ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Went for a 5k run and decided to run like Pacheco...
carcosa 11:20 AM 05-02-2024
Doc says I broke EVERY bone in BOTH feet! If this thread gets 1,000 posts I'll post the x-rays!! Let's GOO!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
KC Hawks 07:33 PM 05-03-2024
Is the thought of carcosa posting his x-rays making anyone else horny or is it just me
[Reply]
carcosa 09:26 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Is the thought of carcosa posting his x-rays making anyone else horny or is it just me
Me to
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:58 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
I was Hornee thinking about that coyote lmao
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:04 PM 05-03-2024
LFG!
[Reply]
blake5676 10:16 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I hate distance running. I’ve found that thinking of an imaginary scenario of me fighting helps me settle and get comfortable. In my head I’m ****ing Jet Li, fighting 10 dudes at once and whooping ass. When I snap out of my delusion I notice I’ve run a half mile and didn’t even notice.

It’s pretty weird how much of it is mental.

Outside should be a little tougher. On the treadmill you can change up your gait to sort of let the treadmill do more of the work; whereas, running outside it is 100% up to you to propel yourself forward.

But then again, I find running on the treadmill to be, possibly, the most boring activity on the face of the earth. Running outside does help me mentally.
So I just ran it this morning. It was definitely harder, IMO. Part of it had to do with the fact the first mile and half were running into a light breeze. It was a pretty flat run but the mild inclines at a few spots were definitely felt as well. Not sure if I’ll do another…I really don’t enjoy running. But I’m glad I did it! And I did pretty much maintain my same treadmill pace, which has always been 6mph. No broken bones that I know of either!
[Reply]
BWillie 10:19 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Watch the beginning of Macfarland, USA. First scene of the boys running past Kevin Costner's character (on their way home, I think). That's what it's supposed to look like. Forget the speed; they're moving pretty good.

Look at how quiet their upper bodies are; almost no bounce, hands/elbows moving in straight lines, not curving around their torsos, shoulders stay pretty square. Backs straight, slight lean forward, toes pointed. As my coach used to say, "less is more." minimize extra (lateral) movement in your upper body. Shoulders should be relaxed as possible. just let your arms hang and move in straight lines. Eliminates the body's need to compensate for the lateral motion, and conserves energy. Don't make fists. Kind of cup your fingers like a swimmer.

One thing you can't really see in the movie is that their running slightly pigeon-toed. Imagine there's a line running between your feet out to infinity. Try to put your big toe on that line with every stride. That's reduce your bounce and lengthen your stride. Conserves energy.

Breath on a 4 count. In through the nose and mouth for 4 seconds, out through the mouth only for 4 seconds. At first you might only be able to do 3 seconds but work towards 4. Keep your head up, almost like you're sniffing the air. That keeps your airway as open as possible.

You should be as relaxed as possible, no matter how fast you're going. Smooth is fast. Start out just working on your stride. Pick up the pace when you no longer have to think about your feet.
I run with my huge phone in my left hand. Cuz there is a running app and I split screen it with youtube music I listen to. What I know I dont do correctly and don't understand is the breathing thing. I simply have a horrible time breathing with my nose while doing aerobic activity. It feels borderline nauseating if I try to breath even partly with my nose. When I gasp and breathe solely with my mouth when doing strenuous activity I immediately feel more energized. And I know that is opposite as people say.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:36 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I run with my huge phone in my left hand. Cuz there is a running app and I split screen it with youtube music I listen to. What I know I dont do correctly and don't understand is the breathing thing. I simply have a horrible time breathing with my nose while doing aerobic activity. It feels borderline nauseating if I try to breath even partly with my nose. When I gasp and breathe solely with my mouth when doing strenuous activity I immediately feel more energized. And I know that is opposite as people say.
Always knew you were a mouth breather
[Reply]
BWillie 10:38 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Always knew you were a mouth breather
Confirmed
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:58 AM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Doc says I broke EVERY bone in BOTH feet! If this thread gets 1,000 posts I'll post the x-rays!! Let's GOO!!!!!!!!
How are your foot bones now
[Reply]
carcosa 10:17 AM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
How are your foot bones now
STRONGER THAN EVER
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up