ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Hall of Classics>THANK YOU!!!! ( & Whoo Hooo, Some unbelievable luck!!!!!)
JOhn 02:33 PM 12-23-2003
I think I need to thank someone on here for entering my name in a free computer drawing, I think.

Apparently someone on here, or maybe some other person on the net entered my name to win a free computer to help me with my college work. Because last night when we got home from Billings, MT I found a large box sitting on my front porch, delivered via UPS. There was a letter attached to the box that read as follows:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Mr Edwards, your name was submitted on-line to us ( Compaq ) to be entered in a free drawing for one of the new computer's we are giving away this holiday season, for educational purposes. And in our recent drawing your name was drawn to WIN!! You are now the proud owner of a new Compaq Presario. The following person(s) submitted your name and a short letter telling why you should be considered for this gift. You can thank ____(A_fellow_CHIEFS_Fan)_____ for your new computer from Compaq. Congratulations & good luck in pursuing your education.

So to whomever submitted my name, THANK YOU.

This Christmas season has renewed my faith in my fellow man. Between this and a few other things I have received this year from other members here on CHIEFS PLANET, who wish to remain unmentioned by name, this is truly a wonderful Christmas.

THANK YOU ALL, AND MERRY CHRISTMAS. ALL of you will be in our prayers & thanks for a long time. And may the joy you have given to me & my family be repaid to you & yours many times over.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 05:11 PM 12-23-2003
That's great JOhn. However, IF the new PC was sent for your educational purposes, you should probably refrain from using it to surf the Planet and stay with the old P3 system for this place.

:-)

BTW, now you can point out to Cowgirl that HER computer is the slow one.:-):-)
[Reply]
JOhn 05:24 PM 12-23-2003
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
That's great JOhn. However, IF the new PC was sent for your educational purposes, you should probably refrain from using it to surf the Planet and stay with the old P3 system for this place.

BTW, now you can point out to Cowgirl that HER computer is the slow one.:-):-)
No, the old P3 died finally. HD & monitor are shot in it. But the oldest daughter that lives in KC, who is here for Christmas, would like to have it.
So I called the EX and she said If I wanted to give it to her, that would be great as she has a monitor for it. Gonna do so more checking for a used 20gig HD for it, and try and get it set up for her to use.
She has been wanting one for awhile, and considering she is an Honor roll student, and is in the High Achievement classes, I think she will put it to good use.

And yea, B has already tried to snag it. :-)

But this is just so fantastic, I really am still floored by the whole thing. It's gonna be great, as I have one course I'm taking over the net next semester, and I can sure use it for my Composition course also, without fear of lossing my work due to a system crash that has happened before. :-)
[Reply]
PastorMikH 06:20 PM 12-23-2003
So JOhn, will the video card in this new 'Puter handle all the air combat games you play when you're supposed to be studying? :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 06:29 PM 12-23-2003
Congratulations, JOhn. That's awesome. :-)
[Reply]
Michael Michigan 06:34 PM 12-23-2003
What a great story.

Congrats.

And w/o reading through this whole thread---has santa's elf fessed up yet?
[Reply]
Logical 08:56 PM 12-23-2003
So JOhn, will the video card in this new 'Puter handle all the air combat games you play when you're supposed to be studying? :-)
[Reply]
JOhn 09:45 PM 12-23-2003

But then again, that's what the wifes is for. :-)
[Reply]
JOhn 09:49 PM 12-23-2003
Originally Posted by Michael Michigan:
What a great story.

Congrats.

And w/o reading through this whole thread---has santa's elf fessed up yet?
Nope.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:57 PM 12-23-2003
Lucky SOB, Congrats.
[Reply]
alanm 10:15 PM 12-23-2003
Originally Posted by JOhn:
Yea, there's about 20 or so that do. :-)

But as Russ suggested, I will not inquire, I'll let them contact me if they wish. Or remain anonymous if that is their desire.

Just wanted to know that I won it, and a BIG THANKS. :-)
Now John, Just how many John Edwards are there in Cody? Whoever did it will never ever tell. Are you sure you didn't enter a contest late at night in a inebriated state of mind.?:-):-)
[Reply]
JOhn 10:19 PM 12-23-2003
Originally Posted by alanm:
Now John, Just how many John Edwards are there in Cody? Whoever did it will never ever tell. Are you sure you didn't enter a contest late at night in a inebriated state of mind.?:-):-)

I would have thought that myself, except for the part that said it was from "A fellow CHIEFS fan"
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:21 PM 12-23-2003

I would have thought that myself, except for the part that said it was from "A fellow CHIEFS fan"
stfu n00b!
[Reply]
go bo 10:21 PM 12-23-2003

hmmmmmmm... ugh!

maybe JoHn, him have what call "altar ego"... :-)

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
PastorMikH 11:41 PM 12-23-2003
Originally Posted by alanm:

Yeah right. This is JOhn we are talking about. You know, the guy that types like TK talks. Do you have any idea how illegible his typing would be if he had been drinking enough to forget entering a contest like this?

[Reply]
papasmurf 11:44 PM 12-23-2003

Are you a closet Chiefs fan?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up