ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who had the greatest QB TD run in NFL History?
Lamar Jackson vs. the Titans 2 2.63%
Patrick Mahomes vs. the Titans 44 57.89%
Steve Bono says, "Hold my beer" vs. the Cards 28 36.84%
Gaz, who scored 4 TDs for the Polk High School Panthers 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Greatest QB TD Run in NFL History?
Dartgod 08:46 AM 01-13-2021
I've seen Lamar Jackson's TD run against the Titans referred to as "the greatest QB TD run in NFL history" numerous times this week.

It was pretty impressive, but I seem to remember a certain QB run in the AFC Championship game last year, ironically also against the Titans.

Here they both are, plus a bonus run for you to vote on.

[Reply]
joethomas 08:49 AM 01-13-2021
It has to be Bono's because of the length of the run. He didn't actually reach the end zone until Tuesday afternoon.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:49 AM 01-13-2021
I'm not even sure Lamar's is top 5. The two you have up there, the Steve Young one they show to this day, and I'm allowing for a couple more that I can't remember. Lamar's was basically a sweep right. He's fast and anytime someone breaks a long run, of course it's an accomplishment but we see that play or plays like it multiple times per week.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:52 AM 01-13-2021
The Steve Young one is an all timer
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:53 AM 01-13-2021
Vick vs the Vikings.
[Reply]
wazu 08:57 AM 01-13-2021
Can't imagine voting for anything but the Mahomes run. Eluded 5-6 tacklers during an epic run to take the lead in the AFC Championship game. Chiefs never looked back after that. Superman stuff!
[Reply]
tredadda 08:58 AM 01-13-2021
I voted Bono because of how far he ran and how slow he was. While Mahomes run last year vs the Titans will always bring a smile to my face, it's nothing I would not expect from him. The Bono run was something you will never see again.
[Reply]
scorpio 08:58 AM 01-13-2021

[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:59 AM 01-13-2021
Im not putting Mahomes or Jacksons up there as the greatest. Both impressive. Mahomes kind of gets it on a lack of effort/ decieving athleticism. Jacksons was physically impressive from a speed standpoint, like comparing Hardmans big return last year to one of Dante Halls freak returns. Winning with sheer speed isnt as impressive as making 6 guys miss.
[Reply]
DawgDays 09:01 AM 01-13-2021
Idiotic take, the Lamar love-fest is out of hand.

That Bono run is hilarious, never anyone on the screen besides the big guy waving him towards the endzone lol.

Nice run by Mahommes there, doesn't touch the Steve Young run though. Steve had a bunch. (This site won't let a newbie post the vid, youtube "Steve Young's famous 49-yard")

[Reply]
Dartgod 09:04 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DawgDays:
Idiotic take, the Lamar love-fest is out of hand.

That Bono run is hilarious, never anyone on the screen besides the big guy waving him towards the endzone lol.

Nice run by Mahommes there, doesn't touch the Steve Young run though. Steve had a bunch. (This site won't let a newbie post the vid, youtube "Steve Young's famous 49-yard")

Embedded it for you.

Yeah, that's a pretty impressive run. But this thread was more about having fun comparing two runs against the Titans in back to back years than it was voting on the actual "best run in history".
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:08 AM 01-13-2021
Poll is worthless. Obviously this QB run is the best in all of NFL history, and possibly all of sports history combined.

[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:12 AM 01-13-2021
Bono-no contest
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:13 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Poll is worthless. Obviously this QB run is the best in all of NFL history, and possibly all of sports history combined.

that was fun

CP thread exploded with laughter after that
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:19 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

You got me. It was like the Bono run with even more hilarity.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up