ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs and Chris Jones working towards a long term deal. .
DTVietnam 06:19 AM 04-03-2020
not sure how valid this source is. .

The #Chiefs are planning to keep DL Chris Jones.

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

The #Chiefs & Jones will work towards a long-term deal even though it will be very tough. Both sides have interest. Let’s see what happens.

News came from @AdamSchefter

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:42 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
He spent his first 3 years in the 3-4, was drafted into the 3-4, and you think he's not a scheme fit?
I think Brendan Daly is the best thing to ever happen to Chris Jones. He’s going to make him a more complete player. I’ll trade the few extra gaudy sack stats he attained under Sutton for the ability to keep him on the field every down and be a dependable run stopper. He wasn’t perfect, but improved a ton being able to play between disciplined edge setters this past year. Don’t get me wrong - Jones is elite - that’s why I want him to remain in KC, but I doubt teams are lining up with huge offers to attain him given both the potential financial and compensation costs.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:11 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I think Brendan Daly is the best thing to ever happen to Chris Jones. He’s going to make him a more complete player. I’ll trade the few extra gaudy sack stats he attained under Sutton for the ability to keep him on the field every down and be a dependable run stopper. He wasn’t perfect, but improved a ton being able to play between disciplined edge setters this past year. Don’t get me wrong - Jones is elite - that’s why I want him to remain in KC, but I doubt teams are lining up with huge offers to attain him given both the potential financial and compensation costs.
What if, and follow me here. It had nothing to do with 3-4 or 4-3, but more to do with Bob Sutton and him just not getting the most out of some players?
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:13 PM 04-13-2020
DeForest Buckner went to the Colts for number 13 and got a contract but Jones will only bring a 2? GTFO of here with that bull shit
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:28 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
DeForest Buckner went to the Colts for number 13 and got a contract but Jones will only bring a 2? GTFO of here with that bull shit
Not sure who you are targeting here - I’ve never suggested as such. If I’m Brett Veach, my ask for Jones is astronomical, and rightly so. I just don’t see many teams in a position to pay the compensation price plus take on the salary he will command on a long-term deal. I have always advocated for the Chiefs to re-sign Jones to an extension because everybody knows what he is in Kansas City, and that is one of the best players in the NFL.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:31 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
The Colts set the market for him. They gave up #13 overall in a loaded draft and then gave a huge contract to a slightly lesser player.

Teams that want him should be coming with huge offers. They probably won't find someone desperate enough in the NFC to add interior rush presence to pay quite that price, but someone willing to send a late first and another pick or two, depending on their location, is a reasonable expectation.

If the Chiefs really are listening on Jones, the Seahawks and Bucs are teams that seem like logical trade partners. Ditto on any other contender or wannabe contender that has the cap room (Minnesota? Lions? shit, even teams in other divisions of the AFC like the Browns or Dolphins could be fits).

Because the draft is so wild, we might see teams a little more willing to move a pick for proven producers, especially ones who are elite and just now getting to deal #2.

But I think it's all moot. The Chiefs are going to find a way to extend him.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:32 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by chiefpat49:
Heard Teicher on the radio today with Petro, says chiefs have no leverage with Jones and the NFL teams knows it, he thinks they will have to settle for about what they got for Dee Ford, if he is traded, so that would be a late 2nd in 2021.

I would be pissed if that is all we got. I have never been against trading Jones as long as the compensation was fair, but if it comes down to paying him $100 mill and not being able to operate in free agency the next year or two or giving him away, I would rather keep him.
This is who I was targeting with my post. And anyone else saying we would or should only get a 2.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up