ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 35
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Online flirting
Clint in Wichita 11:07 AM 01-23-2006
Is online flirting, when you know your S.O. disapproves, OK because you "are only flirting online and not in the real world"?

My opinion (surprise, surprise) is that it's not OK, period. It's said to be OK because it's not face-to-face, and online it's just fun and games.

I call bullsh!t. People meet online friends in person all the time. They even meet their future spouses online. The "it's only online" argument is bogus.

I would also imagine that many of those who feel it's OK would be less than eager to have their own S.O.s discover their activity.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Donger 05:11 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Mer:
Because it's been a problem in your relationship for as long as I've known you have one. So it's being rehashed and discussed and bitched about. I'm assuming in real life too. I really don't think you 2 live only on the Internet.

So the girl has to hear you whine about this. She has to start hiding stuff from you just so she doesn't have to hear you whine. She has to make sure every little word and thing she says and does doesn't in some way flick your angry man switch. Sounds like a fun way to spend the afternoon on the Internet.

Then she gets to watch you bitch about her in front of everyone.

I mean. Hypothetically.
Damn Mer. Thanks for yet another semi.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 05:11 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
N00bs should be banned from this thread.

Leave this new boy alone..I like his name, I think I'll keep him........:-)
[Reply]
Donger 05:12 PM 01-23-2006
Speaking of online flirts...
[Reply]
Clint in Wichita 05:12 PM 01-23-2006
Because it's been a problem in your relationship for as long as I've known you have one. So it's being rehashed and discussed and bitched about. I'm assuming in real life too. I really don't think you 2 live only on the Internet.
So, the problem would be all my doing, because I believe that spouses should not only be faithful, but act like it as well? Seems a bit harsh IMO.

So the girl has to hear you whine about this. She has to start hiding stuff from you just so she doesn't have to hear you whine. She has to make sure every little word and thing she says and does doesn't in some way flick your angry man switch. Sounds like a fun way to spend the afternoon on the Internet.
Here's a news flash: Socializing on the internet is not a necessity of life. It's as necessary as watching TV or playing video games.

Then she gets to watch you bitch about her in front of everyone.

I mean. Hypothetically.
Hey, I could bitch about some other people by name, too. Would that make it better?
[Reply]
Nzoner 05:13 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Good to see the grab-ass thread is still going strong.
Yeah and with my luck this will be the night the mrs checks on my on-line activities and I'll get to hear about how I'm spending too much time on the planet.
[Reply]
Katipan 05:16 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Clint in Wichita:
So, the problem would be all my doing, because I believe that spouses should not only be faithful, but act like it as well? Seems a bit harsh IMO.
The problem is that you're still having the same fight. Either she chooses to change, or you choose to deal with it. Leave her if you think she sucks.

Originally Posted by :
Here's a news flash: Socializing on the internet is not a necessity of life. It's as necessary as watching TV or playing video games.
Neither are keg stands but they are sure fun.

Originally Posted by :
Hey, I could bitch about some other people by name, too. Would that make it better?
Then you'd be bitter and high maintenance. But it's your life. You live as angry as you wanna.
[Reply]
Clint in Wichita 05:23 PM 01-23-2006
The problem is that you're still having the same fight. Either she chooses to change, or you choose to deal with it. Leave her if you think she sucks.
Having to end a relationship because internet flirting is so important? And I'M supposed to be high maintenance?! Not to mention the fact that I haven't said anything about fighting.

Neither are keg stands but they are sure fun.
So, basically, you have no self-control. If it's fun, piss on everyone else, you're doing it.

Then you'd be bitter and high maintenance. But it's your life. You live as angry as you wanna.
Oh, so I should take the high road, too?

You've been online far too long.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 05:24 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Donger:
Speaking of online flirts...

feeling left out are we...........:-)
[Reply]
Donger 05:25 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by chiefs4me:
feeling left out are we...........:-)
Left out of what?
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 05:28 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by mer:
I mean. Hypothetically.
:-)

show is "show us your tits!!!!!!!" or "This thread is meaningless without pics" flirting?

how about "NTTAWWT" ? ... cause if NTTAWWT is flirting than most of the people on this board
are gheymo flirts. :-)
[Reply]
Katipan 05:29 PM 01-23-2006
So, basically, you have no self-control. If it's fun, piss on everyone else, you're doing it.
You could be the hottest richest sexual dynamo in the world, and I still wouldn't date a guy that cared as much as you do about what I could consider to be completely inane and unimportant.

My self control isn't limited to just making sure I don't piss off my man. I'm not trading my joy for his joy. He wouldn't want me to. Granted compromise is nice and generally helps you actually maintain a relationship. But I'm pretty safe in thinking your girl has compromised.

And you're still bitching.

You should take the high road because you're a man and want to.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 05:31 PM 01-23-2006
Having to end a relationship because internet flirting is so important? And I'M supposed to be high maintenance?! Not to mention the fact that I haven't said anything about fighting.

Oh, so I should take the high road, too?

You've been online far too long.

If you are willing to let online flirting bust up your marriage, then you have far bigger problems then online flirting...:-) And yes, people do flirt everyday, and it means NOTHING, I am willing to bet that my SO is the biggest flirt in the world...if this little board can upset you like this, My SO flirting would make you freak.....if you are not secure with yourself then that little green monster is gonna get you........:-)
[Reply]
chiefs4me 05:33 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by Donger:
Left out of what?

I don't feel like foreplay tonight, so call me bitch, whore, slut,whatever, and let's move on.........:-)
[Reply]
Clint in Wichita 05:34 PM 01-23-2006
You could be the hottest richest sexual dynamo in the world, and I still wouldn't date a guy that cared as much as you do about what I could consider to be completely inane and unimportant.

My self control isn't limited to just making sure I don't piss off my man. I'm not trading my joy for his joy. He wouldn't want me to. Granted compromise is nice and generally helps you actually maintain a relationship. But I'm pretty safe in thinking your girl has compromised.

And you're still bitching.

You should take the high road because you're a man and want to.
What on Earth has led you to believe that?
[Reply]
Donger 05:47 PM 01-23-2006
Originally Posted by chiefs4me:
I don't feel like foreplay tonight, so call me bitch, whore, slut,whatever, and let's move on.........:-)
I wasn't aware that you were capable of anything else. So, what would you like to move on to?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 35
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up