ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How many sacks do the Chiefs get this weekend against the Browns?
0: sad day for the Dline 7 12.50%
1: just one, but it's a really good one. 10 17.86%
2: Sneed from the outside; Wharton from the inside. 18 32.14%
3: Mike Danna is fresh off IR! 9 16.07%
4: Chris Jones is like an angry grizzly bear! 6 10.71%
5 or more sacks: Frank Clark has been saving up all year for this! 6 10.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
The Marty Lounge>Best Guess on Sacks this Weekend (Browns)
el borracho 05:09 PM 01-13-2021
How many sacks will the Chiefs get this weekend against the Browns? Bonus points if you can name the player who gets the sack(s)!
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:09 PM 01-13-2021
Zero.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:12 PM 01-13-2021
Browns have averaged a little under 2 per game this year, so I'll go with one for Snead and one for Clark on a 4th down to end it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:14 PM 01-13-2021
I'll go 2. May get a trash one in the 4th quarter. Either that, or we're up by 9, CLE has to score by passing with only 3 minutes to go or whatever, and Clark yanks Baker to the ground on 3rd and 9 for a 4 yard loss, forcing CLE to kick and try an on-side kick-off.

But Spags will send extra blitzers several times on 3rd and long situations. So Dirty Dan, or Niemann, or Sneed might get a sack in there somewhere.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:14 PM 01-13-2021
5 or more easily
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:15 PM 01-13-2021
I'm not voting.

I think it's zero but I don't think it's because of the d-line.

I think the Chiefs are going to run a lot of nickel and flood the field. Bend but don't break.

We'll see.
[Reply]
el borracho 05:20 PM 01-13-2021
For the record, I guessed 2. One for Sneed, and one for Jones.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:21 PM 01-13-2021
It just occurred to me that we might see a lot of KPass on Sunday. If we can't get to Baker because he's getting rid of the ball in 2.1 seconds, it makes sense to have tall DLs to try and deflect passes. No one on the DL taller than KPass.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:22 PM 01-13-2021
I voted 2. I think Sneed is pretty likely to get one.

Then either Jones or Clark. Though it wouldn't surprise me at all if DD got one somehow.
[Reply]
Coach 05:22 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm not voting.

I think it's zero but I don't think it's because of the d-line.

I think the Chiefs are going to run a lot of nickel and flood the field. Bend but don't break.

We'll see.
I also think the Browns are going to do a lot of quick short field passing, similar how they did to Pittsburgh.

I expect Baker to be holding the ball less than 3 seconds most of the time, with an occasional long one for a deep shot play to develop.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:22 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It just occurred to me that we might see a lot of KPass on Sunday. If we can't get to Baker because he's getting rid of the ball in 2.1 seconds, it makes sense to have tall DLs to try and deflect passes. No one on the DL taller than KPass.
Yep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:23 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
I also think the Browns are going to do a lot of quick short field passing, similar how they did to Pittsburgh.

I expect Baker to be holding the ball less than 3 seconds most of the time, with an occasional long one for a deep shot play to develop.
Right.
[Reply]
Coach 05:38 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Right.
Yeah, and in this case, if this scenario happens, hopefully the D-line is smart enough to know that rushing the QB won't be any good. Instead, stay on their rush lane but get those big mitts up in the air to clog the passing lanes/deflect the football.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:39 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
Yeah, and in this case, if this scenario happens, hopefully the D-line is smart enough to know that rushing the QB won't be any good. Instead, stay on their rush lane but get those big mitts up in the air to clog the passing lanes/deflect the football.
Yep.

I think we'll see a lot of nickel base. If they're disciplined, they can defend the RUN exactly the way you're saying and still flood the field with defenders against the short passing game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:42 PM 01-13-2021
The bottom line is if the Chiefs play this right, the Browns will HAVE to throw it deep to loosen up the defense.

I'd bet against that happening. The Browns don't have that kind of offense.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up