ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 207
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
lewdog 05:11 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I can get you some OTWP.

Best way is to get to know people and get on a certain list.
Easier said than done in a large population area. EVERYONE in the game tries this.

Sounds like you’ve got a connection where you live. Keep them happy!

OTWP. join the Arizona Bourbon Society on Facebook. That group will buy barrels quite often.
[Reply]
O.city 05:13 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Easier said than done in a large population area. EVERYONE in the game tries this.

OTWP. join the Arizona Bourbon Society on Facebook. That group will buy barrels quite often.
Yeah, I got in somehow with a group here in my area that can get high end stuff and hard to get stuff alot.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:17 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
I screwed up early on by adding some cheap, crappy rye to it and after that, no matter what I put in it, it still tasted like that cheap rye. Which, coincidentally, was great for cocktails.
Oh yeah, it’s only for bottles you like after you try it. If you try and don’t like, don’t add to infinity bottle!
[Reply]
kstater 06:43 PM 08-24-2020
Elijah Craig for you I’d say. I think you’d like it.

Great choice! Report back.

I like. Get a lot of vanilla, but there is a lot going on here
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:41 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I can get you some OTWP.

Best way is to get to know people and get on a certain list.
Well, I know you so I guess that's a start lol.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:42 PM 08-25-2020

Done. Was fun to go back and see people just bombard their local Fry's.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:43 PM 08-25-2020
I was able to pick up a bottle of McKenna 10 and Stagg Jr. recently at pretty solid prices, compared to what I've seen in the past in the midwest.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:13 PM 08-25-2020
Do I build myself a nice shelf to put all my bourbon and glasses on, or do I build myself a cart?

Would like a cart but I have a 18 month old running around, she is a fucking tornado. So that makes me lean shelf, but don’t really have a good place to put it.

Any suggestions?
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:24 PM 08-25-2020
Getcha a dumped barrel and convert it into a cabinet

That's what I'd do if my wife didn't hate all things rustic.
[Reply]
O.city 03:55 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Well, I know you so I guess that's a start lol.
For sure.

I got 2 bottles of Blantons yesterday. Might part with one if anyone is interested.
[Reply]
srvy 04:36 PM 08-25-2020
Maybe checkout IKEA for a liquor cabinet. They have a lot of stuff like that.

Liqour armoire are pretty kewl but can set you back some.

[Reply]
srvy 04:50 PM 08-25-2020
Also kids can find a way to get too exposed shelving. My son has a large display of legos star wars figures he put together as kid. I hung shelving on his bedroom walls. Well my daughter saw where I put a yardstick in a closet and knocked everyone down and was playing with them when me and my son were outside. Wife had fallen asleep and thats how fast it can happen.

We have a dining room armoire and I keep my bourbon in the cabinet below the the glass display above. The nice thing is its lockable and it keeps it out of direct sunlight. I dont know if its really true that bourbon needs to be kept out of sunlight like wine or beer I just read it somewhere.
[Reply]
phisherman 05:05 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Also kids can find a way to get too exposed shelving. My son has a large display of legos star wars figures he put together as kid. I hung shelving on his bedroom walls. Well my daughter saw where I put a yardstick in a closet and knocked everyone down and was playing with them when me and my son were outside. Wife had fallen asleep and thats how fast it can happen.

We have a dining room armoire and I keep my bourbon in the cabinet below the the glass display above. The nice thing is its lockable and it keeps it out of direct sunlight. I dont know if its really true that bourbon needs to be kept out of sunlight like wine or beer I just read it somewhere.
I don't worry about UV light with bourbon like I do with beer. Bourbon's enemy in the long term is oxygen exposure.

Now that doesn't mean to leave your bourbon collection on the dashboard of your car over the summer but I wouldn't worry about leaving bottles out on some shelves where there is light.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:46 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Done. Was fun to go back and see people just bombard their local Fry's.
I totally would have bought you a bottle of that Full Proof pick! I didn't even think about having a bourbon guy from CP in town. I know you're on the opposite side of town but I'd be willing to meet somewhere. I'll hit you up next time and see if you need anything.
[Reply]
CHENZ A! 10:30 PM 08-25-2020
That Uncle Nearest is phenomenal
[Reply]
Page 157 of 207
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 > Last »
Up