ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins will officially be back
carcosa 03:39 AM 04-03-2020

The Chiefs have reached an agreement with Sammy Watkins on a new 1-year deal that will pay him a base of $9m for 2020 with an incentive package that can reach $16m, a source tells me.

The move creates $5m in cap space for the Chiefs to operate this offseason.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 3, 2020

I think this is nice!
[Reply]
Otter 03:42 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I think this is nice!
Agreed.
[Reply]
scho63 03:42 AM 04-03-2020
Nice surprise.
[Reply]
Wilson8 03:42 AM 04-03-2020
Watkins and the Chiefs have agreed on a new deal that will pay him a base salary of $9 million this season, offer him the opportunity to earn another $7 million worth of incentives, and most importantly shave $5 million off his 2020 cap number, according to Terez Paylor of Yahoo Sports.
[Reply]
Wilson8 03:46 AM 04-03-2020
OK - Please delete carcosa posted first.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:49 AM 04-03-2020
I still think Mecole Hardman will start over him or at least take a lot more reps and we will have fresh legs for four quarters.

Mecole is also a valued kick returner but we have Pringle that i think can take that role if Mecole gets significant playing time as WR.

I think each year we will target a WR in later rounds and keep re-loaded in that position.

I like the incentive package so hopefully Watkins will ball out like he did his first game here but more consistent than one big catch a game the rest of the year.
[Reply]
Otter 03:52 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I still think Mecole Hardman will start over him or at least take a lot more reps and we will have fresh legs for four quarters.

Mecole is also a valued kick returner but we have Pringle that i think can take that role if Mecole gets significant playing time as WR.

I think each year we will target a WR in later rounds and keep re-loaded in that position.

I like the incentive package so hopefully Watkins will ball out like he did his first game here but more consistent than one big catch a game the rest of the year.
We have a QB that can and will hit anyone at anytime and with Hill drawing so much attention they're gonna be tough to stop again next season barring injury.

We're in the apex of Chiefs fandom.
[Reply]
milkshock 03:56 AM 04-03-2020
Good
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:57 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
We have a QB that can and will hit anyone at anytime and with Hill drawing so much attention they're gonna be tough to stop again next season barring injury.

We're in the apex of Chiefs fandom.

Are you a writer for Penthouse Forum?
[Reply]
Wilson8 04:01 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Hardman may get some more playing time, but if Watkins can stay healthy, he is the starter.

Very good. We still need some more cap room. What will be the next move?
[Reply]
Hoover 04:02 AM 04-03-2020
On one hand I'm glad he's back, on the other I'm disappointed that we are still paying him what we are. Wonder what 2021 costs us and how much we can save if we cut him?
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 04:07 AM 04-03-2020
This is fantastic news. The Chiefs offense needs another interior lineman and should be in great shape. Hopefully, Hardman will take a big step forward.

Now, on to Chris Jones. What will happen there?
[Reply]
Wilson8 04:08 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
On one hand I'm glad he's back, on the other I'm disappointed that we are still paying him what we are. Wonder what 2021 costs us and how much we can save if we cut him?
I thought it was still a 1 year contract. $9 M base, $7 M in incentives.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:14 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I thought it was still a 1 year contract. $9 M base, $7 M in incentives.
but he was under contract for 1 year 21M already.
[Reply]
Chieftain 04:21 AM 04-03-2020
Great job.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Up