ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Schwartz and Remmers both have back injuries
RunKC 03:28 PM 12-13-2020
Damn. I’m worried about this. It sucked losing Schwartz but now Remmers with the same injury.

I pray to God we get at least one of them back
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:19 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) You must not have any faith in Veach if you think Wylie is back and starting.
I have plenty of faith in Veach addressing perceived needs. I just don’t think the team views it the same way the fans do.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:19 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Honest question, maybe I've missed something... but why are so many people talking about LDT coming back, has there actually been smoke about that?

I would personally prefer to just move on and upgrade that spot, he did great for a 6th round guy from a Canadian college... but yeah I'd rather just upgrade
Even if he does come back I almost guarantee he's going to be a significant liability. Wasn't any good in 2019 and the year off won't have helped.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:21 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I just don't think those guys are even close to being any type of answer.

Wiz will be 33 years old, Kilgore can't protect in Pass Pro and Remmers just done. The guy can barely move and has been destroyed by opposing defenses all year long.

I think it's more likely that some of the Practice Squad guys like Daryl Williams will be elevated to the 53 because at least he's young and has some mobility.

They'll probably draft a few offensive lineman, one of which may see some playing time and the other being a project like LDT or Allegretti but the rest will be rounded out by Vet Min veterans because they can't afford to drop $6-$10 million on a guard or tackle.
I think of them more as veteran insurance, but I expect Durant, maybe Williams, and Niang to win spots. I'm just thinking cheap vets, doesn't have to be those guys, but they already know the offense is all.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:22 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Even if he does come back I almost guarantee he's going to be a significant liability. Wasn't any good in 2019 and the year off won't have helped.
I tend to agree... don't hate the guy, in fact I tip my hat to what he accomplished here, but yeah I want some new blood in there
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:22 PM 12-29-2020
Honest question, maybe I've missed something... but why are so many people talking about LDT coming back, has there actually been smoke about that?

I would personally prefer to just move on and upgrade that spot, he did great for a 6th round guy from a Canadian college... but yeah I'd rather just upgrade
He's made every indication that he's planning to return in 2021 but if he's cut, the Chiefs will be stuck with almost $7 million in Dead Cap space, something they cannot afford with the cap either staying flat or decreasing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:22 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Either Wylie or Reiter will be replaced. The coaches would know which is the weakest link; it sure looks like both are below average, but it's possible that one is making the other look worse than they are.

I'm doubtful that Schwartz will be back at all. That alone would be two spots.

Even if LDT comes back and takes that RG spot, I doubt Wylie takes LG from Alegretti. Nick has looked better then Wylie ever has.

So that's still two by your count.
They’ve had multiple chances to replace both of them this season. Kilgore, Remmers, etc and here we are griping about it with a week left in the season. Barring a magic draft or insane fee agent luck, they will both be back.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:22 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have plenty of faith in Veach addressing perceived needs. I just don’t think the team views it the same way the fans do.
I think now that's affecting Mahomes they do.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:23 PM 12-29-2020
I don't think that's a recipe for consistent success. And while it may not be to the exact same level as the 49ers, we saw New Orleans bring a similar amount of pressure just a couple of weeks ago. And as we've seen, even when the pressure isn't actually there it's causing Mahomes to bail. Don't you think the $500 million man would like to see an investment at the position?

I mean, even before the Super Bowl we saw him get dinged up early in the season and his play declined for a while before the fluke knee injury against Denver, and we've seen him start to get hit a lot again. Why would anyone be against giving him the type of line Aaron Rodgers has in Green Bay?
Schwartz was great, got hurt. Osemele was great, got hurt. Niang was a top 100 draft pick, opted out.

Not sure what you’re wanting. This OL is a strength with Osemele and Schwartz healthy
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:23 PM 12-29-2020
Yeah, he was so awful the Chiefs went 12-4 and won the Super Bowl.

You have zero perspective.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:23 PM 12-29-2020
I tend to agree... don't hate the guy, in fact I tip my hat to what he accomplished here, but yeah I want some new blood in there
Not hating at all either. Since I didn't really think he was all that good to begin with, not much of a loss other than having more depth. Kudos to him for actually doing something worthwhile. I'd just prefer he keep doing that and move on from football.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:24 PM 12-29-2020
I don't think that's a recipe for consistent success. And while it may not be to the exact same level as the 49ers, we saw New Orleans bring a similar amount of pressure just a couple of weeks ago. And as we've seen, even when the pressure isn't actually there it's causing Mahomes to bail. Don't you think the $500 million man would like to see an investment at the position?

I mean, even before the Super Bowl we saw him get dinged up early in the season and his play declined for a while before the fluke knee injury against Denver, and we've seen him start to get hit a lot again. Why would anyone be against giving him the type of line Aaron Rodgers has in Green Bay?
Who is against it? There’s a world of difference between what we want them to do and what the realistically might do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:26 PM 12-29-2020
Again, I believe there’s more to it than just him have PTSD. The line has been shit all year (and most of last year if you go by the prevailing thought here) and he just started the bad stuff in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

The line was awful early in the season and he was on an historic pace.

There’s definitely more to it than him being rattled because of the line.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:26 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He's made every indication that he's planning to return in 2021 but if he's cut, the Chiefs will be stuck with almost $7 million in Dead Cap space, something they cannot afford with the cap either staying flat or decreasing.
Good info, appreciate it... and 7 mill? yikes... looks like he's coming back
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:27 PM 12-29-2020
That's complete speculation.

It's no different than someone speculating that Mahomes has been playing selfishly because he wants to win the MVP award. Instead of taking the 4-5 yard gains that he's been given each week, he's chosen to throw downfield in order to make the "Big Play" and stack his numbers.

Most likely, we'll never know the truth and ultimately, it won't even matter.

They're either going to blow through the playoffs and win the Super Bowl or they won't.

What happened before the playoffs will be irrelevant.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:29 PM 12-29-2020
Good info, appreciate it... and 7 mill? yikes... looks like he's coming back
He could retire but then the Chiefs would be on the hook for his dead cap and to get it back they’d have to reach a settlement. It’s messy. It’s best for him to come back.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up