ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 48
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:54 PM 05-26-2014
Some good deals going at bestbuy. $1 dollar iPhone 5s with smartphone trade in for sprint and verizon customers. My wife got a Galaxy S5 with trade in for 50 bucks; again any smartphone, and didn't pay activation fee.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 05:06 PM 06-03-2014
The LG G3 looks like a bad ass phone.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:04 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I use Swiftkey. I honestly can't remember if or what I paid for it; but I'm pretty happy with it.
This. Swiftkey rocks.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:58 PM 06-05-2014
Originally Posted by BCD:
The LG G3 looks like a bad ass phone.
I love my G2, so for me I am going to wait a while before I upgrade.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 11:14 PM 06-05-2014
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This. Swiftkey rocks.
Yep. Sometimes I try other keyboards just for something different. Nothing is as good as SwiftKey.
[Reply]
Ceej 04:12 AM 06-06-2014
So, some how I made a sweet, custom spiderweb on my phone. It's pretty legit.

A couple of questions - do you guys who use eBay to buy yourself a phone have pretty good success? Pros/cons?

Anyone here own the newest Sony Xperia?
[Reply]
Mojo Rising 10:53 AM 06-06-2014
I used Swappa instead of Ebay to sell my SG3 last Fall and was very happy with them. Check it out.

Also, check out the Nexus 5.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:30 AM 06-06-2014
I used to get a new phone typically within a 12 month period, but the latest versions of the Galaxy S in my opinion have been nominal at best. Still more than happy with my S3 - which is just starting to feel like it's hit the point where it's a bit lagging from time to time. So, I'm keen on what they bring out in the fall for the new Note 4, but if it's not a sizeable update, I am content on sitting it out until I find something that truly wows me.

Just not as worth it as the prices are creeping up to around $700-$800 oop.
[Reply]
Mojo Rising 12:58 PM 06-06-2014
I like the T Mobile and Nexs 5 combo. T Mobile began separating the cost of the phone from the cost of the service. The Galaxy 5 is $660. You can buy a used Galaxy IV for about $300. I don't think the new version is worth twice as much as a phone that was released a little less than a year ago.

I think that by separating the price of the phone people will start realizing that they are paying significantly more than the $150 down for their phones. Hopefully, this will put downward pressure on phone pricing.

The Nexus 5 is also a great value at $349/399. It's specs are about 90% of the new phones being release for much less money. It also is the 1st to receive updates and does not have the bloatware.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:01 AM 06-20-2014
Any current opinions on the Moto X? My wife is in the market for an upgrade, but she isn't a fan of the huge 5" phones, and all of Sprint's other small phones are pretty underwhelming. The specs aren't as good as my Nexus 5 or the Galaxy 5, but I've read some reviews that suggest the Moto X does really well with some under-the-hood performance tweaks that make it a pretty decent option.

I've also seen lots of rumors about the X+1, but no firm release date, so I'm not sure if it'd be worth waiting or not.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:29 AM 06-20-2014
Any current opinions on the Moto X? My wife is in the market for an upgrade, but she isn't a fan of the huge 5" phones, and all of Sprint's other small phones are pretty underwhelming. The specs aren't as good as my Nexus 5 or the Galaxy 5, but I've read some reviews that suggest the Moto X does really well with some under-the-hood performance tweaks that make it a pretty decent option.

I've also seen lots of rumors about the X+1, but no firm release date, so I'm not sure if it'd be worth waiting or not.
If she's not a fan of 5" phones then its definitely not worth the wait for the X+1, since the most common rumor being thrown around is that it will be 5.2".
[Reply]
DaFace 11:01 AM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
If she's not a fan of 5" phones then its definitely not worth the wait for the X+1, since the most common rumor being thrown around is that it will be 5.2".
Ah, good to know.
[Reply]
jiveturkey 11:04 AM 06-20-2014
My wife and I have been on Galaxy Nexus for the last 2 years and she recently broke her's. We get her a Nexus 5 and she loves it. I do too but I'm waiting until later in the year to get something new.

By that time I'll probably be deciding between....

OnePlus One - http://oneplus.net/
Nexus 6?
Moto X+1
[Reply]
jiveturkey 11:05 AM 06-20-2014

How about a Moto G LTE?

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-...eywords=moto+g
[Reply]
DaFace 11:14 AM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by jiveturkey:
How about a Moto G LTE?

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-...eywords=moto+g
Moto G is pretty slow comparatively, and I'm not sure it'd work with Sprint anyway. I'm looking for the best phone money can by that 1) works with Sprint and 2) is more in the 4.5" range rather than the 5"+ range.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 48
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up