ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 39
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
O.city 09:02 PM 12-04-2019
Had a pretty interesting day today at the office. Morning was pretty normal, drill and fill, check hygiene, extract a tooth etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Pretty normal lunch. Trolled around on CP, ate an apple and a handful of wheat thins.

Then the afternoon hit.

I see inmates from the county jail here in town if they have a tooth ache or something, sheriff or deputy will call up and bring them up in shackles and the whole bit. It's not big deal, most of them are just happy to get out of pain and it's not a problem. So dude comes in, my assistant goes in to ask the normal "which tooth is bothering you, let me get an xray, blah blah". I was in the lab doing something so I wasn't really paying attention. She comes in and says "doc, you will need to come look at something" to which I responded "he need a tooth out, which tooth is hurting"?

"All of them". Huh, ok, weird response but lets go check it out. Sure enough, continued meth use pretty much causes things to not go so well intraorally, so he was pretty much decayed out and most teeth were broken off to the gumline (google meth mouth if you want to see it, i'm not messing with photos). Asked if I could extract all 26 teeth he had left in the 30 minute block we had on the schedule for him.

I laughed, said "nah, which one hurts the worst, we'll take that out". He pointed to one, I numbed it up, used an elevator to take it out, about 30 seconds worth of pressure and it was pretty lose. 2 teeth next to it are super mobile and infected (which starts draining as I get this one out, that smelt nice) so I told him he was getting 2 free extractions since he was already numb in that area and they were loose and I was right there, no harm no foul.

It's always fun when we see the inmates, the Sheriff comes up and sits in the room with them all serious, then when I come in the room we talk about hunting or why the Chiefs always break hearts or something.

He breaks down and starts crying thanking me, that he already felt better (if you saw the amount of infection I drained, you'd see why) and asked if he could make an appointment for when he got out. "Sure, how long you think you'll be in this predicament".

"I figure 4 or 5 years, you scheduling ahead that far yet"? Told him nah, just take care of himself and come see me when he gets out.

Next patient is an amish guy (we have a fairly big amish community near us), super nice guy, needs a crown. Asks if he can barter instead of pay, I ask what is in it for me, said he'd bring me a dozen eggs every week for 6 months (they have chicken barns or something) or I could have a quarter of one of the cows they're butchering. Sold, eggs and beef for a crown, sign me up.

Only problem with that is he scheduled an appointment for himself, but brought 4 other family members who all needed work done.

So we had a waiting room full of inmates and Amish this afternoon. Thought that might be a good name of a band or something.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:11 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So did a little free dental work today.

The Domestic violence womens shelter here in town had a couple ladies that needed some teeth extracted. One of them had her jaw broke by her ex and he broke a couple teeth off, the other had her BF hit her in the face with a broom handle and break a few.

Took them out no charge for the ladies today. Super sweet ladies just trying to get back on their feet. Hopefully I helped them out.

Did you mention to them that when you're done working on them the best thing they can do is keep their mouth shut?

I kid, that might have not been funny.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:43 PM 03-10-2020
Remember that loose crown I was talking about earlier? Well... the cement didn't give up on life.

Last night my mouth was more sore than usual so I decided I would pop off the crown so that the gum could have a bit of rest and I would make an appointment at the dentist within the next few days. (finally got dental insurance back).

It is 3AM and I pull on the crown and...

the fucking post came out with it. The cement was just fine. The connection between the tooth and the post was fucked.

It is now 3AM and I'm having a panic attack because I pulled my crown and post completely out of my mouth. I consider using the emergency line for a dentist but decide against it because my mouth now actually feels better than it did before. Instead... I research on dentists all night and decide on a few to call and see who could get me in the quickest.

I get an appointment at 8:30 and am told an extraction is the only thing left to do. They agree to pull it out at around 10:00 and now I have a gaping hole in my mouth

Now I get to figure out to gather $1,700 for a bridge. YAY!!!!
[Reply]
O.city 04:40 PM 03-10-2020
That sucks man. It happens though. Good luck on getting it fixed. It’ll go fine
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:31 PM 03-10-2020
Well that’s a horror show. Good luck MJ.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:45 AM 03-22-2020
This seems like a good place for this:

[Reply]
cripple creek 09:54 AM 03-22-2020
there was and maybe still is a comedy rock band called the electric amish. they parody classic rock songs into amish culture. originally from the bob and tom radio show
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:13 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by cripple creek:
there was and maybe still is a comedy rock band called the electric amish. they parody classic rock songs into amish culture. originally from the bob and tom radio show
Yep. These then we'll let the thread get back to dentistry with OC..

[Reply]
O.city 08:01 AM 04-04-2020
It’s tough times right now for everyone.

Anyone on here have a dental problem during this hit me up. I’ll do my best to take care of you. Just ask that you pay it forward during this
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:42 AM 04-04-2020

Anyone on here have a dental problem during this hit me up. I’ll do my best to take care of you. Just ask that you pay it forward during this
Are you in KC or one of the nearby areas? If so, I'd love to see if my dental insurance includes you (Ameritas).

Question for ya. I had that tooth extracted 3 weeks and 4 days ago. The hole seems to finally be filling in nicely but still get wicked throbbing pain every now and then. Mostly at night when I sleep on my right side which is where the extraction was.

I'm assuming it is just bone regrowth into where the root of the tooth was as I don't have any puss coming out or bad breath.

Sound about right?

/you are a very good dude for not only accepting barter from the locals to get work done but then coming on here and offering assistance during a financial pinch.
[Reply]
O.city 10:02 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Are you in KC or one of the nearby areas? If so, I'd love to see if my dental insurance includes you (Ameritas).

Question for ya. I had that tooth extracted 3 weeks and 4 days ago. The hole seems to finally be filling in nicely but still get wicked throbbing pain every now and then. Mostly at night when I sleep on my right side which is where the extraction was.

I'm assuming it is just bone regrowth into where the root of the tooth was as I don't have any puss coming out or bad breath.

Sound about right?

/you are a very good dude for not only accepting barter from the locals to get work done but then coming on here and offering assistance during a financial pinch.
Sadly no I’m in Springfield so not to close to kc

Which tooth did you have extracted if you don’t mind me asking?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:08 AM 04-04-2020
Sadly no I’m in Springfield so not to close to kc

Which tooth did you have extracted if you don’t mind me asking?
Second pre-molar. Top right.

Well shit... that sucks for me. Hope some Springfieldian CP'ers can use your services!
[Reply]
O.city 10:18 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Second pre-molar. Top right.

Well shit... that sucks for me. Hope some Springfieldian CP'ers can use your services!
There may have been some sinus issues when the extraction was done. That’s common in those teeth. I would monitor it, maybe do some nasal decongestant and see how it goes
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:24 AM 04-04-2020
There may have been some sinus issues when the extraction was done. That’s common in those teeth. I would monitor it, maybe do some nasal decongestant and see how it goes
Will do! Thank you!
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 12:20 PM 04-04-2020

Wow, this is very generous.

I don't have any dental issues, but this inspires me to make a similar offer. I'm a divorce lawyer--if anyone needs a divorce (KS only, sorry everyone else!) get in touch with me and I'll see what I can do. My practice niche is kind of narrow, so I can't guarantee that I can help, but it can't hurt to shoot me a PM.

Hopefully nobody needs to take me up on that offer! :-)

O.City is right--things are ugly out there. My revenue has dropped by more than 75%, but thankfully I'm fortunate enough that it's not going to ruin me. I know not everyone is so lucky, so I'm happy to pitch in and help a fellow CP'er if I can.
[Reply]
O.city 12:31 PM 04-04-2020
Heads up my man. After this quarantine stuff divorces will skyrocket
[Reply]
Page 17 of 39
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up