ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 791
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198598 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
O.city 01:04 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And without a secondary, it won't matter. Just like it didn't in 2018.
Heres the thing man, it did matter. 2018 was a pretty massive success whether we acknowledge it or not.

They've completely overhauled the defensive coaching staff and such. I just can't see it being as bad as it was even if they just kept the same exact personnel.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 03-04-2019
Ok, so that’s why you keep Ford and get rid of Houston or vice versa
[Reply]
O.city 01:06 PM 03-04-2019
I'm not suggesting trading Hill guys.

I wouldn't do it.

But just looking outside the box and talking. You could trade for Odell, tag and trade Hill after this season and recoup some of the Odell picks and you wouldn't have to deal with a contract dispute
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:07 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
With the way the rules are in the NFL right now, the Chiefs built the defense the right way.

Look at how the Eagles won the SB last year.

Dominant front 7.
The Chiefs don't have a dominant front 7. They have a pass rush. There's a big difference.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:08 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ok, so that’s why you keep Ford and get rid of Houston or vice versa
Where's the money going to come from? For Ford's money, you could get Patrick Peterson AND another player. You could get guys that could actually play instead of being hurt all the time.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:09 PM 03-04-2019
Fans will be pleasantly surprised by the secondary next year. Veach knows very well he needs to go big there and that's part of the reason why Houston is being let go.

I have no idea what will happen with Berry though.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:14 PM 03-04-2019
Without a pass rush, even the best corners will get beat badly. Nobody can cover for 5+ seconds on a consistent basis. Not at this level.

The problem with the secondary for most of the season last year was talent. Scandrick, Murray and Parker were god awful.

Say what you want, with that pass rush, the Chiefs had three INT’s off Brady (1 obviously nullified).
[Reply]
staylor26 01:14 PM 03-04-2019
Where's the money going to come from? For Ford's money, you could get Patrick Peterson AND another player. You could get guys that could actually play instead of being hurt all the time.
First off, show me the report that Peterson is on the trade block because “you could get” sounds like a big assumption. There’s been 0 noise on Peterson or even Rhodes being available.

And if you lose both Ford and Houston, it’s very unlikely that our pass rush wouldn’t drop off significantly. If you keep one you can still add to the secondary while not completely losing your pass rush.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:15 PM 03-04-2019
Some fans take the passrush for granted and/or don't see how important it is to maintain that great passrush because of the fact the defense was bad last year despite the passrush.

Just releasing Houston will give the Chiefs around 23M in cap space after the draft picks have been signed.

When you take into account the possible release of the likes of Berry, Sorensen, Murray, Ragland, etc that's plenty enough to get the help needed in FA to shore up the secondary.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:22 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Fans will be pleasantly surprised by the secondary next year. Veach knows very well he needs to go big there and that's part of the reason why Houston is being let go.

I have no idea what will happen with Berry though.
Berry will be back
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:23 PM 03-04-2019
Some fans take the passrush for granted and/or don't see how important it is to maintain that great passrush because of the fact the defense was bad last year despite the passrush.

Just releasing Houston will give the Chiefs around 23M in cap space after the draft picks have been signed.

When you take into account the possible release of the likes of Berry, Sorensen, Murray, Ragland, etc that's plenty enough to get the help needed in FA to shore up the secondary.
Berry is staying as for Sorensen I hope we keep him. Only player worth a damn on defense in the AFC championship game
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:27 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
First off, show me the report that Peterson is on the trade block because “you could get” sounds like a big assumption. There’s been 0 noise on Peterson or even Rhodes being available.

And if you lose both Ford and Houston, it’s very unlikely that our pass rush wouldn’t drop off significantly. If you keep one you can still add to the secondary while not completely losing your pass rush.
And if Ford gets hurt, our pass rush drops off significantly AND we're out $16M.

No thanks.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:29 PM 03-04-2019
You keep posting this false Narrative that Ford is hurt all the time. I get that you don't like him, but he is not as fragile as you make him out to be.

2014 16 Games
2015 14 Games
2016 15 Games with 10 Sacks
2017 6 Games- had back surgery 2 Sacks
2018 16 Games with 13 Sacks- a nice rebound year.

If you take out 2017 when he had a major back problem, Dee has only missed 3 games in the other 4 years. Dee was our best pass rusher last year.

Unless you have some info that his back is injured again- it does not make much sense to keep posting that it is a certainty that he will be hurt again. I would think that having great years sandwiched around a year he was hurt- shows his true talent as a 10 to 13 sack guy a year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:29 PM 03-04-2019

Berry isn't getting released. Ford will take up 16 of the 23M. The rookies will take 4-5M. They'll probably re-up Hill and there goes the rest.

I'm not taking the pass rush for granted at all.

It's most of you who are taking it for granted that Ford is just going to repeat 2018 despite ANY evidence of him ever being able to do something like that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:30 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
You keep posting this false Narrative that Ford is hurt all the time. I get that you don't like him, but he is not as fragile as you make him out to be.

2014 16 Games
2015 14 Games
2016 15 Games with 10 Sacks
2017 6 Games- had back surgery 2 Sacks
2018 16 Games with 13 Sacks- a nice rebound year.

If you take out 2017 when he had a major back problem, Dee has only missed 3 games in the other 4 years. Dee was our best pass rusher last year.

Unless you have some info that his back is injured again- it does not make much sense to keep posting that it is a certainty that he will be hurt again. I would think that having great years sandwiched around a year he was hurt- shows his true talent as a 10 to 13 sack guy a year.
He's had 3 back injuries and 2 back surgeries. Normally I would ignore college but when the college career is AN EXACT MIRROR IMAGE of his NFL career, it's impossible to ignore.

The guy has had multiple injuries to both knees, a severe abdominal tear, multiple groin injuries, at least 2 concussions, and then the back issues.

To pretend he isn't injury prone is laughable. It's not a false narrative, it's FACT.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 791
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198598 > Last »
Up