ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3352 of 3903
« First < 2352285232523302334233483349335033513352 33533354335533563362340234523852 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 11:13 AM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Diabetes and obesity weren't invented until 2019.
I remember the unveiling. They had a big cake.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:35 AM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Why would I not like it? I think the more people that get vaccinated the better?

Put your pipe down....
LOL really because it goes against your agenda that has been obvious in this thread. You flip flop more than a fish out of water when you get called out on your stance. You are only lying to yourself if you think every one else in this thread does not know that already.
[Reply]
loochy 11:37 AM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
LOL really because it goes against your agenda that has been obvious in this thread. You flip flop more than a fish out of water when you get called out on your stance. You are only lying to yourself if you think every one else in this thread does not know that already.

Quite frankly, I can't recall him being anti-vax at all in this thread

He's been quite anti-"lockdown" and questions the almighty mask gods, but not anti-vax
[Reply]
petegz28 11:53 AM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
My "Agenda"? When have I been against the vaccine? I think you are just talking out of your ass again....
[Reply]
petegz28 11:55 AM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Quite frankly, I can't recall him being anti-vax at all in this thread

He's been quite anti-"lockdown" and questions the almighty mask gods, but not anti-vax
It's SOP for some of these peoples. They say something stupid and somehow it's my fault because this one time, at band camp....
[Reply]
petegz28 08:57 AM 12-28-2020
US coronavirus response unimaginative, should focus on rapid testing and indoor air: expert

https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-co...ing-indoor-air

Underused rapid antigen tests and lack of interest in cleaning indoor air are the two missing pieces amid the deadly, novel coronavirus pandemic, according to an expert.

The comments from Dr. Qanta Ahmed, pulmonologist at NYU Langone, come on the heels of Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, warning on Sunday that the worst of the epidemic is yet to come.

The baseline of some 200,000 new daily cases in the U.S., along with a probable "post-seasonal surge," per Fauci, will pressure the already-burdened health system to a critical point.

"So, Dr. Fauci, things are going to be worse if we’re not changing our approaches," Ahmed said on Fox & Friends Monday. Ahmed said rapid antigen testing can help detect virus outbreaks and clusters to better tailor quarantines, especially in California.

"We’ve got no ability of detecting that right now in the United States because we’re not using rapid antigen testing," Ahmed added, voicing her increasing skepticism of lockdowns: "[There is] no imagination for new approaches. Rapid antigen testing tailors quarantine," she said.

"We’re not tailoring the measures and at the same time we’re destroying our economy," she continued.

"I think there’s two pieces missing. One is the rapid antigen testing, the second is zero interest in cleaning indoor air."

Health officials have warned that crowded indoor areas with poor ventilation can contribute to virus spread. Within the last week, California Gov. Gavin Newsom said statewide ICU capacity has dropped to 1.1%, with twice as many coronavirus and ICU patients in three weeks and hospitalizations up by over 60%.

The concerns come as nearly 120,000 Americans were hospitalized amid the holidays, with approximately 200,000 new daily cases and 2,000 daily deaths, according to data from The COVID Tracking Project.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:04 AM 12-28-2020
JoCo appears to have rolled over significantly. Cases are down a lot since the 17th. 14 day avg of cases is at its lowest since early November.

Deaths and hospitalizations have appeared to roll over as well.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:24 AM 12-28-2020
... and lack of interest in cleaning indoor air...
Back in April I installed Merv 12 furnace filters at our office. We also set the fans to cycle frequently. We try to keep the humidity a bit higher than normal as well.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:26 AM 12-28-2020
JoCo appears to have rolled over significantly. Cases are down a lot since the 17th. 14 day avg of cases is at its lowest since early November.

Deaths and hospitalizations have appeared to roll over as well.
So what is middle America doing better than California?
[Reply]
petegz28 09:52 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So what is middle America doing better than California?
Less sushi, more beef???
[Reply]
petegz28 09:54 AM 12-28-2020
On a separate note, Fauci has now changed his opinion again on HI to 75%-80% up from his earlier 65%(?) but down from his latest 90%.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:02 AM 12-28-2020
Time to remember where the "science" of lockdowns came from..China.

Professor Neil Ferguson has given an extraordinary interview to Tom Whipple at The Times, in which he confirms the degree to which he believes that imitating China’s lockdown policies at the start of 2020 changed the parameters of what Western societies consider acceptable.

“I think people’s sense of what is possible in terms of control changed quite dramatically between January and March,” Professor Ferguson says. When SAGE observed the “innovative intervention” out of China, of locking entire communities down and not permitting them to leave their homes, they initially presumed it would not be an available option in a liberal Western democracy:

It’s a communist one party state, we said. We couldn’t get away with it in Europe, we thought… and then Italy did it. And we realised we could.
- PROFESSOR NEIL FERGUSON, THE TIMES
He almost seems at pains to emphasise the Chinese derivation of the lockdown concept, returning to it later in the interview:

“These days, lockdown feels inevitable. It was, he reminds me, anything but. “If China had not done it,” he says, “the year would have been very different.””

https://unherd.com/thepost/neil-ferg...-was-possible/
[Reply]
Donger 10:13 AM 12-28-2020
On a separate note, Fauci has now changed his opinion again on HI to 75%-80% up from his earlier 65%(?) but down from his latest 90%.
“We need to have some humility here,” he added. “We really don’t know what the real number is. I think the real range is somewhere between 70 to 90 percent. But, I’m not going to say 90 percent.”
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 12-28-2020
If this new strain is more spreadable, then that would make sense.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:23 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If this new strain is more spreadable, then that would make sense.
He seems to be changing his target and reasoning. I mean whatevs but he has changed it twice in the last week or so.

And it's ranged from "people can't handle the truth" to polls to gut feelings.

Okay, whatever. I'll leave the Donger's of the world to kiss his ass. There are plenty of other medical professionals out there to listen too.
[Reply]
Page 3352 of 3903
« First < 2352285232523302334233483349335033513352 33533354335533563362340234523852 > Last »
Up