ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 791
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Chargem 11:51 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Tag and trade Ford and a 2nd to GB for a 1st and 4th
Trade Jones to Atlanta for 1st and 2020 3rd
Cut Berry (if possible, since we don't have clear direction one way or the other yet)

That gives KC picks 9, 29, and 30 in round 1. Trade 29 and 61 to MIN for # 18.

Draft Devin White, ILB at 9
Draft Byron Murphy, CB at 18
Draft Nassir Adderley, FS at 30
Draft Kingsley Keke, DT at 63

Profit.
I think if I was trading Jones I would want one of the DT guys in the draft, like a Wilkins in the 1st or Simmons in the 2nd.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:53 AM 02-17-2019
Amos and Barr are the guys at the top of my wish list. Get one of those and I’ll be ecstatic.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:50 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Amos and Barr are the guys at the top of my wish list. Get one of those and I’ll be ecstatic.
Man I don't know much about either guy. I have heard "analysts" talking about Barr lately though. Is he as hit and miss in coverage as they make him come off?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:39 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Tag and trade Ford and a 2nd to GB for a 1st and 4th
Trade Jones to Atlanta for 1st and 2020 3rd
Cut Berry (if possible, since we don't have clear direction one way or the other yet)

That gives KC picks 9, 29, and 30 in round 1. Trade 29 and 61 to MIN for # 18.

Draft Devin White, ILB at 9
Draft Byron Murphy, CB at 18
Draft Nassir Adderley, FS at 30
Draft Kingsley Keke, DT at 63

Profit.
I think it's at least a year too soon to trade Jones. I think you extend him this year, and if there's a mid to high #1 offer you'd be listening, but you can't have a defense that's almost ALL rookies.
[Reply]
O.city 02:20 PM 02-17-2019
I’m there with Amos but with Barr man, that’s gonna be a lot of money tied up in off ball linebackers that don’t rush the passer

If they wanna give a big deal like that go trade and extend a corner imo
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:03 PM 02-17-2019
Chiefs need SLB help.

Hitchens excelled at MLB w/ Dallas in 2017, so I assume they're having Hitchens at MLB.

Dorian O'Daniel or a draft pick (Devin Bush would be nice) would fill at WLB.

They currently don't have the personnel to fill the SLB spot. Ragland has no place in this defense. Neimann shouldn't be considered a realistic choice either. The LB depth on this team was awful.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:25 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Chiefs need SLB help.

Hitchens excelled at MLB w/ Dallas in 2017, so I assume they're having Hitchens at MLB.

Dorian O'Daniel or a draft pick (Devin Bush would be nice) would fill at WLB.

They currently don't have the personnel to fill the SLB spot. Ragland has no place in this defense. Neimann shouldn't be considered a realistic choice either. The LB depth on this team was awful.
Houston is your SLB.

They have to give the starting MLB to Hitchens because of his contract and previous play in a 4-3 in Dallas but I am not sure he will return to his 2017 form. He was a major disappointment last year and I'm not really buying that it was just because of the scheme change. You see him slow and tentative on many plays and it had nothing to do with the scheme IMO.

I really believe the Chiefs will be drafting a LB with one of their early picks.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:15 PM 02-17-2019
Ronald Darby will be allowed to leave Philly according to THIS . Do we take him and still draft a CB early? And how do we feel about Charvious Ward moving forward? Imo he looked very impressive down the stretch and can only get better.
[Reply]
mcaj22 08:19 PM 02-17-2019
Barr and Darby both stink I cant believe some of you want to overpay for those guys
[Reply]
RunKC 08:56 PM 02-17-2019
I think Amos might get filthy money dude. Earl Thomas is great but he’s injury prone and old. He might be the best safety on the market.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:14 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think Amos might get filthy money dude. Earl Thomas is great but he’s injury prone and old. He might be the best safety on the market.
Agreed.

After seeing Eric Reid’s deal, the days of the bargain bin free agent safety are over.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:16 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Agreed.

After seeing Eric Reid’s deal, the days of the bargain bin free agent safety are over.
Anyone know why we didn't sign Reid last season?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:18 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Would LOVE to see Thomas in a Chiefs' uniform. 3yr deal. Sadly, he'll probably go to the Cowboys. They have a ton of cap space.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:40 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Agreed.

Lol

Reid’s deal was basically HALF of the average per year Berry got. That IS a bargain basement signing.

7m a year for a star player at any position is NOTHING. Especially one that’s good in coverage in today’s NFL.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:49 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Lol

Reid’s deal was basically HALF of the average per year Berry got. That IS a bargain basement signing.

7m a year for a star player at any position is NOTHING. Especially one that’s good in coverage in today’s NFL.
This.

You could probably sign Landon Collins for 10m per.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 791
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121521 > Last »
Up