ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 100
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:54 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
I'll never understand why users (old and new) during the playoffs go onto other message boards and subreddits just to post.

I'll never get it. I could give two shits about your team or any other team that isn't the Chiefs - no offense.

I might be the minority, but that's just me.
:-) Like how he disingenuously tried to act like he was a 10 year user on this site when in reality he just created an account around a decade ago to talk some shit then disappeared.
[Reply]
wazu 11:55 AM 01-04-2021
I'll never understand why users (old and new) during the playoffs go onto other message boards and subreddits just to post.

I'll never get it. I could give two shits about your team or any other team that isn't the Chiefs - no offense.

I don't do it that much any more, but I've had fun with it in the past. Gets you out of your echo chamber and provides some perspective on what the other team's fans see their strengths/weaknesses to be.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:55 AM 01-04-2021

We had a few Texans fans that did it- they lost

Then we had Titans fans do it-they lost

Then we had 9er fans do it- they lost

Then we had Ravens fans do it-they lost

Then we had Saints fans do it-they lost
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:57 AM 01-04-2021
Totally and completely unrelated to this thread, but I've historically never used the ignore function on CP. As we get more and more fans of other teams who come here just to troll, I've started putting them on ignore and it makes my user experience much nicer.

As an interesting bit of trivia, if someone on ignore starts a thread, I can still post in it even though I can't see the OP of the thread.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:58 AM 01-04-2021
I remember when everyone said the Chiefs & the Ravens were on a collision course in last year’s playoffs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:59 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
So you mean to say that teams can do things differently which results in different outcomes?
Of course they can. The problem is that you don't want to acknowledge what CAN be done differently in the context of what actually happened on the field.

The Chiefs POUNDED the Bills with a running game that has been mediocre, at best, most of the season.

What are the Bills going to do differently? Stop the run and let Patrick Mahomes throw all over them?

You're living in some fantasy world where the past doesn't exist. I'm trying to be nice to you but you're making it really hard.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:59 AM 01-04-2021
Pros WANT to play the BEST.

Fans choose the wimpy easy route.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:00 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We had a few Texans fans that did it- they lost

Then we had Titans fans do it-they lost

Then we had 9er fans do it- they lost

Then we had Ravens fans do it-they lost

Then we had Saints fans do it-they lost

They all disappeared. Just like daquix will in a couple of weeks.
[Reply]
notorious 12:01 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
I don't do it that much any more, but I've had fun with it in the past. Gets you out of your echo chamber and provides some perspective on what the other team's fans see their strengths/weaknesses to be.
It's fine.

One thing you DON'T do is spam your team's shit on another board.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:03 PM 01-04-2021
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Wish I had more time to post more eye roll emojis, but I honestly don't.

Strike that . . . . . . . don't care enough to spend any more time on this.
[Reply]
notorious 12:04 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're living in some fantasy world where the past doesn't exist. I'm trying to be nice to you but you're making it really hard.

[Reply]
PHOG 12:06 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
They all disappeared. Just like daquix will in a couple of weeks.
A COUPLE WEEKS?!?111 :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:12 PM 01-04-2021
It was 23-17 with 5 minutes left.

I suppose that could be considered complete domination by some.
The Chiefs outgained Buffalo in total yardage 466-206, holding Josh Allen to 122 yards passing.

That would be considered domination by most.
[Reply]
warpaint* 12:14 PM 01-04-2021
That’s just not true. But you continue to say the lie as if it is.

Allen releases the ball on average in 3.0 seconds this year. Mahomes average is 2.9 seconds.

Last year is was 2.82 for Mahomes and 2.85 for Allen.

In other words, Allen is processing and throwing within ten hundredth of a second of Mahomes.

i’m taking through siri while driving so I apologize for any spelling or formatting errors.
Tremendous

Ty for being here
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Chiefs outgained Buffalo in total yardage 466-206, holding Josh Allen to 122 yards passing.

That would be considered domination by most.
Teams evolve.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 100
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up