ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schwartz and Remmers both have back injuries
RunKC 03:28 PM 12-13-2020
Damn. I’m worried about this. It sucked losing Schwartz but now Remmers with the same injury.

I pray to God we get at least one of them back
[Reply]
bobhill 08:02 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
like a guy who isn't ready to play.
That bad. Well he will have to work on that
[Reply]
poolboy 08:22 PM 12-13-2020
Rankins is the backup for both tackle positions on the depth chart
Prob still cant play yet
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:32 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Things don’t always stay the same. Just because that’s what they’ve been doing for several years is not indicative of how they will continue to operate. Are people really that simple minded to think they’ll ignore a huge need and just operate as usual? “How they operate” clearly hasn’t cut it this year.

“How they operate” was to not spend a high pick at linebacker, until they did this year.

“How they operate” was usually to not draft a RB high, until they just did.

“How they operate” was to trade for journeymen quarterbacks, until they traded up for Mahomes.
12-1.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:42 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
12-1.
What does that have to do with what i said? Yes, we’re pretty damn good despite having some warts. Hopefully we can run it back, we have just as good a chance as any team if not more so.

That being said, the team isn’t perfect and God forbid someone discusses what they should do in the off-season.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:00 PM 12-13-2020
Things don’t always stay the same. Just because that’s what they’ve been doing for several years is not indicative of how they will continue to operate. Are people really that simple minded to think they’ll ignore a huge need and just operate as usual? “How they operate” clearly hasn’t cut it this year.

“How they operate” was to not spend a high pick at linebacker, until they did this year.

“How they operate” was usually to not draft a RB high, until they just did.

“How they operate” was to trade for journeymen quarterbacks, until they traded up for Mahomes.
I literally noted they'd "take a guy in the draft somewhere" and still think they likely will. It all depends on where that value is (like Niang in rd. 3 or Gay in rd. 2).
[Reply]
Oxford 09:02 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
like a guy who isn't ready to play.
I watched a couple of plays, his feet looked cumbersome defending a pass rush, but its his first extended playing time. Frankly, Andy doesn't really help a rookie out since the Chiefs throw a lot. But the practice reps will help this week, maybe Remmers isn't hurt as bad as you might think, it may have been a "he says he can gut it out" but we can win with Durant so lets go that way. The practice squad guys are G/C types, I wonder if any of the PS OT's we had last year are available, at least they would know the system.
Greg Senat is on Dallas, Jackson Barton is on the Giants, Ryan Hunter is on the Chargers so no help there.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:18 PM 12-13-2020
What does that have to do with what i said? Yes, we’re pretty damn good despite having some warts. Hopefully we can run it back, we have just as good a chance as any team if not more so.

That being said, the team isn’t perfect and God forbid someone discusses what they should do in the off-season.
It has to do with the fact that NO team is either perfect or complete. ALL teams have holes but some have less than others. That's the way the NFL is set up and that's the way it will continue.

The Chiefs are 12-1 with a "bad" offensive line and "bad" linebackers. And according to you, cornerback is a weakness as well.

The Chiefs just do not value those position like you do and they most likely, never will.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:42 PM 12-13-2020
It has to do with the fact that NO team is either perfect or complete. ALL teams have holes but some have less than others. That's the way the NFL is set up and that's the way it will continue.

The Chiefs are 12-1 with a "bad" offensive line and "bad" linebackers. And according to you, cornerback is a weakness as well.

The Chiefs just do not value those position like you do and they most likely, never will.
Sure.

I'm just saying this offseason it's time for an offensive line revamp is all.

Niang is probably a part of that. Maybe LDT comes back. But we're down to an undrafted rookie RT playing next to Wylie at the moment and that's concerning.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:53 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Oline is 5 positions, not one.

LT - Fisher is good but next year is the last year of his contract.
LG - Allegetti seems like he has potential, he's 24.
C - Kilgore is decent but old. Reid seems intent on playing shitty Reiter
RG - Seems like LDT rather play Doctor, Wylie sucks but Reid insists on keeping/using him.
RT - Schwartz is 30+ with a back injury. 2021 is the last year of his contract. Remmers is old and average.

We need a Center and OT through the draft since they cost the most. Sign a guard through FA.
Fisher isn’t going anywhere. Reiter isn’t either. It isn’t likely they’re going to draft a tackle or center that’s going to start next year.

I get that everybody wants upgrades across the line but it isn’t going to happen. You will probably see them draft some guard depth. Maybe another mid-round tackle.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:54 PM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I haven't seen any mock drafts. I don't know who would be available when we pick. Best player available is what you take regardless. But I would rather take a tackle or center assuming that we have pick 32. We have seen plenty of very good receivers going in the second and 3rd rounds lately, so I think that they could wait there.. I wouldn't be quick to go OL with a mid first round pick. But at the end, it's a good value and would make sense. Niang is still an unknown, Fisher is near the end of his second contract, Schwartz may be done, Wylie sucks, Reiter is barely serviceable. The cap is tight. Where exactly do you expect to improve the line if you don't spend some draft capital on it?
There’s a ton of OL depth in this draft. End of the 2nd is the best place for C/G.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:52 PM 12-13-2020

You keep saying i think cornerback is a weakness, when i’ve admitted multiple times that i was wrong there.

OL? They’re going to make some significant additions there, i have zero doubt about that.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:55 PM 12-13-2020
I just want to see a day 2 pick pick used on a C/G along with a mid-late rounder to hedge our bets and add more young talent.

If we invested a 1st on a RB, we owe it to ourselves to be better than this on the IOL when it comes to run blocking.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:39 AM 12-14-2020
Right now it looks like KC is going to have 6 picks in rounds 1-4. I think they’ll be in position to trade back from #32 and turn that into 7 picks.

With the depth of this draft being OL in general, I think we see them grab 2 guys even if they don’t trade back and maybe even 3 if the board falls correctly.

1) A Day 1 starter-caliber C or G
2) Swing tackle who could play LT (there are a lot of developmental guys in those rounds that could become LT starters with a year or two of good developmental work)
3) Another G type

Fisher is a known quantity and good LT with a few years left in the tank, and Allegretti has played pretty well. I’m confident RT will either be Niang (with Schwartz retiring) or a healthy Schwartz. If Schwartz retires, that frees up a bunch of cap room you could spend on a veteran RG to help solidify things - if LDT also walks away (I honestly think he’s going to do that).

To sum: Yeah, the OL needs an injection of talent. It’s going to get it, and there are multiple ways to make that happen.
[Reply]
O.city 08:14 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just want to see a day 2 pick pick used on a C/G along with a mid-late rounder to hedge our bets and add more young talent.

If we invested a 1st on a RB, we owe it to ourselves to be better than this on the IOL when it comes to run blocking.
Kinda shows how the RB is dependent on the OL, value wise. Still woudln't draft a RB in round 1.

I'm right and i have proof now!:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:20 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Oxford:
I watched a couple of plays, his feet looked cumbersome defending a pass rush, but its his first extended playing time. Frankly, Andy doesn't really help a rookie out since the Chiefs throw a lot. But the practice reps will help this week, maybe Remmers isn't hurt as bad as you might think, it may have been a "he says he can gut it out" but we can win with Durant so lets go that way. The practice squad guys are G/C types, I wonder if any of the PS OT's we had last year are available, at least they would know the system.
Greg Senat is on Dallas, Jackson Barton is on the Giants, Ryan Hunter is on the Chargers so no help there.
Durant is huge, which is cool; but he doesn't seem to be all that functionally strong. I expect a full offseason strength and conditioning program would be helpful.

As you noted, he also looks to have slow feet, which is normal for a 6'6" 330 lb. guy, but right now he doesn't look strong enough at the point of attack to overcome that. I think he just doesn't look ready to play in the NFL right now.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up