ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3424 of 3903
« First < 2424292433243374341434203421342234233424 3425342634273428343434743524 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 11:34 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Gotcha, thanks.
Expanding on it a bit (and purely based on my own speculation)...

I wouldn't think that you'll have mandatory vaccines in schools for a while regardless. At least through the summer, this is going to be a "vaccinate everyone who wants it and don't be too forceful with those who don't" situation, and that will probably drag out even longer for kids since they can't get it now regardless.

If, after supply has caught up with demand, we're seeing really good results and minimal deaths, that'll probably be the end of it. There's a decent chance that booster shots will be a thing, but hopefully it'll just end up like the flu where it can largely be managed voluntarily.

The question is just what happens if we are still seeing a lot of deaths even after supply has caught up with demand. It would largely be among those who weren't vaccinated, which might further push people to do it, but we know that ~5% of people who get the vaccine are still vulnerable. So, if we're still seeing a lot of spread among that 5%, I could see the discussions popping up about mandatory vaccines in schools and public gatherings.

But I think those discussions are a long ways off, and things could change substantially by then.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:44 AM 01-27-2021
They are offering to teachers now.

Tried to sign in What a crock.

Filled in all info, clicked on a time. Unavailable. THen had to fill in all the info again before I could get a time. Tried 3x and no luck. F MN dep of health
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:08 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Like I said before you should have been booted a long time ago. You only exist on this site to be a piece of shit that adds nothing of value to any discussion. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything but instigating bull shit. Quit using this site as an outlet for your miserable life.
Yet I still add more than you do. Think about that a second. Keep dreaming :-)
[Reply]
Eureka 03:39 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
They are offering to teachers now.

Tried to sign in What a crock.

Filled in all info, clicked on a time. Unavailable. THen had to fill in all the info again before I could get a time. Tried 3x and no luck. F MN dep of health
Haha. Try it one more time sir.
[Reply]
jdubya 04:19 PM 01-27-2021
My 20 year old son is an RA in a dorm in college although they are still on the remote learning schedule. All the RA`s are being offered the vaccine. He just texted me asking, "Do you want me to get the covid vaccine dad"?

TBH I have zero issues with my 87 year old parents getting it and even myself and my wife. Why am I hesitant to encourage my kids to get it? (OK 20 isn't a kid but he is in my eyes still lol)
[Reply]
joethomas 04:23 PM 01-27-2021
the anti-vaxers are going to prolong everyone's having to suffer under these restrictions for months or longer. Sad.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:24 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Why am I hesitant to encourage my kids to get it? (OK 20 isn't a kid but he is in my eyes still lol)
Lunacy.
[Reply]
sedated 04:27 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
the anti-vaxers are going to prolong everyone's having to suffer under these restrictions for months or longer. Sad.
Once everyone who wants a vaccine has had it, who gives a shit about the others? Their choice, their consequences.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:29 PM 01-27-2021
My 20 year old son is an RA in a dorm in college although they are still on the remote learning schedule. All the RA`s are being offered the vaccine. He just texted me asking, "Do you want me to get the covid vaccine dad"?

TBH I have zero issues with my 87 year old parents getting it and even myself and my wife. Why am I hesitant to encourage my kids to get it? (OK 20 isn't a kid but he is in my eyes still lol)
It's human nature to protect your kids from harm. It doesn't surprise me in the least that you'd be more hesitant. You shouldn't be, but I understand why you are.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:33 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Once everyone who wants a vaccine has had it, who give a shit about the others. Their choice, their consequences.
Because they could still get infected potentially allowing the virus to mutate to a point it could render the vaccine useless or less effective .So their choice could still have consequences for others.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:35 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Haha. Try it one more time sir.
all spots were taken by the time I did it 4 times. Not mad I did not get in, more mad at feeling like it is the Lottery of who lives and dies in the movie Deep Impact.
[Reply]
Azide22 05:17 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Expanding on it a bit (and purely based on my own speculation)...

I wouldn't think that you'll have mandatory vaccines in schools for a while regardless. At least through the summer, this is going to be a "vaccinate everyone who wants it and don't be too forceful with those who don't" situation, and that will probably drag out even longer for kids since they can't get it now regardless.

If, after supply has caught up with demand, we're seeing really good results and minimal deaths, that'll probably be the end of it. There's a decent chance that booster shots will be a thing, but hopefully it'll just end up like the flu where it can largely be managed voluntarily.

The question is just what happens if we are still seeing a lot of deaths even after supply has caught up with demand. It would largely be among those who weren't vaccinated, which might further push people to do it, but we know that ~5% of people who get the vaccine are still vulnerable. So, if we're still seeing a lot of spread among that 5%, I could see the discussions popping up about mandatory vaccines in schools and public gatherings.

But I think those discussions are a long ways off, and things could change substantially by then.
If only 5% are susceptible, this thing wouldn't likely get much foothold. I can also pretty much say that 100% we will need boosters of some sort. It isn't going away - the only question is how long our immunity lasts.

But as you note, the only thing we know, is we don't know what the future with this will hold. I can't begin to say how much that sucks.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:52 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Azide22:
If only 5% are susceptible, this thing wouldn't likely get much foothold. I can also pretty much say that 100% we will need boosters of some sort. It isn't going away - the only question is how long our immunity lasts.

But as you note, the only thing we know, is we don't know what the future with this will hold. I can't begin to say how much that sucks.
Right, but my assumption is that, in addition to the 5% who are vaccinated being susceptible, we'll likely have 20-30% of people who won't get it. And while I frankly don't care if that 20-30% get it due to their own refusal, I do care if the 20-30% are the reason that the 5% end up having issues.
[Reply]
TLO 06:42 PM 01-27-2021

I definitely understand your hesitation. If it were my kiddo I'd tell him to go ahead and get it since it's being offered.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:00 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's human nature to protect your kids from harm. It doesn't surprise me in the least that you'd be more hesitant. You shouldn't be, but I understand why you are.
My neighbor is an ER doctor at a local hospital and said his kids, (same ages as mine) have both had the vaccination. He said Covid at his hospital is "BAD" right now and encouraged me to give my lad the green light.

My wife's friend is a pediatrician and says she wouldn't hesitate either.

I`m convinced it is the correct thing to do.
[Reply]
Page 3424 of 3903
« First < 2424292433243374341434203421342234233424 3425342634273428343434743524 > Last »
Up