ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs and Chris Jones working towards a long term deal. .
DTVietnam 06:19 AM 04-03-2020
not sure how valid this source is. .

The #Chiefs are planning to keep DL Chris Jones.

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

The #Chiefs & Jones will work towards a long-term deal even though it will be very tough. Both sides have interest. Let’s see what happens.

News came from @AdamSchefter

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:36 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
My understanding is that it is not enough. To bring Breeland back, most likely have to sign and trade Jones. Breeland is probably looking at 10+, so 5 in cap space ...
It's enough if they give him more than a one year deal. Give him 3 years for $25 million. Give him a $9 million signing bonus and league minimum this season. Cap hit would be around $4 million.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:32 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Chiefs could have probably $40 million in cap space by:

Restructure (salary into signing bonus) Clark and Mathieu
Cut LDT after June 1
Extend Chris Jones and Travis Kelce (though both players may not want that)
As much as I'd be fine with cutting LDT, could we really replace him with anyone better this year?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:36 PM 04-03-2020
Breeland isn't getting 10 a year, Chris Harris barely got that.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:42 PM 04-03-2020
Kelce will not sign an extension until Kittle does just an FYI
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:47 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
As much as I'd be fine with cutting LDT, could we really replace him with anyone better this year?
This. I'm doubtful that there's an upgrade replacement for LDT out there this season. And Andy's blocking schemes can be pretty complex; is there a OG out there that can pick up his schemes that quickly, especially if there's no OTAs/abbreviated TC this season?

As for LDT himself, I don't think we can really judge his abilities on his performance for most of last season. It was his first season back from breaking his leg; it was always going to take most of of or all the season for him to get back to his pre-injury form. It'd be interesting to see how he performed in the playoffs vs. the first 8 weeks of the season to see how he trended. I'm betting he was significantly better in the playoffs.

Which could mean that he could be solid in the upcoming season as his confidence in his leg has grown.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:50 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This. I'm doubtful that there's an upgrade replacement for LDT out there this season. And Andy's blocking schemes can be pretty complex; is there a OG out there that can pick up his schemes that quickly, especially if there's no OTAs/abbreviated TC this season?

As for LDT himself, I don't think we can really judge his abilities on his performance for most of last season. It was his first season back from breaking his leg; it was always going to take most of of or all the season for him to get back to his pre-injury form. It'd be interesting to see how he performed in the playoffs vs. the first 8 weeks of the season to see how he trended. I'm betting he was significantly better in the playoffs.

Which could mean that he could be solid in the upcoming season as his confidence in his leg has grown.
I think they like LDT. Another year healthy, hope Rankin can come back healthy. iIf you can upgrade center, LDT is now your worst linemen. and thats a pretty damn nice place to be.
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 12:57 PM 04-03-2020

[Reply]
BossChief 12:58 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Maybe. Eventually Mahomes $40 million contract needs to be paid and we are going to lose essential players. Thats our life as fans going forward. But.............we have Patrick fucking Mahomes. Life is good! :-)
By that time we will be replacing guys like Kelce, Fisher, Schwartz and others with younger, cheaper options.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:00 PM 04-03-2020
I think people are kinda missing that we're 2-3 years away from having to use high picks on OT's.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:10 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think people are kinda missing that we're 2-3 years away from having to use high picks on OT's.
We’re also 2-3 years away from Mahomes having a really big cap hit.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:16 PM 04-03-2020
And we arent really in "dire" need of IOL either. It would be a very nice upgrade, but we basically won the superbowl with what we have except we lost wis. We will get Rankin back at some point and i expect him to start at LG.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:26 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
And we arent really in "dire" need of IOL either. It would be a very nice upgrade, but we basically won the superbowl with what we have except we lost wis. We will get Rankin back at some point and i expect him to start at LG.
Just because that exact formula worked last year that doesn't mean it will work again. What happens when interior pressure gets Mahomes injured again, except this time it's for more than 2 games? Or what happens when Mahomes has an off game, and the interior OL is getting their shit pushed in as always so we're not able to lean on the run game?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:28 PM 04-03-2020
Just because that exact formula worked last year that doesn't mean it will work again. What happens when interior pressure gets Mahomes injured again, except this time it's for more than 2 games? Or what happens when Mahomes has an off game, and the interior OL is getting their shit pushed in as always so we're not able to lean on the run game?
You can't have elite players everywhere, the biggest hole on the team is coverage LB. it's why every damn team we play throws to their backs and TE's over and over.
[Reply]
Coogs 01:34 PM 04-03-2020
In 31 games, Mahomes has proven his off game is usually good enough to win. Case in point would be the last game we saw.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:46 PM 04-03-2020
You can't have elite players everywhere, the biggest hole on the team is coverage LB. it's why every damn team we play throws to their backs and TE's over and over.
This. Worst case Rankin and Wis are a wash imo. Rankin came in and did work for a guy who had only been in the system a few weeks. Wis was a street mid season free agent.

And they got their S pushed in in the super bowl, but so did green bay and everyone else who played san fran in the playoffs. I'm not taking a first second or probably even third round center/guard unless hes a truly elite prospect. Like running back the value just isnt there. In fact im personally 5x more likely to go running back before guard, or center. The demand just isnt there to take them high.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up