ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Ricky Seals-Jones
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:27 PM 04-03-2020

The Chiefs have reached an agreement with TE Ricky Seals-Jones, a source tells me.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 3, 2020

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:56 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I like this signing and think it's excellent work by Brett Veach but good grief, some of you guys need to temper your expectations.

It's clear that Veach had a plan coming into the 2020 season and that it wasn't formed yesterday. He's been playing the Long Game since he became the GM and he's proving to be one of the best, if not currently the best GM in the NFL.

He knew the Chiefs would be cap-strapped but attractive, especially after winning a Super Bowl. But unlike the 2019 offseason, when he pushed the Salary Cap to its limit and therefore had to scrounge and trade for guys with a year left on their contracts (Ogbah & Lee) or guys looking for Prove-It deals (Claiborne, Breeland, Damien Wilson and others), he's stacking up Comp Picks by allowing those same guys to sign with other teams, while once again, signing guys like Seals-Jones to Prove-It deals that will either lead to Comp Picks or contract extensions.

It's a brilliant plan that so far, has been executed brilliantly.

It’s impressive.

Never had a GM of one of my teams who pushed the envelope like this. So cool to be on this side of it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:05 AM 04-04-2020
Any of you guys think they pivoted a little with the virus issue? I think it’s the smart thing to do. Teams aren’t gonna have a lot of time together this offseason so try to keep the band together
[Reply]
staylor26 08:13 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Any of you guys think they pivoted a little with the virus issue? I think it’s the smart thing to do. Teams aren’t gonna have a lot of time together this offseason so try to keep the band together
Not really. I think they wanted to keep the band together regardless, because that’s been what guys like Terez and Taylor have said all along. It just made it that much better.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:20 AM 04-04-2020
The 2 TE set could be deadly now. Nice signing. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:22 AM 04-04-2020
I can live with this TE group:

Kelce
Seals-Jones
Yelder
[Reply]
redfan 08:49 AM 04-04-2020
Nice pickup! 2TE sets are Veachy keen.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:59 AM 04-04-2020
Seems like a really good pick up, but does it cancel out a compensation pick next year?
[Reply]
kcclone 09:03 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:

Yes. I think the 2TE sets create matchup problems for defenses.

If you have 2 legit pass catching targets, it forces the Defense to pick their poison. If they play small, Reid can exploit the run game. If they try to go bigger to stop the run...... good luck to them.

I see Reid trying to establish the run a little more this year, as a way to protect Mahomes and reduce wear and tear.
[Reply]
Wilson8 09:16 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Seems like a really good pick up, but does it cancel out a compensation pick next year?
Probably not but it depends on the contract that was signed.

Originally Posted by :
https://overthecap.com/the-basics-an...y-draft-picks/

Starting with the 2020 CBA, under App. V, §10, players who sign Veteran Salary Benefit contracts will not be eligible to become CFAs.

Also starting with the 2020 CBA, under App. V, §11, teams may exclude UFAs from the compensatory formula if the player signs a 1 year contract for less than approximately $1.75 million.

[Reply]
Coogs 09:17 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:

Thanks!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:25 AM 04-04-2020
Soild move. He could be really good aecond.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:07 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Haha basically all of our signings are one year deals and lower than 1.75 mil besides Watkins
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:03 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:
It doesn't need to be deadly.

Seals-Jones presence in a 2 tight end set needs to freeze the linebackers and safeties for just a fraction of a second to allow Kelce, Hill and Watkins a chance to get open.

If he makes the catch, all the better.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:31 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It doesn't need to be deadly.

Seals-Jones presence in a 2 tight end set needs to freeze the linebackers and safeties for just a fraction of a second to allow Kelce, Hill and Watkins a chance to get open.

If he makes the catch, all the better.

Jones is a better all-around TE2 than any they have had paired with Kelce.

That’s exciting. With his size and speed he can really make teams pay for not paying attention to him.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:35 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Jones is a better all-around TE2 than any they have had paired with Kelce.

That’s exciting. With his size and speed he can really make teams pay for not paying attention to him.
Just tell me he had better hands than Harris did
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up