ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who had the greatest QB TD run in NFL History?
Lamar Jackson vs. the Titans 2 2.63%
Patrick Mahomes vs. the Titans 44 57.89%
Steve Bono says, "Hold my beer" vs. the Cards 28 36.84%
Gaz, who scored 4 TDs for the Polk High School Panthers 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Greatest QB TD Run in NFL History?
Dartgod 08:46 AM 01-13-2021
I've seen Lamar Jackson's TD run against the Titans referred to as "the greatest QB TD run in NFL history" numerous times this week.

It was pretty impressive, but I seem to remember a certain QB run in the AFC Championship game last year, ironically also against the Titans.

Here they both are, plus a bonus run for you to vote on.

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:10 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The Mahomes Run vs the Titans is right up there with the David Freese triple in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series for most excited I’ve ever gotten during and after a play.

Both times I leaped up out of my chair and started jumping around and screaming like a maniac.
Yeah, that run and the TD against the Patriots in 2018 to take the lead for the first time are the top two plays I've seen live, and luckily both on my side of the field. Right up there with taking the lead in the Super Bowl, Mario Chalmers' miracle, and Hosmer's mad dash.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:12 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The only thing impressive about the Bono play is how big of an idiot Buddy Ryan was sending an all out 11 man run blitz in an attempt to stop Marcus Allen from getting a first down. Ubeja Vontell could have crawled 75 yards for the touchdown on that play.
What's your all time track lineup of CP trolls with 100 meter dash times, bro...
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:43 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
The Mahomes Run is right there with Salvy's hit in the playoff game vs the A's for me.
Yeah that's gotta be the equivalent for Royals fans. Even as a fan with no emotional investment in that game (I root for KC though when they aren't playing the Cards) that was an incredibly thrilling night.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 11:01 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Yeah that's gotta be the equivalent for Royals fans. Even as a fan with no emotional investment in that game (I root for KC though when they aren't playing the Cards) that was an incredibly thrilling night.
Cain scoring from first against the Jays was right up there too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:08 AM 01-13-2021
This is a really good thread. Thanks Dart.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:25 AM 01-13-2021
Bono's run gave me my first boner, but Patrick's run made me PERMANENTLY ERECT!!!!!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:27 AM 01-13-2021
The two best from the college ranks

[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:27 AM 01-13-2021
Ooooooooh no.....

Looks like he's gonna throw....

Please don't Steve Bono
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:29 AM 01-13-2021
A lot of nostalgic moments inspired by this thread. Here are a few of my favorites:

-Mahomes TD run against the Titans
-Wasp (obv)
-Salvy in the Wild Card game
-Gordon HR in Game 1 of the World Series 2015
-Hosmer’s mad dash
-Mario Chalmers 2008 Championship
-T Rob and-1 then block to tie the game against Missouri in 2012
-Tyshawn Taylor making Stilman White cry 2012 en route to the Final Four
-Knile Davis kick return TD vs Houston to help end the drought
-Dante Hall punt return TD against Denver
-Damien Williams rushing TD to seal the Super Bowl win
-Kirk Hinrich blocks Jason Gardner to send Kansas to the Final Four 2003
-Aqib Talib pick 6 versus Virginia Tech 2007 Orange Bowl
-Kerry Meier TD for the win against Missouri 2008
[Reply]
tx4chiefs 11:37 AM 01-13-2021
Lamar Jackson shouldn't count, he's just a running back that sometimes throws the ball.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:39 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Bono's run gave me my first boner, but Patrick's run made me PERMANENTLY ERECT!!!!!
Mahomes run is the greatest in Chiefs history because it was in the AFCCG and Mahomes is awesome..
Bono was a trash QB and that run is his only claim to fame because the defense had its head up their ass.. I’ll never give Bono any credit for anything. Piece of crap QB..
[Reply]
Otter 11:44 AM 01-13-2021
Bono left much to be desired as a franchise QB but the run was golden.
[Reply]
crashcourse 12:52 PM 01-13-2021
theres 2 or 3 on here that were better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIaVMBl7QWQ
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:02 PM 01-13-2021
Meh. There have been some incredible runs by QBs in NFL history.

I would say that it's likely that Lamar has a run that should be in the top 5, though I couldn't pick one right this second.

Mahomes run in the AFCCG last season might be in the top-5. Definitely would think it's a top 10. For a QB, in a playoff game, for a TD. Might make top-5 if you consider the ramifications of that run.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:58 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Vick vs the Vikings.

Yup I thought of this one right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up