View Poll Results: People are hoarding toilet paper because they are:
Stupid 34 16.50%
Selfish 6 2.91%
Stupid and selfish 151 73.30%
Other. Please explain in thread. 15 7.28%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 30
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Idiots are hoarding toilet paper because?
Pitt Gorilla 01:20 PM 03-14-2020
We know the idiots hoarding bottled water have zero idea about how viruses spread, the water supply, and anything, really. The toilet paper people are similarly perplexing, but their idiocy is at least worth consideration.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:30 PM 03-14-2020
poor people are stupid and st joe is poor and stupid. there was a ton of people buying a shitload of shit rags and I couldn't even muster up the give a fuck meter to give a fuck .
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:31 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Same thing happened with guns and ammo, especially .22LR, after the Sandy Hook shooting.

Stores got bought out, secondary market boomed where bricks of .22LR that normally sold for $20 were being sold at gun shows for up to $175.

All other ammo was $1 per, minimum. Any AR-style gun sold for no less than $1500 regardless of brand.

Soon, everything related to guns, even reloading supplies, got scarce and expensive.

This TP scare (and Purell, face masks, cold medicine) feels the same way, and it's a shame for the people who actually run out of TP and can't get more.

Even my local supermarket and Dollar General in a town of 1200 is out of TP, but everything else is well-stocked.

The 12=48 mega-roll of Charmin Ultra Strong that normally costs $12 is now $75 online.
I checked with my buddy who runs the gun counter at Cabela's and another buddy that owns a small LGS here in town; 9mm and .223 rem/5.56 NATO are gone.

I have no idea how you wipe your ass with small caliber ammunition. I'm not a big guy, but I'd need to use at least a small handful of .44 spl/.308 Win to wipe my ass properly.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 06:41 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I checked with my buddy who runs the gun counter at Cabela's and another buddy that owns a small LGS here in town; 9mm and .223 rem/5.56 NATO are gone.

I have no idea how you wipe your ass with small caliber ammunition. I'm not a big guy, but I'd need to use at least a small handful of .44 spl/.308 Win to wipe my ass properly.
Ha, now I finally have use for Granddad's antique paper shotgun shells that I'm afraid to shoot.

The hell of it is, Covid-19 doesn't even give you the shits.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:43 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Ha, now I finally have use for Granddad's antique paper shotgun shells that I'm afraid to shoot.

The hell of it is, Covid-19 doesn't even give you the shits.
Holy shit! Old shotshell hulls are made of paper!!!
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:51 PM 03-14-2020
Selfish and stupid. too many listening to the media hype this as the end of the world. Just like after 9/11, people were filling their tanks with gasoline because they were afraid that society would fall apart. For some reason, they fail to realize that an extra tank of gas isn't going to go very far if there is none to be had.

I was at the store today, meat section was poor (however the Sunfresh by my house is always poor) and I saw a few people loading up their carts with TP. There was plenty to be had. They are playing these people, I've never seen TP on an end cap before.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:58 PM 03-14-2020
Silver lining alert: I own stock in Kimberly-Clark (makers of Cottonelle, Kleenex, etc.)! I'm going to be rich!
[Reply]
srvy 06:58 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by FD:
Just checked Amazon, plenty of TP of every brand and style available. I could have it delivered to my house within 2 hours if I needed some.
I just checked Amazon nothing prime only could get from other vendors. just like yesterday when I checked.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:59 PM 03-14-2020
Bunch of dumbasses. We always have an extra 12 pack of double rolls and 4 cases of water on hand as part of our hurricane kit. We did our normal grocery shopping about 2 weeks ago which will last us at least a month. Thank God I haven't had to go to the store and witness the dumbassery first hand
[Reply]
srvy 07:01 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why hoarding bottled water too?

Does no one drink tap water anymore?
Yeah that's completely out too at Sams Club except for ozarka spring water. No thanks, I will drink from the tap.
[Reply]
Spott 07:03 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah that's completely out too at Sams Club except for ozarka spring water. No thanks, I will drink from the tap.
City water has much higher safety standards than the bottled water industry does, so drinking out of the tap is perfectly fine.
[Reply]
srvy 07:06 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
City water has much higher safety standards than the bottled water industry does, so drinking out of the tap is perfectly fine.
Yes I know but tell that to my wife who grew up in the Philippines.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:06 PM 03-14-2020
Because of the internet. Some people stocked up for quarantine, people said there’s a shortage, everyone then thought they needed to stock up, now there is a shortage, causing people to stock up even more when it gets back in stock, and so on.
[Reply]
Bump 07:09 PM 03-14-2020
also since it's become such a meme, I imagine there's a lot of people who are doing it for the pictures that they can post on facebook. I don't have facebook, but I can pretty much imagine how many selfies are being taken and posted with their newly purchased packages of toilet paper. Basically to get attention.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:12 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
That might be true where you live but the tap water in Los Angeles is disgusting to the taste and the heavy mineralized and treated water leaves stains everywhere, whether it's natural or ceramic tile, plastic, metal - you name it. It routinely damages faucets and valves as well.

I drink iced tea every day and have used a Lipton Ice Tea maker since 1989. The difference between using tap water and bottled water is astounding, not only to the taste but the clarity of the tea. It's night and day.

That said, we only drink from our GE refrigerator in which I change the water filter at least every 90 days but it's still not nearly as clear as bottled water. Most, if not all, of my neighbors have drinking water delivered.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:14 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:
also since it's become such a meme, I imagine there's a lot of people who are doing it for the pictures that they can post on facebook. I don't have facebook, but I can pretty much imagine how many selfies are being taken and posted with their newly purchased packages of toilet paper. Basically to get attention.
I haven't seen a single instance of people taking pictures of their purchases.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 30
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up