave the Alien Gear holsters a try - but they weren't for me.

Shoulder rigs - Kirkpatrick Leather

OWB - Galco Fletch

For my SIG 365 - believe it or not, a Desantis pocket holster. Price? $12.95. :-) Works like a charm!

Belts - I only use one company:

https://www.koreessentials.com/colle...oncealed-carry
[Reply]
Page 188 of 341
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198238288 > Last »
Up