ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Ricky Seals-Jones
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:27 PM 04-03-2020

The Chiefs have reached an agreement with TE Ricky Seals-Jones, a source tells me.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 3, 2020

[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 01:40 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just tell me he had better hands than Harris did
He had better hands than Harris did.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:44 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Well done. You get an "Employee of the Month" parking spot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:51 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Jones is a better all-around TE2 than any they have had paired with Kelce.

That’s exciting. With his size and speed he can really make teams pay for not paying attention to him.
Agreed, which is why he doesn't need to be Zach Ertz to be effective in the Chiefs offense, which is laden with weapons at every level.

Just the mere threat of another skilled receiver should be enough to open up this offense just a bit wider, which is super exciting.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:55 PM 04-04-2020
Incompletrious Harris even got open plenty of times simply bc teams lost track of him. There were consistent occasions were he was wide open and he scored on a few of them.

Jones looks like he’s got the athleticism of Harris with hands that actually catch the ball.

Man if we get a new LG and complimentary back, this could be the best offense in history.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:27 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
I miss Seal. I miss his scarred face. I miss his white shirts flailing in the wind. I miss everything.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:31 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Agreed, which is why he doesn't need to be Zach Ertz to be effective in the Chiefs offense, which is laden with weapons at every level.

Just the mere threat of another skilled receiver should be enough to open up this offense just a bit wider, which is super exciting.
Yeah, exactly. I was looking at Troutman out of Dayton as a potential add in the 4th for KC, but that type of stab can wait a year now.

As long as they have Mahomes and 3 playmakers for him, the rest of the pieces can be more complementary. Hill, Kelce, and Watkins set that up.

That is why I’m cool with spending an early pick on a WR/RB who can fill the role when Watkins leaves after this year and be primed to be one of those playmakers in future years. Seems like a good year to lock up that WR opposite Hill.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:36 PM 04-13-2020

Former #Chiefs TE Demetrius Harris helped persuade Ricky Seals-Jones to sign with Kansas City https://t.co/P05CW26Zp5

— Chiefs Wire (@TheChiefsWire) April 13, 2020

[Reply]
Halfcan 06:11 PM 04-13-2020
“Crazy fanbase,” Seals-Jones said. “That fanbase is, I would say, top five in the NFL. Great atmosphere. I’m excited to be a part of it and not against it.”

Wait until the Home Opener- he will be bumping us up to #1.
[Reply]
Cosmos 06:19 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
So did Jim Abbott.
[Reply]
FAX 06:36 PM 04-13-2020
I just listened to his "conference call" (available on your local utoob channel). I put "conference call" in quotes because, IMHO, it was more incomprehensible static than "call" and interrogation than "conference".

Anyhow, he seems nice and all. I found the revelation that he discussed the Chiefs organization with Stonehands to be interesting ... moreso because he said Stonehands spoke highly of the franchise, the lockerroom culture, and the way the team is run. I'm not sure I would have expected that. I'm also a bit surprised that anybody would take Stonehands' opinion on much of anything.

I felt a little bad for the dude, though. The questions were the typically lame ones we have come to expect from KC media-types (particularly the ones from the local radio stations) and he seemed a bit stumped a few times (due, no doubt, to his attempt to figure out what the actual question was).

However, I'm skeptical that any newbie will find it easy to integrate into this offense given a limited off-season program. Moving from the Chute Pickles to the Super Bowl Champions is not going to be a seamless transition.

FAX
[Reply]
bowener 08:39 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Incompletrious Harris even got open plenty of times simply bc teams lost track of him. There were consistent occasions were he was wide open and he scored on a few of them.

Jones looks like he’s got the athleticism of Harris with hands that actually catch the ball.

Man if we get a new LG and complimentary back, this could be the best offense in history.
If there is any delay to the offseason I fully expect the Chiefs offense to break all records for production. Since nearly the entire starting 11 is being brought back they most likely will not require a lot of time to get in sync. If the Chiefs find a legitimate rushing threat I really don't know who could stop them. The Ravens are obviously building a defense to stop our passing attack, so it would be nice to have a strong rushing attack to help beat teams like them.
[Reply]
bowener 08:42 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
“Crazy fanbase,” Seals-Jones said. “That fanbase is, I would say, top five in the NFL. Great atmosphere. I’m excited to be a part of it and not against it.”

Wait until the Home Opener- he will be bumping us up to #1.
Without a viable vaccine, I don't know if the home opener will have much of a crowd if one is allowed at all.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:03 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
Without a viable vaccine, I don't know if the home opener will have much of a crowd if one is allowed at all.
I like to know who he rates higher, it's a backhanded compliment
[Reply]
TRR 10:17 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Jones is a better all-around TE2 than any they have had paired with Kelce.

That’s exciting. With his size and speed he can really make teams pay for not paying attention to him.
I would argue Anthony Fasano was the best pairing with Kelce. Unfortunately, it only lasted one year with Kelce missing all of his rookie season.

I am excited for Seals-Jones though. That was a good under the radar signing that other AFC West fans will be jealous of midway through the season.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:42 PM 04-14-2020
To the Chip!
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up