ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs and Chris Jones working towards a long term deal. .
DTVietnam 06:19 AM 04-03-2020
not sure how valid this source is. .

The #Chiefs are planning to keep DL Chris Jones.

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

The #Chiefs & Jones will work towards a long-term deal even though it will be very tough. Both sides have interest. Let’s see what happens.

News came from @AdamSchefter

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

[Reply]
Wilson8 09:52 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Just because a team has a ton of cap space doesn't mean it is well run. It probably means the opposite, they lack talent and have drafted poorly. I think the Chiefs $177 in cap space is a testament to Veach's ability to every ****ing nickel. Thats what I want my GM to do.
I completely agree with you.

Cleveland Browns has $43 M of cap space. New England Patriots has $893 K of cap space.

As a player for an NFL team, I'd want my team to be spending their cap and taking care of their players.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:18 PM 04-04-2020
You know what I just realized. Jones 16 mil is already included in the cap and we still have 5 mil to spare. A deal will get done. Veach knows the cap will skyrocket next year. Sign Jones to about 10 mil this year and start giving him 22-23 dollars each year afterwards. Same goes for Mahomes but with a 4 in front of it
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:14 PM 04-04-2020
We need like 6 for picks. That 5 mil is for that.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:01 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Will be interesting to see when rookies sign and if there is language that addresses covid (not sure that’s even possible but throwing it out there).
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:21 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
You know what I just realized. Jones 16 mil is already included in the cap and we still have 5 mil to spare. A deal will get done. Veach knows the cap will skyrocket next year. Sign Jones to about 10 mil this year and start giving him 22-23 dollars each year afterwards. Same goes for Mahomes but with a 4 in front of it
I dont think this is right. Where did you read this?

Edit*

Well you're right according to Spotrac and OTC. That increases my belief that we're extending Jones. I was trying to figure out a way we could afford to extend him with only $5 mil in cap space, but extending him will lower his cap hit for the year and would allow us to resign Breeland.

Both Mack and Donald had low cap hits in their first 2 years of their new contracts, so what we could do is go really low on Jones 1st year, say like $6 or $7 mil and that gives us ~$15 mil in cap space. Have Breeland at $8-$9 mil cap hit and then we have enough to sign rookies. You extend Mahomes this offseason, but he's still playing on the last year of his rookie deal, so he's not gonna cost any extra this year.

It can easily be done.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:40 PM 04-04-2020
We don’t need that much for picks. We only have 5 picks.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:45 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We don’t need that much for picks. We only have 5 picks.
https://overthecap.com/draft/

This says we need 5+
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:19 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If Mahomes was getting hit constantly, the QB hit numbers would be much worse than they are.
Not really. We are fortunate for his mobility and intuition skills taking over before getting hit and he still did get hit way too much for my liking regardless.
[Reply]
TEX 07:38 AM 04-05-2020
Ding...Ding...Ding!
Been trying to tell folks in the, "There's NO WAY KC can afford Jones" crowd that, but most have their minds made up, even though Veach has told us that Jones is in KC's plans.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:50 AM 04-05-2020
22-23 dollars? I'm all for it but I don't think Jones will go for that.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:01 AM 04-05-2020
Making Jones highest paid would be a mistake.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:38 AM 04-05-2020
What's the point of signing Chris Jones when the NFL won't be back until 2022 at the earliest?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...7&postcount=51
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:40 AM 04-05-2020
Not highest paid cuz that belongs to Donald but Jones is the second best DT in the league
[Reply]
DanT 04:20 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Just because a team has a ton of cap space doesn't mean it is well run. It probably means the opposite, they lack talent and have drafted poorly. I think the Chiefs $177 in cap space is a testament to Veach's ability to every ****ing nickel. Thats what I want my GM to do.
Exactly. Veach spends his money well. I love having him as our GM.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:47 PM 04-05-2020
Youve gotten to the point that you are spamming this shit in all threads about Jones. No fucking substance ever. Just the same shit over and over.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up