Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
FAX 09:26 PM 02-12-2020
Is a baller.

That's it. That's the thread.

FAX
[Reply]
TEX 01:33 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Sammy wasn't even that great when he was here. We've never had anything but TE1 and WR1. This year we dont even have a WR1. Mahomes is that good. Stop dicking around and get some god damned wide receivers and then see what Mahomes will do.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
J Diddy 01:42 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Please restate your post in the form of a haiku. :-)

I intervened on others behalf. I'm not what this board deserves, I'm what it haves.

Sammy watkins was a baller
Wish he was a little bit
Taller if good we call him
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:58 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Sammy wasn't even that great when he was here. We've never had anything but TE1 and WR1. This year we dont even have a WR1. Mahomes is that good. Stop dicking around and get some god damned wide receivers and then see what Mahomes will do.
KC's offence between when they had Sammy on the field and when the didn't was noticeably different regardless of his individual stats.

The D had to account for him which helped opened things up for that TE1 and WR1 and he was a good run blocker.

Part of why Hill gets so completely open on Wasp is because the D is covering Kelce and Sammy around the first down marker.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:14 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
KC's offence between when they had Sammy on the field and when the didn't was noticeably different regardless of his individual stats.

The D had to account for him which helped opened things up for that TE1 and WR1 and he was a good run blocker.

Part of why Hill gets so completely open on Wasp is because the D is covering Kelce and Sammy around the first down marker.
I agree. Still doesnt mean Sammy was very good.

Mahomes with two real wide receivers and kelce throws 60 Tds.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:58 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Yep. Sammy had that WR#1 mode where he could roast #1 corners and therefore had to be accounted for on the field. We saw him go into that mode maybe for 7-8 games total while he was here, but four of those games were playoff games, and they were glorious. We haven’t had a WR#2 with that gear since.

Anymore I think his hamstrings are completely gone, though. He seems to have lost that extra gear off the line since his last injury stint here.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:59 PM 12-19-2022
Bring him in for a limp?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:24 PM 12-20-2022
Back with the Ravens and reunited with Backwards Demarcus Robinson.

The #Ravens claimed WR Sammy Watkins off waivers, per source.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) December 20, 2022

[Reply]
New World Order 04:28 PM 12-20-2022
People forget he was our leading postseason receiver during our SB run.

He played a huge part.

God speed Sammy.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:29 PM 12-20-2022
sign him for a day so he can retire a Chief
[Reply]
Coogs 07:02 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Back with the Ravens and reunited with Backwards Demarcus Robinson.

How does a 29 year old receiver with multiple years in the NFL have to go through waviers? I thought guys like Watkins could go where ever they wanted to do when released?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:16 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
How does a 29 year old receiver with multiple years in the NFL have to go through waviers? I thought guys like Watkins could go where ever they wanted to do when released?
Vets have to go to the waiver wire if it's after the trade deadline.
[Reply]
Bump 07:22 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
People forget he was our leading postseason receiver during our SB run.

He played a huge part.

God speed Sammy.
ya he balled out in the playoffs, counts for something. Like Frank Clark, makes clutch plays but disappears in games during the reg season. It's not the worst trade off.
[Reply]
alanm 07:28 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Bring him in for a limp?
:-):-)Beautiful!!
[Reply]
BossChief 07:57 PM 12-20-2022
Thanks for the work you put in against the Titans in the AFCCG, bud.

Don’t get it twisted…you’re done in KC.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:02 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Vets have to go to the waiver wire if it's after the trade deadline.
Interesting! Did not know that.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 30
« First < 192526272829 30 >
Up