ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 111
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:42 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I mean the Bears are paying Foles 15M as an insurance policy.
Bears enter next camp, whenever that happens, with an OPEN COMPETITION at QB. /per Eisen's show
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:39 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Suggs will either retire or go back to Baltimore. He helped us in the run game a lot and got a ring while at it. Props to Veach for getting him.
No not really.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:11 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Terrell Suggs did a radio interview last week on 105.7 The Fan out of Baltimore.

He is trying to decide if he is ready for retirement or not. He said his body would tell him. He had not gotten into hard workouts yet which he thinks will be his indication.

I do not see the Chiefs trying to sign him until they see how the players on the team and the draft shapes up.

He was a good fit at the time we had a need.
The Chiefs have already lost Ogbah in Free Agency and there's no guarantee that Okafor will be 100% by September.

If Suggs wants to play for Vet Minimum w/incentives, he'd be a fine addition to the Chiefs 2020 roster.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:23 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs have already lost Ogbah in Free Agency and there's no guarantee that Okafor will be 100% by September.

If Suggs wants to play for Vet Minimum w/incentives, he'd be a fine addition to the Chiefs 2020 roster.
Yup. Maybe he can get Speaks to kick it up a few notches by seeing how a real pro goes about his business.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:34 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Yup. Maybe he can get Super Bowl Champion Speaks to kick it up a few notches by seeing how a real pro goes about his business.
Fyp
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:25 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Fyp
Fuck that, that fat fuck of all players on the roster doesn't deserve a ring. Tie his receiving of a ring to him getting in shape. Otherwise, no dice. I imagine him being stuck at home through all of this isn't going to turn out well for him. I could see him showing up whenever this all ends and being 300+, because he clearly has shown he doesn't have the motivation and will power to earn his keep.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:46 PM 04-04-2020
The hatred for Breeland Speaks continues to amaze me.

He was horribly mis-positioned by Sutton in his only campaign and blew out his knee last year.

He still showed flashes of potential and fits 1000% better in this defensive system than the one he struggled in.

Ya oh Kpassagnon looked even more lost in Sutton’s system and was a productive role player. As long as Speaks’ rehab went well, it is reasonable to believe he can be a good player, just like KPass.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:22 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
**** that, that fat **** of all players on the roster doesn't deserve a ring. Tie his receiving of a ring to him getting in shape. Otherwise, no dice. I imagine him being stuck at home through all of this isn't going to turn out well for him. I could see him showing up whenever this all ends and being 300+, because he clearly has shown he doesn't have the motivation and will power to earn his keep.
The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl. He is employed by the Kansas City Chiefs.

Therefore, he is Super Bowl Champion Breeland Speaks.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:13 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Fuck that, that fat fuck of all players on the roster doesn't deserve a ring. Tie his receiving of a ring to him getting in shape. Otherwise, no dice. I imagine him being stuck at home through all of this isn't going to turn out well for him. I could see him showing up whenever this all ends and being 300+, because he clearly has shown he doesn't have the motivation and will power to earn his keep.
You are a special kind of special. You are one envious miserable bastard.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:27 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

He was horribly mis-positioned by Sutton in his only campaign and blew out his knee last year.

He still showed flashes of potential and fits 1000% better in this defensive system than the one he struggled in.

Ya oh Kpassagnon looked even more lost in Sutton’s system and was a productive role player. As long as Speaks’ rehab went well, it is reasonable to believe he can be a good player, just like KPass.
If his rehab went well at all, he may be an incredible player.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:20 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Kpass at least has always had excellent athleticism, he was just incredibly raw. Speaks was an awful draft pick from day 1. He has no attributes in particular that stand out. I'm glad the 2019 draft was a huge success because aside from Nnadi the 2018 draft was absolutely awful. It didn't really seem like Veach and the rest of the front office were prepared at all in 2018.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:18 AM 04-05-2020
Expectations for Speaks should be low at this point but you cannot call him a bust. There is some hope but if he becomes just serviceable or if he outright fails, no one should be shocked.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 06:51 AM 04-05-2020
I wonder where LeSean McCoy will end up. It stunk that we couldn't have him active for the Super Bowl, but he sure didn't take it very well. I only found like one TV interview with him in the locker room after the game and he wasn't wearing any of the championship gear (hat or tshirt). He had on a Kobe jersey and the only remarks he made was about him dying...nothing about the game.
[Reply]
TRR 06:51 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

No guarantee Okafor will be 100% by Sep? That’s a 4 month recovery time max. He’s closing in on 100% right now.

With Clark, Okafor, Kpass, Speaks, and a potential draft pick at DE....I’d save the $ for a different position.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:32 AM 04-05-2020
How anyone can reach a conclusion on Speaks one way or another is beyond me. Way too little to go on right now.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 111
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111 >
Up