ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1028 of 3903
« First < 28528928978101810241025102610271028 102910301031103210381078112815282028 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
kgrund 11:21 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
(CNN)A prestigious scientific panel told the White House Wednesday night that research shows coronavirus can be spread not just by sneezes or coughs, but also just by talking, or possibly even just breathing.

"While the current [coronavirus] specific research is limited, the results of available studies are consistent with aerosolization of virus from normal breathing," according to the letter, written by Dr. Harvey Fineberg, chairman of a committee with the National Academy of Sciences.

Fineberg told CNN that he will wear start wearing a mask when he goes to the grocery stor
I have been thinking this to be true for a very LONG time. It only makes sense. If people are spreading it without symptoms, they are not sneezing, hacking, and coughing. We all know if the spread would be that specific this would be a nothing burger. Who among us has seen anyone lately that was out in public with these symptoms? I also do not think the White House today was enlightened by this panel. They have been alluding to this possibility for a long while.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:23 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If you can somehow work in an Operation Mincemeat analogy in your analysis at any time in this process (for this, a vaccine, or our response in some way), expect some quality rep from yours truly.
How 'bout using the blood/antibodies of a previously infected patient agent to throw 'dead' virus into the system and create misinformation/confusion among the living virus that allows your forces to get a head start and cut things off before they really get going?

I think O.City is the one that's been tracking that particular bit of research.

I dunno...that's a hell of a hard one.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:24 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
I have been thinking this to be true for a very LONG time. It only makes sense. If people are spreading it without symptoms, they are not sneezing, hacking, and coughing. We all know if the spread would be that specific this would be a nothing burger. Who among us has seen anyone lately that was out in public with these symptoms? I also do not think the White House today was enlightened by this panel. They have been alluding to this possibility for a long while.

Shit I went to Walmart the other day and there was a bunch of old people coughing and hacking so I turned around and went home.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:25 AM 04-02-2020
http://nautil.us/blog/be-wary-of-a-m...ovid_19-deaths

Interesting article to say the least.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:25 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
They elected the dumbass? :-) would not be fair but I could see that being the thought.
I think the mention of doing it would help nudge those dragging their feet to take action now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:26 AM 04-02-2020
21,000/675 today

we are going for 1500

Florida is leading NY right now for deaths today

They had 300 deaths before today, 209 today

WTF
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:28 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
How 'bout using the blood/antibodies of a previously infected patient agent to throw 'dead' virus into the system and create misinformation/confusion among the living virus that allows your forces to get a head start and cut things off before they really get going?

I think O.City is the one that's been tracking that particular bit of research.

I dunno...that's a hell of a hard one.
Convalescent plasma has been used in certain cases. Scaling that would present major challenges.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
21,000/675 today

we are going for 1500

Florida is leading NY right now for deaths today

They had 300 deaths before today, 209 today

WTF
They're slow as fuck reaction, mixed with beaches/spring break and their huge old population is likely to make that state a disaster.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:30 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
http://nautil.us/blog/be-wary-of-a-m...ovid_19-deaths

Interesting article to say the least.
The IMHE model was off by 350% less than a week after it was released.

I mean c'mon. They're holding up a model that ate shit almost immediately and saying "any model that doesn't match this model that failed spectacularly almost immediately is clearly wrong..."

Ultimately I can't speak to their conclusions because there are a ton of unknowns here, but that particular analysis is horseshit. If my teacher wrote "show your work" on a test question and I responded w/ a picture of me pulling numbers from my rectum, right or wrong answer, I ain't getting much credit.

So in response "Be wary of anyone who presents the IMHE model as the Rosetta Stone"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Convalescent plasma has been used in certain cases. Scaling that would present major challenges.
Yeah...but does the analogy work?

I know full well I have no understanding at all of the science...
[Reply]
Mecca 11:32 AM 04-02-2020
In the last 2 weeks...10 million people filed for unemployment.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:38 AM 04-02-2020
Yeah man it sucks I feel for all the people who lost their jobs due to this pandemic.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:41 AM 04-02-2020
Does this mean less people will hoard toilet paper? Finally!
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:42 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Probably not. Quite a few are going to make more money than they did.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:43 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No, it means more people will be sitting their ass at home using MOAR
[Reply]
Page 1028 of 3903
« First < 28528928978101810241025102610271028 102910301031103210381078112815282028 > Last »
Up