ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 57
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

carcosa 09:51 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by R Clark:
But do you flush? Let alone a curtesy flush
If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, also let it mellow. My toilet is broken. :-)
R Clark 09:52 PM 07-18-2019
Lol
KS Smitty 09:53 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You're missing the point. I don't WANT to have that debate. Unlike you, I don't think about life in political terms, and I don't get all that worked up about political topics. That's why it's obnoxious to me when people post political shit in the Lounge. It's not productive, it's usually not relevant, and frankly it's pretty hypocritical to say "I hate that people are dragging politics into sports" in one breath and then in the next start dragging politics into a forum that specifically is a place for people to talk sports without politics.
IIRC, it's also a major reason The Hub was created, NO POLITICS. The way it gets into sports and other topics is by both "sides" picking and choosing talking points to create division instead of Fuck Donk Forever, Rapelistlberger, Tom Pedo Brady, NFL fixing games, Phyllis Rivers etc.

As Red Green would say, "We're all in this together."
Frazod 10:00 PM 07-18-2019
You're missing the point. I don't WANT to have that debate. Unlike you, I don't think about life in political terms, and I don't get all that worked up about political topics. That's why it's obnoxious to me when people post political shit in the Lounge. It's not productive, it's usually not relevant, and frankly it's pretty hypocritical to say "I hate that people are dragging politics into sports" in one breath and then in the next start dragging politics into a forum that specifically is a place for people to talk sports without politics.
I realize you weren't here at the time, but I was one of the driving forces behind the creation of the DC forum in the first place. You're welcome, by the way.

But the politics of the day have a way of oozing into every aspect of our lives, including, sadly, the Chiefs, and it is certainly by design. I don't like it anymore than you do. Christ, half the people who voted in that initial poll about Hill wanted him immediately fired from the team, and they were for the most part Jedi-mind tricked into having that opinion by the very same wretched, dishonest tactics that are used to destroy politicians. When that crap is aimed at Trump, it's discussed in DC. When it's aimed at Hill, it's kind of hard not to discuss it here. You can tap dance around it, but that's the truth.
cosmo20002 10:02 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Hey, look, ****mo found TWO current athletes who wouldn't go and some old guys who'd already been but wouldn't go back.

Congratulations! :-)

Apparently that's supposed to compare with the disrespectful hordes who won't do it now, and make complete asses of themselves in the process to the gleeful adoration of the media.

Keep digging, sweetheart. Perhaps out of the thousands of people who were invited in the past, you might find three or four more.

God knows you've got nothing better to do.
Fatzod: No one refused to see Obama!

There's more, but here's some...

Fatzod: Besides those, and the others you won't supply to me, there's none!
Frazod 10:05 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Fatzod: No one refused to see Obama!

There's more, but here's some...

Fatzod: Besides those, and the others you won't supply to me, there's none!
Find where I said "no one refused to see Obama," you lying fuck. Go ahead. I'll wait.
Fish 10:06 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I realize you weren't here at the time, but I was one of the driving forces behind the creation of the DC forum in the first place. You're welcome, by the way.

But the politics of the day have a way of oozing into every aspect of our lives
:-)
Frazod 10:07 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Bowser 10:47 PM 07-18-2019

Naptown Chief 10:57 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Sorry for flying off the handle like that. But I do know how to use a toilet. Okay?
:-) you goose...
Naptown Chief 10:58 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, also let it mellow. My toilet is broken. :-)
If it's yellow semen it's Black Bob's
BucEyedPea 11:10 PM 07-18-2019
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.
I can't find that rule in the FAQs. I never knew when it became a rule and went looking for it, but never found it.
I mean the rule of being banned from a thread for it—not the general rule of politics goes in DC and not the Lounge.
BucEyedPea 11:17 PM 07-18-2019
There's some truth to that. But the problem is that I could easily rebut some of the things you said about "there's only one side doing that." So even starting down this line of conversation naturally makes others want to react.

So in short, keep it to DC.
That's it right there. When others see others doing it—and getting away with it, which has happened, then others do react to it and so start to comment because they think it's okay.
BucEyedPea 11:22 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I can't find that rule in the FAQs. I never knew when it became a rule and went looking for it, but never found it.
I mean the rule of being banned from a thread for it—not the general rule of politics goes in DC and not the Lounge.
Never mind, I just saw it. I don't know why I didn't see it before.

EDIT: I now know why. Because it was added yesterday per a Bearcat post.
Fish 11:45 PM 07-18-2019

Page 13 of 57
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up