ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 3903
« First < 172324252627 2829303137771275271027 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 01:37 AM 03-02-2020
waste of time to talk about it, unless one of you gets it and will die.
you dont have it. None you know has it. Just another hoax, like bird flu or Sars or what ever.
nothing happened with those. They didnt fly ebola into the usa a couple years ago either.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:25 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
How much does a shotgun cost?
It depends. My Remington 870 was around $300 for hunting birds. My Benelli M4 assault shotgun was around $1900.
[Reply]
Schnitzel 02:45 AM 03-02-2020
It’s silly to compare number of recoveries to number of deaths in the Western World at the moment, because the real outbreak in Europe happened during last week and it takes at least two weeks to officially recover.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:57 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Flu viruses actually cant survive on clothing very long.

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
:-)
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 07:06 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
you dont have it. None you know has it. Just another hoax, like bird flu or Sars or what ever.
nothing happened with those. They didnt fly ebola into the usa a couple years ago either.
I live in central Cali and this is a very real situation, if you think it's some hoax you couldn't be more wrong.
[Reply]
TLO 07:10 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
I live in central Cali and this is a very real situation, if you think it's some hoax you couldn't be more wrong.
What's going on?
[Reply]
TLO 07:12 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Honestly, this is pretty disturbing. Check out Post 378. Unless there's some particular reason for people outside China to be more vulnerable, I think China's death numbers are either understated or they're being really liberal on their diagnoses. But in the latter case, that would still mean that the death rate is really high for those who get it.

Can anyone give me a good theory on why people outside China are dying at triple the rate of the Chinese?
Because so far the majority of the people showing severe illness outside of China are elderly? That's my theory.
[Reply]
TLO 07:41 AM 03-02-2020
I watched a video with Dr. Marc Siegel this morning. The "official" death rate is currently 1.4%. He said this is concerning, but that it will likely drop as more rapid testing becomes available. It's widely believed that there are thousands upon thousands of cases that have gone undiagnosed due to mild symptoms.
[Reply]
Spott 08:00 AM 03-02-2020
Is it affecting track athletes?
[Reply]
chinaski 08:12 AM 03-02-2020
I live in Los Angeles, and outside of seeing a few people walking around wearing masks, my daily life hasn't changed one iota.

YMMV
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:15 AM 03-02-2020
Received a company wide email this morning stating all international business travel will require CEO approval.
[Reply]
wazu 08:51 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Schnitzel:
It’s silly to compare number of recoveries to number of deaths in the Western World at the moment, because the real outbreak in Europe happened during last week and it takes at least two weeks to officially recover.
Meant to thumbs up. This is a solid point.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:03 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Because it's not affecting me directly, I don't care about it! Yet I will talk about it on public boards to say that I think it's a waste of time to talk about!
[Reply]
Donger 09:10 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I agree with Wazu on this. To calculate the death rate, we don't include cases that are not yet concluded by either death or recovery, because we don't yet know their outcomes. To calculate the death rate, we divide deaths by (deaths plus recoveries), which gives me 6.3 percent.
That isn't how it's calculated. It's called case fatality rate, if memory serves, and it's deaths divided by total cases. And, yes, it varies. If using just known outcomes, you could also say that ~50% of those who contract the virus (90,000 and 45,000) recover. We better hope that the recovery rate (when known) ends up being better than ~50%, because that will mean ~50% deaths.
[Reply]
RN47 09:21 AM 03-02-2020

I enjoy listening to Dr. Z podcasts; here he interviews an epidemiologist regarding the novel corona-virus. Worth a listen, IMO.

BLUF: No vaccines for about a year for this one; it's going to do what it will. Particle masks / N95 masks are merely a gesture for those not infected. If you already have it, it will help prevent you spreading to others...
[Reply]
Page 27 of 3903
« First < 172324252627 2829303137771275271027 > Last »
Up