ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 791
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122522 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
BossChief 11:07 PM 02-17-2019
Collins
Dix
Joyner
Thomas
Amos
Honey badger

Any of those guys would be a massive upgrade to the defense.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:36 PM 02-17-2019
Guys I’d like KC to bring in in FA

Jesse James would be a perfect for behind Kelce as a physical blocker and decent receiving threat
Landon Collins/Earl Thomas either one would help the defense BIG TIME.
Kareem Jackson would be a bargain player due to age, but has played at a high level the last couple years and could step right in and play while some kids develop. He would give us 3 good corners.
Trey Flowers/Brandon Graham obviously Flowers would be a lot of money, but would be a great fit and would help Daly teach they way he wants it done. If his price tag is too high, Graham would be a good get for 2 years.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:43 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Lol

Reid’s deal was basically HALF of the average per year Berry got. That IS a bargain basement signing.

7m a year for a star player at any position is NOTHING. Especially one that’s good in coverage in today’s NFL.
Reid a star player? LOL. Limited box safety who had a nice rebound season in a scheme that knows how to use him. He can get exposed in coverage. Berry’s deal skewed the market.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:44 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
This.

You could probably sign Landon Collins for 10m per.
If he doesn’t get tagged I bet you he fetches between $11-12 million per.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:49 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Reid a star player? LOL. Limited box safety who had a nice rebound season in a scheme that knows how to use him. He can get exposed in coverage. Berry’s deal skewed the market.
And if last year is any indication, Berry's deal has skewed the market in the other direction now.

We'll see how it plays out, but it would appear that Safety is a lesser valued position, and with people shelling out the big bucks for Corners, we'll see.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:36 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Would LOVE to see Thomas in a Chiefs' uniform. 3yr deal. Sadly, he'll probably go to the Cowboys. They have a ton of cap space.
Dak, Zeke and Cooper deals coming up shortly means money is gonna be tight for them I think. Plus they're probably gonna tag Lawrence again.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:44 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Guys I’d like KC to bring in in FA

Jesse James would be a perfect for behind Kelce as a physical blocker and decent receiving threat
Landon Collins/Earl Thomas either one would help the defense BIG TIME.
Kareem Jackson would be a bargain player due to age, but has played at a high level the last couple years and could step right in and play while some kids develop. He would give us 3 good corners.
Trey Flowers/Brandon Graham obviously Flowers would be a lot of money, but would be a great fit and would help Daly teach they way he wants it done. If his price tag is too high, Graham would be a good get for 2 years.
Kareem Jackson got toasted regularly this year. He was terrible. Other than that, I like the list.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:43 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Houston is your SLB.

They have to give the starting MLB to Hitchens because of his contract and previous play in a 4-3 in Dallas but I am not sure he will return to his 2017 form. He was a major disappointment last year and I'm not really buying that it was just because of the scheme change. You see him slow and tentative on many plays and it had nothing to do with the scheme IMO.

I really believe the Chiefs will be drafting a LB with one of their early picks.
"Tentative" is EXACLTY what Sutton's scheme asks its linebackers to be.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:06 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Houston is your SLB.

They have to give the starting MLB to Hitchens because of his contract and previous play in a 4-3 in Dallas but I am not sure he will return to his 2017 form. He was a major disappointment last year and I'm not really buying that it was just because of the scheme change. You see him slow and tentative on many plays and it had nothing to do with the scheme IMO.

I really believe the Chiefs will be drafting a LB with one of their early picks.
You really want to see Houston in coverage 40-50% of the time? At $21 million or even restructured he'd be the highest paid player on your defense? Does that make sense to you? Because every time a TE or back goes into the pattern or the flat, Houston will be in coverage. As a rule.

I agree we'll probably draft a LB with the intent to play him soon; I also think we may well sign one in FA. I disagree that Houston is a SAM. He could be a LEO. he could play either DE, really. Or he can be a 3-4 OLB somewhere else.

I'm leaning towards thinking that Ford may be back on the tag and Houston may be gone. It makes the most financial sense.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:20 PM 02-18-2019
The KSHB-TV 4th and 1 podcast with Nick Jacobs and Todd Palmer had Joel Corry on recently. He speculated that Houston and his agent would not be open to a restructure as he could get a healthy open market deal. Corry also commented on the delicate Berry situation and was baffled that he had yet to have a surgery (so far as anyone knows).

Corry seemed to be of the persuasion that he could see the Chiefs parting ways with both Houston and Berry for cap relief, while tagging Dee Ford was the no-brainer move of the off-season. He suspects that most of the tag eligible edge defenders will be tagged with maybe the exceptions of Trey Flowers and Demarcus Lawrence. He said the safety market FA contracts will get a boost as indicative of Reid’s recent deal, and the fact there is elite talent in this year’s group. He thinks Amos will be pursued by Denver (Fangio connection) and sees the Chiefs pursuing Thomas.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:39 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
The KSHB-TV 4th and 1 podcast with Nick Jacobs and Todd Palmer had Joel Corry on recently. He speculated that Houston and his agent would not be open to a restructure as he could get a healthy open market deal. Corry also commented on the delicate Berry situation and was baffled that he had yet to have a surgery (so far as anyone knows).

Corry seemed to be of the persuasion that he could see the Chiefs parting ways with both Houston and Berry for cap relief, while tagging Dee Ford was the no-brainer move of the off-season. He suspects that most of the tag eligible edge defenders will be tagged with maybe the exceptions of Trey Flowers and Demarcus Lawrence. He said the safety market FA contracts will get a boost as indicative of Reid’s recent deal, and the fact there is elite talent in this year’s group. He thinks Amos will be pursued by Denver (Fangio connection) and sees the Chiefs pursuing Thomas.
Yup. Houston got $52.5 million from us in guaranteed money from his big contract. Why would he restructure when he could just ask to be released and be a viable commodity on the open market?

Houston is 30 now, so he’s right on the line where teams think he’s still got juice left in the tank to warrant a nice deal. All of the major pass rushers will surely be tagged, so he would likely be among the best option on the market in a league that is desperate for pass rushers.

I’m thinking that he could get around $20 million guaranteed in a new deal if he hit the market.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:42 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup. Houston got $52.5 million from us in guaranteed money from his big contract. Why would he restructure when he could just ask to be released and be a viable commodity on the open market?

Houston is 30 now, so he’s right on the line where teams think he’s still got juice left in the tank to warrant a nice deal. All of the major pass rushers will surely be tagged, so he would likely be among the best option on the market in a league that is desperate for pass rushers.

I’m thinking that he could get around $20 million guaranteed in a new deal if he hit the market.
per year? I kind of doubt it. But I agree with the rest of your post; he's probably gone. Which...is kind of a bummer, really, I'd rather have kept him than Ford. We'll probably keep Ford on the tag and draft a DE/Edge, which is fine.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:44 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Not if he has to wait till June 1st...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:44 PM 02-18-2019
I’d love to keep Houston at the right price, but again, we won plenty of games without him since 2015 and that isn’t going to stop if he leaves.

Pay him what he is worth and nothing more.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:45 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
per year? I kind of doubt it. But I agree with the rest of your post; he's probably gone. Which...is kind of a bummer, really, I'd rather have kept him than Ford. We'll probably keep Ford on the tag and draft a DE/Edge, which is fine.
This draft is heavy on pass rushers and most teams are looking for 3-4olbs.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 791
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122522 > Last »
Up