ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 100
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:47 PM 01-04-2021
I just can’t picture Phyllis having a great game in Buffalo. It’s too bad the Colts best QB is their head coach.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:49 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
I predict this game as my upset special: Colts shock Bills in Buffalo

Rivers has one more fleeting moment of glory
The most likely scenario is that the Colts keep it close until late in the game. They’ll need Rivers to make a big play to win it or keep them in it. At that point, he will Rivers. Book it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:53 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Never would have expected to see the Chiefs run for almost 250 yards against Buffalo, so it's certainly possible for the Colts to have some pretty good success in that area.
Yeah, that's what I keep coming back to. And IND has a homerun hitter in Taylor. Guy has wheels. If he gets out into the second level with some speed, he can take it to the house pretty much every time.

But BUF has to know that they have to stop the Colts running game and force Rivers to beat them. That would have to be the gameplan. The more Rivers has to throw, the more likely he turns the ball over, and that has to be the plan. Make Rivers do 'Phyllis' things. If he can just play game-manager back there, BUF will have all they can handle, especially if that defense comes out hot.
[Reply]
diqlix 12:58 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Throwing a ball and mental processing are two different traits. The snap to release stat doesn't measure it.

You can't measure it with stats. You have to watch the film.
It’s impossible to throw the ball quickly, while putting up incredible stats, if you’re processing time is as bad as you claim it is.

You can do it for a game or two, against bad defenses, but not over two complete seasons.

You just made it up. Plain and simple. Processing time was never something that plagued Josh.
[Reply]
diqlix 12:59 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
BUF is obviously the best team out of the AFC not named the Chiefs. That said, they still need to win a playoff game before anyone takes them seriously. Until then, they're just another 'hopeful' entrant, as opposed to legit contender.
That’s fair.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:01 PM 01-04-2021

“Cry-me-a-River” / Colts losing in Arrowhead would a be nice footnote to another Chiefs’ Super Bowl victory season.
[Reply]
TEX 01:04 PM 01-04-2021

I don't think the Colts chances are very good at all, especially if the weather is bad. I know they can run the ball, but the Bills just really need to concentrate on stopping it and let Rivers be Rivers. No way he beats them. My bet is Buff rolls them by at least two TD's.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:14 PM 01-04-2021
Will the Colts get the playoff version of Justin Houston this weekend?
[Reply]
Tonka83 01:18 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
“Cry-me-a-River” / Colts losing in Arrowhead would a be nice footnote to another Chiefs’ Super Bowl victory season.
With the added bonus of having Rivers last NFL game being a loss to the Chiefs in Arrowhead. It just seems a fitting ending for him.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 01:23 PM 01-04-2021
Worst playoff day ever
[Reply]
Stryker 01:23 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Einstein was too smart to be a Buffalo Bills fan.

The Colts are on paper our toughest matchup in the first playoff game, but I hope they beat Buffalo for shits and giggles.
When I saw this article earlier today I was thinking the same thing. I hope the Colts beat them in their own house and they can vanish from the playoffs completely. Then email the editor of the article and ask a simple "what?".
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:32 PM 01-04-2021
I understand why the Bills fans are confident. They've been hot, and I understand why they think a rematch would go differently than the first time around.

To that end, there would be something satisfactory in beating the Bills in the AFC title game. Just to show that the style points they've been racking up do not, in fact, matter.

Lot of satisfaction is going to be available no matter the matchup.

Colts: Continue to kill the ghost of playoff failures past
Browns: Give Mahomes another in a long line of wins against Baker Mayfield
Ravens: Shutting down the Lamar Jackson/hype train again would be fun
Titans: Continuing to destroy the "strong running game beats teh Chiefs" genious takes
Steelers: Showing once and for all they weren't in the Chiefs league this year
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:34 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:

The Colts are on paper our toughest matchup in the first playoff game
Gonna go ahead and respectfully disagree there.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:35 PM 01-04-2021
QB: advantage Chiefs
WR: advantage Chiefs
TE: advantage Chiefs
OL: advantage Bills

DL: advantage Chiefs
LB: advantage Bills
Secondary: advantage Chiefs

ST: push

HC: advantage Chiefs

Chiefs shouldn’t (and don’t) fear any opponent.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:36 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix;15442796[B:
]It’s impossible to throw the ball quickly, while putting up incredible stats, if you’re processing time is as bad as you claim it is.[/B]

You can do it for a game or two, against bad defenses, but not over two complete seasons.

You just made it up. Plain and simple. Processing time was never something that plagued Josh.
You are the one making things up.

I watched him in college. Did you know that in his draft year his college coach's plan was to make Allen "pro-style", like Wentz? Guess how long that lasted? One game.

His own college coach realized Allen reading a field and processing more was a disaster and aborted the mission. Back to boots with half-field reads.

Same thing in Buffalo. Your GM claimed he liked Allen because he was "pro-style". They threw Allen out there after their boy Peterman flopped again and it was more of the same. Watch this. This is Allen trying to run a Patriots style offense.

Soon after Allen was knocked out with an injury and Brian Daboll abandoned the Patriots playbook that worked for Tom Brady and decided to build an offense around Josh Allen. Lots of quick hitters, Chip Kelly concepts.

One read, if not open run. Suddenly Allen wasn't good but he was playable! That's the offense you have been in since his rookie year. Daboll built on that by adding NFL receivers who could beat zone (John Brown) or man (Cole Beasley). Every play would have a zone or man beater ready to roll.

Then this year Diggs wasn't happy and Boom! Now you have a guy that can beat both and a cheat code. Allen can now hit the 1st read, or the checkdown, or do a scramble drill.

This year against most teams it's more than enough.

putting up incredible stats

You must have forgot about Colin Kaepernick. This has happened before. The NFL did adjust back on him.

BTW, it's not your job to see it. You are a simple Bills fan trolling the Super Bowl Champions message board. But our coaching staff sees it.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 100
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up