ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3392 of 3903
« First < 2392289232923342338233883389339033913392 33933394339533963402344234923892 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 10:26 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
NPR radio said they are expecting J&J vaccine to get to FDA for approval by early next month. More vaccines would be extremely helpful
J&J is also a one dose deal so that helps as well
[Reply]
petegz28 10:27 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I guess I was hoping for much longer than 2 years

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN29C0YK
I was told by a person high, high, high up in our leadership the other day that this vaccine will eventually become like the flu shot and people will be getting it every year or so.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:39 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I guess I was hoping for much longer than 2 years

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN29C0YK
That's completely speculative. I wouldn't come to any conclusions yet. A paper came out this week detailing 8 months of likely immunity because we've had 8 months to study it. Until we get longitudinal data, we can't really know.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:45 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Luckily in the dental field, we've found our PPE and what we're doing works great as there hasn't been much if any spread in the actual dental setting. It's mostly from outside sources.

Granted we aren't directly treating active Covid Pt's if we can help it. But we're also finding per a report I read yesterday that they're finding up to half the spread is from non symptomatic people. Which could mean a couple different things.
One would have to assume being around/treating covid patients would obviously up the risk actor greatly given PPE or not but one would think those people would be really really suited up for it.

I actually had a test done Tuesday and the girl was garbed up pretty well. My son tested positive last Thursday, along with his girlfriend and best friend.

They are all doing fine, pretty mild symptoms which is to be expected since they are all around 21 years old. This is with him being very asthmatic as a child and he also had a spontaneous lung collapse a few years ago.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:46 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
That's completely speculative. I wouldn't come to any conclusions yet. A paper came out this week detailing 8 months of likely immunity because we've had 8 months to study it. Until we get longitudinal data, we can't really know.
What makes you think we haven't had 8 months to study covid immunity? Its been here for 10+ months.
[Reply]
Donger 10:51 AM 01-08-2021
They've found, thankfully, that the Pfizer vax stops the UK mutated strand just as well as the others. So thats great and was expected IMO.
Really? That's fantastic news!
[Reply]
O.city 11:31 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Based on what we know and what we know about these types of viruses, I would be highly surprised if we didn't have long term immunity to this thing. We do to influenza. Sure it wanes and changes, but we aren't naïve to it.

I think we should assume this will go as we know all others do and change if we get evidence that it doesn't instead of vice versa.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
One would have to assume being around/treating covid patients would obviously up the risk actor greatly given PPE or not but one would think those people would be really really suited up for it.

I actually had a test done Tuesday and the girl was garbed up pretty well. My son tested positive last Thursday, along with his girlfriend and best friend.

They are all doing fine, pretty mild symptoms which is to be expected since they are all around 21 years old. This is with him being very asthmatic as a child and he also had a spontaneous lung collapse a few years ago.
That sucks man. HOpe they do ok.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 01:49 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
What makes you think we haven't had 8 months to study covid immunity? Its been here for 10+ months.
No, I said we HAVE had 8 months of study on it, so we can track early cases and see that they still have immunity. In 20 months we might be tracking the same thing and at that point we'll say people have 20 months of immunity. I'm saying immunity may go well beyond that time, but it's a gate at this point because we simply don't have data beyond that yet.

Based on what we know and what we know about these types of viruses, I would be highly surprised if we didn't have long term immunity to this thing. We do to influenza. Sure it wanes and changes, but we aren't naïve to it.

I think we should assume this will go as we know all others do and change if we get evidence that it doesn't instead of vice versa.
Yes, I believe this is likely. COVID would have to behave very differently for us to not have some long-term immunity. The fact that we have documentation of immunity after 8 months is a good sign.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:52 PM 01-08-2021
Sounds like the new administration is going to release all the vaccine day one or shortly after instead of holding it back like what is going on now. The risky part is can Pfizer\Moderna keep up.
[Reply]
TLO 02:07 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Sounds like the new administration is going to release all the vaccine day one or shortly after instead of holding it back like what is going on now. The risky part is can Pfizer\Moderna keep up.
We can't seem to get the # of vaccines we have now into arms. What good is doling out more vaccines to places that can't administer them do?
[Reply]
TLO 02:08 PM 01-08-2021
Was just reading on CNN that there may be a "USA variant" spreading now. I guess every country is going to end up with their own variant pretty soon.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:09 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
We can't seem to get the # of vaccines we have now into arms. What good is doling out more vaccines to places that can't administer them do?
Just PR
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:14 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Didn't you say your employer can't get it? There is a ton of health care or other businesses that want it but haven't gotten it yet.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:20 PM 01-08-2021
The governors say they want it and can get them distributed.

Originally Posted by :
group of governors wrote a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and Operation Warp Speed Chief Operating Officer Gen. Gustave Perna pressing the federal government to distribute "reserved doses" of the Covid-19 vaccine to states that need them.

"Our states are ready to work around the clock to ramp up distribution, get more shots in arms, and save more American lives. General Perna, as you have stated before, 'a vaccine sitting on a shelf is not effective,'" the letter reads. "We couldn't agree with you more. That's why we are asking for your help now. When we work together, we can end this pandemic and return to a life of normalcy sooner."

[Reply]
Page 3392 of 3903
« First < 2392289232923342338233883389339033913392 33933394339533963402344234923892 > Last »
Up