ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3023 of 3903
« First < 2023252329232973301330193020302130223023 30243025302630273033307331233523 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 07:48 AM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
There was an error somewhere. I read about it earlier. I'll see if can find the link
That was my first thought or a back log fill but DHS are saying they don't know.
[Reply]
O.city 08:24 AM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Deaths on the MO side have risen since 9/26......

KS side is fortunately seeing a downward move...

However, the Deaths to Cases Rate in KS\Mo is still pretty low and flat and has been since July.

I need to preface this though that this data is only for the KC area.
The metro area should theoretically be coming down the curve but the rest of MO is just getting blasted
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:41 AM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by chefs fan in omaha:
I’m amazed at how many people wear masks yet no medical professionals wear them outside of work
You must be a well connected fellow to know all of the medical professionals. Whatever dude.
[Reply]
loochy 11:48 AM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by chefs fan in omaha:
I’m amazed at how many people wear masks yet no medical professionals wear them outside of work
I think that pro mask and anti mask people would all agree on my reply:

WTF are you talking about?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 12:01 PM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I think that pro mask and anti mask people would all agree on my reply:

WTF are you talking about?
It's hard to understand him because his voice is muffled from the Fruit Of The Loom mask covering the hole he's talking out of.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:01 PM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
uh.. I shouldn't be surprised though because to many people aren't wearing masks and SD.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-out...abd53504ba3b6e

More than 5K new COVID-19 cases in Missouri sets record

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Missouri reported more than 5,000 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday to more than double the previous single-day record.

The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services said there have been a total of 144,230 confirmed cases since the outbreak started, up 5,066 cases from Friday. The previous single day high of 2,084 new cases was set on July 30, KMOV reports.

Health department spokeswoman Lisa Cox didn’t immediately respond to an email from The Associated Press seeking an explanation for the large increase. It was reported on the same day that the number of deaths increased by 27 to bring the total to 2,422.

Data from the state also shows that 1,313 people were hospitalized as of Friday, the second-most for any single day. The rise in hospitalizations is occurring largely in Missouri’s rural communities.

“People aren’t following the rules,” Jayne Dees, administrator of the health department in New Madrid County in the Bootheel region of southeast Missouri, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “They’re not social distancing. They’re not wearing masks. They’re gathering.”

Dr. Nathan Sprengel, a doctor at the SEMO Health Network clinic in New Madrid, said some patients get upset when they are urged to wear masks in the clinic.

“That tells me they’re probably not wearing one when they’re out in public,” he said.

Meanwhile, an outbreak at the jail in St. Louis County has grown to include 20 inmates and one employee, officials announced Friday night. Mass testing is underway as the facility seeks to control the spread of the virus.
Truth be told, masks mitigate the spread well in public places but the real big spreading is going on during big family gatherings.
[Reply]
TLO 03:40 PM 10-11-2020
DHSS addresses State of Missouri COVID-19 data concerns as it transitions to automatic reporting

JEFFERSON CITY, MO – Providing real-time information and reporting about COVID-19’s impact on Missouri remains a top priority for the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS).

DHSS works diligently each day to provide transparent and actionable data to Missourians to help mitigate the transmission of COVID-19. The amount and types of information creates a dynamic, complex situation which changes constantly. DHSS is currently in the process of migrating all COVID-19 testing and case data into one new consolidated system, called EpiTrax.

Missouri launched a new version of the Show Me Strong COVID-19 Public Health Dashboard on Sept. 28 to integrate pandemic response data across public health, economic, employment, and social impact indicators. This single point of access provides recovery information with greater detail and specificity across the various sectors, and also seeks to streamline data reporting.

A database extract error on Oct. 10 resulted in an incorrect inflation of the number of reported cases going back over several days, suggesting that 5,020 cases had been added in 24 hours.

“When this issue was initially raised Saturday morning, the dashboard team began working through the data to identify the problem and are working through the weekend to correct the underlying issue,” said Dr. Randall Williams, DHSS Director.

“Missourians should feel confident that we appreciate their feedback and continue to adapt our processes to ensure effective and accountable reporting to our citizens.”

DHSS team members have examined the system issue and are working urgently to resolve it. The Show Me Strong COVID-19 Public Health Dashboard will be updated once that resolution is complete. One key aim of transitioning to the new EpiTrax system is to standardize data management, and, thereby, prevent data reporting issues in the future.

It is important to note that all new cases have still been, and will continue to be, reported accurately and in a timely fashion to local public health agencies for case investigation. The above issues were limited to cumulative reporting on the Show Me Strong COVID-19 Public Health Dashboard.

“We are committed to continually improving our practices,” said Williams. “While our updated internal processes serve the purpose of reporting data with greater granularity, finalizing the new approach to replace manual entry presents our team with technical challenges that we are working through.”

###
[Reply]
kgrund 04:34 PM 10-11-2020
Funny how everybody here in Missouri just easily accepted a reported number that just on the surface looked like BS.
[Reply]
TLO 04:36 PM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Funny how everybody here in Missouri just easily accepted a reported number that just on the surface looked like BS.
That headline was posted for clicks, nothing else. They knew it wasn't accurate, they posted it anyway
[Reply]
BWillie 04:42 PM 10-11-2020
Im at some dumb church function thing with my GFs family. Nobody wearing masks. A bunch of old ppl all in a confined area. Wtf are old ppl doing.

These are the kind of events that is contributing to this shit and Im unfortunately part of the problem. I really wouldn't be here if I could help it. Terrible looks from non mask wearers
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:50 PM 10-11-2020
Yup absolutely horrible for people to be in close contact with at risk people. Just nuts...
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 10-12-2020
The problem with that is some people don't even know they're at risk. If you aren't up on your health, you don't know.

Also, it's a reason why high cases are problematic. THe more spread there is, the harder it is to keep it out of areas you don't want it to be.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:21 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Attended a wedding today in rural MO. Ceremony was outside. About 250 ppl, no masks, no distancing, no ****s given.

My wife and I stood at the back during the ceremony and left before the reception. Shit was mind-blowing to me.

Edit: we were, LITERALLY, the only 2 ppl wearing masks. Everyone looked at us like we were some sort of communist.
You went on vacation to Florida.
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 AM 10-12-2020
I'm hopeful we start to see hospitalizations head back down. With the election and such, I worry we don't have the political will to do much if hospitals get overwhelmed.
[Reply]
TLO 11:28 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm hopeful we start to see hospitalizations head back down. With the election and such, I worry we don't have the political will to do much if hospitals get overwhelmed.
Hospitalizations in our area are very volatile. We discharge a decent number, and a couple days later we're right back where we were.

Our hospital has basically said, " Yeah we have room for more patients, but we're running out of people to take care of them. "

Eventually creating more room for covid patients is going to take a toll on space for non covid patients as well.
[Reply]
Page 3023 of 3903
« First < 2023252329232973301330193020302130223023 30243025302630273033307331233523 > Last »
Up