ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 51
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:24 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I assume it was like their blood. The robots can apparently bleed out just like Johnny 5 in Short Circuit 2.
:-)
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 04:49 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I have a feeling it will be explained some in coming episodes.

From the way Bernard employed it, it seemed to be some kind of fluid vital to effective operation. The easy thing is to analogize it to blood, but I'm at a loss for a rationale for the creators to introduce that kind of feature. I mean, it doesn't look like blood, and there is something in them that does look like bllod, judging by the 'kills.'

Perhaps its a nanofluid that facilitates communication, perhaps even communication to the neural network of the park.
I believe it's the fluid (coolant?) that's in the CPU housing in his head and he's sprung a leak. They focused on the fluid the couple times they showed the removal of other host CPUs in the episode earlier on.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:44 PM 04-30-2018
Episode 2 furthered the story. Off to a good start this season. Delores looks good in cocktail black.
[Reply]
banecat 09:32 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Episode 2 furthered the story. Off to a good start this season. Delores looks good in cocktail black.
Good to hear that this show still has it
[Reply]
007 10:21 PM 04-30-2018
Damn the time jumping is frustrating on this show.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:52 AM 05-01-2018
I'm finding the whole Bernard story line very unbelievable. No one seems to notice that he is dripping liquid from his ear or that he is just fine without his glasses. Or the people that have gone missing when around him.

A lot like Game of Thrones... I watched the first few seasons of it and just didn't see what the big deal was about.

So, Westworld... The fact that this high tech amusement park with weapons and real dangerous environments has been cut off and no one really seems all that concerned? Where to the androids get their energy and after watching their lack of respect for human life, why would a technician help them?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:05 AM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I'm finding the whole Bernard story line very unbelievable. No one seems to notice that he is dripping liquid from his ear or that he is just fine without his glasses. Or the people that have gone missing when around him.

A lot like Game of Thrones... I watched the first few seasons of it and just didn't see what the big deal was about.

So, Westworld... The fact that this high tech amusement park with weapons and real dangerous environments has been cut off and no one really seems all that concerned? Where to the androids get their energy and after watching their lack of respect for human life, why would a technician help them?
What........
[Reply]
vailpass 01:38 PM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
Damn the time jumping is frustrating on this show.
Yes agree wholeheartedly.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:38 PM 05-01-2018

It's not a documentary.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:19 AM 05-07-2018
How many bars in before you identified Seven Nation Army?

EDIT: it's been released online

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:44 AM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
How many bars in before you identified Seven Nation Army?

EDIT: it's been released online

Spoiler!
About halfway through the scene and it was my wife that ID-ed the song. I was trying to figure out what they were playing and she nailed it.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01:28 PM 05-07-2018
I'm out
[Reply]
BWillie 02:05 PM 05-07-2018
Wasn't really a big fan of ep 3 of season 2. I'm sure we'll get more clarification. Too much time whipping again.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:55 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
It's not a documentary.
Yeah, I get that... I'm just not really finding the story very interesting. Sorry, It takes more than a bunch of hot naked women to make me interested in the story. I sometimes wish I were young again... Except that they have quit doing that in both shows...
[Reply]
vailpass 10:21 PM 05-07-2018
Yeah, I get that... I'm just not really finding the story very interesting. Sorry, It takes more than a bunch of hot naked women to make me interested in the story. I sometimes wish I were young again... Except that they have quit doing that in both shows...
I hear you and agree the story line isn't as engaging as it could be. I enjoy the characters which now that I think on it is the reason I watch more than the story.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 51
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up