ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Hall of Classics>Best Or Worst Retail Exp??????
CASHMAN 10:47 PM 01-07-2003
I was just wondering if any of you had a good or bad day at a retail store? or work at one and have some info into why some customers think they own the place they spend there money in? and why customer service has gone down hill??

CASHMAN.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:36 AM 01-09-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Above_Average
:-)
Not sleeping well?
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 01:38 AM 01-09-2003
No, mmaddog's wife won't ****ing go home already. :-)

[Reply]
stanleychief 01:39 AM 01-09-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by BRAD_CAUDLE

Bad example......

Perhaps that's where Above_Average set's me straight...:-)
You mean to tell me that some people on the Planet aren't the most courteous drivers? Say it isn't so! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Rausch 01:41 AM 01-09-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by stanleychief

You mean to tell me that some people on the Planet aren't the most courteous drivers? Say it isn't so! :-) :-)
Actually, I'm an azzhole...

This thread just happened to catch me when I was feeling maudlin....:-)
[Reply]
CASHMAN 11:59 AM 01-09-2003
I tip if my waiter is nice and fills my drink up and isnt a pest, i will tip 20% or better but if the waiter thanks that they should get a tip just because and gives bad service oh no they will not get a tip of 20% maybe like 5%. Its your job to serve no one made you take that job of say $2.50 an hour and tips? you want a tip you do the job and you will get one 100% of the time and i am not saying you should kiss peoples a$$, if the place is busy and i can see that i understand slow service but not no service.
some not all people in the restraunt service excpect a tip as soon as you sit down at there table, i eat at chillis alot and they know me there and still if i get good SVC a good TIP bad SVC little TIP.

Oh well its like alot of people say you wont know how they fill until you walk a mile in there shoes. a friend of mine says if most people that were rude to retail and restraunt people every worked in there industry wouldnt be. oh well remember you still have a job and you wake up every morning and are alive.

CASHMAN.
[Reply]
RNR 12:12 PM 01-09-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by pastormikh

Hey Redneck, didn't you mean to say "Rope" belt?

This statement really throws me though. The second part is so typical of a Riaderfan, but the real-person attire instead of a drag gettup really is offbeat for a :-).:-)

BTW, he'd probably completely lose it if you were to ask them to put some Dwight Yokum tunes on the musac speakers.
:-) I was out of line, guy just struck a nerve I don't make a habit out of letting people on a puter piss me off BTW make that some Hag or George Jones :-)
[Reply]
Calcountry 03:13 PM 04-21-2004
Originally Posted by Average_Assclown:
I happened to enjoy my job thoroughly when I didn't have to serve trash.
I was going to read the whole thread through then offer my 2 cents, since I have been in retail for 16 years both as an employee and now as an owner. But I got stopped right here.

I just got done waiting on an awesome customer who is moving to Chicago. I will miss waiting on him and the money that he spends freely here with no griping. But here is the point, the easy money pays the bills(overhead), my money or paycheck is made on the "marginal" customer. PG&E and the phone book MUST be paid first, if there is anything left over, then I get paid. So with that attitude, I try to turn marginal customers into good customers, good customers into great ones, and great ones into friends. You know, the kind who will stop by one more time before the move away and let you know the U Hall is packed.

And here is why I chose to reply to this post. You put the cart before the horse. It is your job to make that persons load a little lighter, cheer them up. Perhaps they got in a fight with the wife and the biotch won't cook supper, do you think that person may not be in a tipping mood. But perhaps after a good meal and good service they WILL tip.

Smell your own armpits for a change.
[Reply]
JazzzLovr 03:50 PM 04-21-2004
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider:
I don't wear any of the above other than boots, where do you work? I drive through your town from time to time. I be glad to try your food, and you will treat me right, believe that!

I missed this thread the first time around. I'm enjoying some of these responses. :-)
[Reply]
JazzzLovr 03:59 PM 04-21-2004
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I had a guy waitress last night...she was a nice guy.....so I tipped $5 on a $15 meal.
[Reply]
RNR 12:24 AM 05-01-2004
Originally Posted by JazzzLovr:

I missed this thread the first time around. I'm enjoying some of these responses. :-)
Dang Jazz you found one of the few threads that got me fired up! And that from a guy who has a chicks job! :-) I thought we were pals :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 12:45 AM 05-01-2004
Originally Posted by JazzzLovr:

Me too. This must have been started when I was still deeply hooked on Knights of the Old Republic.

If we're talking restaurants, one experience comes to mind.

1. Applebee's in Staten Island, in December of '97. I had just driven non-stop from Chicago to New York City in 12 hours, so I was more than a bit wiped out. We (me, the future Mrs. Frazod, my friend Scott and his wife Susan) got to Applebee's shortly before closing. Apparently they were also going to start their Christmas party as soon as the last customers left, so they were none too happy to see us straggle in at the last minute. And boy, did it show. You'd think they'd want to get us out of there quickly, but no - we were ignored. Finally Scott had to flag down a bitch of a waitress to even get drinks ordered. Scott (old Navy buddy) lives in Staten Island, and we had went there on his recommendation, so he was embarrassed and pissed. Anyway, it takes forever to get the drinks, and then we asked for bread sticks. When they were brought to the table, they were cold - and I mean ICE cold. When we complained, they were taken away and returned shortly, and obviously the bitch just took them in back and popped them in the microwave. When we got them back, they were warm but were so ruined by the nuking that neither Scott or myself could pull them apart, let alone bite into them. It was like trying to tear apart of chunk of solid rubber. At that point, we called the manager over, who was a complete, unapologetic dick. We both cussed him out and left, obviously without paying for the drinks (or the food orders that had already been started). IIRC, we ended up eating at Burger King, which was fine by me. I've never set foot in an Applebee's since.

I think Scott pocketed one of the rolls and took it home for his dog as a chew toy. That damn dog is probably still chewing on it. :-)
[Reply]
DanT 03:15 PM 05-01-2004
Eddie Bauer's gave me full replacement value on a jacket (whose waistband had been ruined by a dry-cleaner) even though I had bought the item a few years before and on sale. That impressed me.

Back around that same time, I was the administrator of my department's computer network and did a lot of the repairs and upgrades myself. I called AT&T and asked for a price for an OEM 40Mb hard-drive for one of their PCs and it was so ludicrously high ($750 or so when bigger hard-disks were running about $1/Mb) that it's in the running as my worst retail experience, even though I didn't buy it and all it did was make me laugh into the telephone. :-)
[Reply]
Ugly Duck 03:53 PM 05-01-2004
At the Moorings restraunt on Tortola in the British Virgin Islands, I called the waitress over and showed her the fly in my iced tea. She stuck her finger in the glass, flicked the fly onto the floor, and waddled away. I called her back and asked for another glass. She took the glass through the swinging doors to the kitchen, turned around, and brought me the same glass.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up