ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 983 of 1207
« First < 483883933973979980981982983 98498598698799310331083 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:25 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
ERECTION ACHIEVED!!! - WOW THAT IS SOMETHING I LOVE AND HAVEN'T HAD IN AGES.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:26 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Chuck roast with carrots and mushrooms.
What's your herb and spice game?

Got a Angus roast in the freezer and some Idahoans and carrots starting to age.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:39 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What's your herb and spice game?

Got a Angus roast in the freezer and some Idahoans and carrots starting to age.
Seared the roast in olive oil and butter in my cast iron. Really got a nice crust on it, like you would want on a ribeye almost.

I did a can of beef broth, about a cup of red wine, two bay leaves, teaspoon each of rosemary and thyme. Salt, pepper, couple of big onions, celery stalk, 7 garlic cloves peeled and smashed. Pretty straight forward but it turned out nice and the gravy was fucking great. Sorry for the involved response but I figure that's better than being vague.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:52 PM 04-03-2020
Leftover carne asada breakfast tacos for dinner.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:54 PM 04-03-2020
Seared the roast in olive oil and butter in my cast iron. Really got a nice crust on it, like you would want on a ribeye almost.

I did a can of beef broth, about a cup of red wine, two bay leaves, teaspoon each of rosemary and thyme. Salt, pepper, couple of big onions, celery stalk, 7 garlic cloves peeled and smashed. Pretty straight forward but it turned out nice and the gravy was fucking great. Sorry for the involved response but I figure that's better than being vague.
Didn't know if you tossed in any other sweet or savory, . . . mustard powder, paprika, Worcestershire, brown sugar/molasses, etc. Thought you'd at least thickened with something, flour or corn starch.

Appreciate the reply. . .
[Reply]
Pablo 09:01 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Didn't know if you tossed in any other sweet or savory, . . . mustard powder, paprika, Worcestershire, brown sugar/molasses, etc. Thought you'd at least thickened with something, flour or corn starch.
Shit, yeah I threw in about a tbsp of Worcestershire and another tbsp of apple cider vinegar about halfway through the cook as my need to tinker was increasing. Also threw in a wilted stalk of celery.

The gravy was strained and then cooked with a cornstarch slurry. So yeah, a lot of those things were present too, no sugar though. Although I might put a bit of brown sugar in the rub before I cook it next time. That's part of the problem with cooking in a crockpot. You keep fucking with it and you might take twice as long or ruin it or you might turn out with something awesome.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:08 PM 04-03-2020
As far as Worcestershire goes I'm a brand loyalist to Lea&Perrins. I've tried at least five other brands and been disappointed with how badly they sucked ass compared to L&P.

I really do feel like that brand in particular is a game changer if you use the sauce in any regular fashion. Also a healthy shot of tomato paste will help your roast out.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:15 PM 04-03-2020
I do have a tube of anchovy paste in the fridge for Caesar dressing. I bet that would give a nice boost to a beef dish as well.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:18 PM 04-03-2020
Shit, yeah I threw in about a tbsp of Worcestershire and another tbsp of apple cider vinegar about halfway through the cook as my need to tinker was increasing. Also threw in a wilted stalk of celery.

The gravy was strained and then cooked with a cornstarch slurry. So yeah, a lot of those things were present too, no sugar though. Although I might put a bit of brown sugar in the rub before I cook it next time. That's part of the problem with cooking in a crockpot. You keep fucking with it and you might take twice as long or ruin it or you might turn out with something awesome.
As far as Worcestershire goes I'm a brand loyalist to Lea&Perrins. I've tried at least five other brands and been disappointed with how badly they sucked ass compared to L&P.

I really do feel like that brand in particular is a game changer if you use the sauce in any regular fashion. Also a healthy shot of tomato paste will help your roast out.
I do have a tube of anchovy paste in the fridge for Caesar dressing. I bet that would give a nice boost to a beef dish as well.
I'VE CREATED A MONSTER!!!!!

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:01 PM 04-03-2020

It's the only kind I use too. All the others, often cheaper, are just horrid and usually watered down. None of them do it like Lea & Perrins.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:47 PM 04-04-2020
Made the smoked meatloaf. I don’t make as pretty of food as you guys, but this was fucking good. I’m definitely doing this again.

Got a little dry, but it was still good. Yes I did take the ends. Because fuck you that’s why.

Never mind the crappy Mac and cheese and canned green beans. We’re running short on sides these days.

[Reply]
Pablo 06:07 PM 04-04-2020
It's pitmaster's privilege to take the ends. That's your right. Now you're lined up for days worth of meatloaf sandwiches..the true reason meatloaf exists. The crust on those looks fucking great btw.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:08 PM 04-04-2020
Cheeseburgers with eggs on the griddle. And fried potatoes and onions also

Yeah
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:11 PM 04-04-2020
Smoked pulled chicken enchiladas.

That broiled cotija cheese was the show.

[Reply]
philfree 06:13 PM 04-04-2020
The wife took good care of me tonight and made one of my favorite meals. Ham & Beans with some Salmon Patties, Jalapeno Cornbread and Fried Potato Rounds. It was so good but now I am in pain. Talk about a diet buster. Damn!
[Reply]
Page 983 of 1207
« First < 483883933973979980981982983 98498598698799310331083 > Last »
Up